CanJam NYC 2023 Impressions Thread (February 25-26, 2023)
Feb 27, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #511 of 961
Did anyone listen to the Lina system with, and without the Master Clock? I am really interested to hear any opinions on the difference, if any (although I have to believe there is some difference) the Master Clock makes.
I did. This was probably the single biggest takeaway for me. There was something about the Lina stacks and the stuff at the TEAC booth that I liked, and after playing wit hthe clock on the Lina, am beginning to wonder if there's something to it. Just sounds more focused with the clock engaged.

Feb 27, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #512 of 961
Can anyone here PM me the 10% off Audio Technica promo code? It was only meant to be available to CanJammers and I didn’t bother asking the 2 men at their desk. It was supposed to be active until Tuesday night.

Thanks

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #513 of 961
Can someone ask the Sennheiser rep, how many orders would it take to drop the HE-1 down from $60k to $5k. You know, economies of scale, at
least that's how it's suppose to work. Anyway, I'm in at that price.. :beerchug:
I think HE-1 is more of a statement piece than anything. Also exorbitant cost creates an air of exclusivity and unobtainium that benefits the brand as a whole. See also Rolex.

Feb 27, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #514 of 961
I did. This was probably the single biggest takeaway for me. There was something about the Lina stacks and the stuff at the TEAC booth that I liked, and after playing wit hthe clock on the Lina, am beginning to wonder if there's something to it. Just sounds more focused with the clock engaged.
Thank you. I am really on the fence about the adding the clock. This may push me over.

Feb 27, 2023 at 1:44 PM Post #515 of 961
There was something about ... the stuff at the TEAC booth that I liked
I had the same reaction to the TEAC UD-701N network DAC. Their setup included an attached CG-10M master clock. Really excellent sounding combination. Struck me as a worthy baby brother to the Esoteric N-05XD.

CanJamNYC23-12-Teac.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2023 at 1:44 PM Post #516 of 961
Was anyone able to test the demo xMEMs IEMs at the iFi booth?
I did. They're certainly resolving but were too sharp/siblant to my ears. I'm told they're working on being able to load EQs into a chip in the IEM to correct this.

Feb 27, 2023 at 1:52 PM Post #517 of 961
Thank you. I am really on the fence about the adding the clock. This may push me over.
Oh you already have it. It's a no brainer imo. I wouldn't have bought the Lina or Rossini without the clock tbh. People should really look at dCS dacs and clocks as a package deal. Otherwise you're just fooling yourself thinking you won't be spending more.

Feb 27, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #519 of 961
Did anyone listen to the Ear Micro T10 In-Ear Computer? Drivers were made by Klipsch, and each IEM has an IMU which responds to head movements.

They're saying down the line, you'll be able to program it to do pretty much any specific task, including driving a wheelchair.

The rep asked me a question while I had them on and I shook my head no, and it skipped the song for me. Future stuff.

Sound was good, but not really what these are for at $3000 base.

Feb 27, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #521 of 961
Keen to hear impressions of Enleum HPA-23RM. Thank you!
Hey, gave it a listen and I’d describe it as thick and lively, definitely grabs a good hold of planar drivers, didn’t try dynamics but I’d imagine the same applies. Not the best for the price, but definitely unique.

Feb 27, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #522 of 961
Hey, gave it a listen and I’d describe it as thick and lively, definitely grabs a good hold of planar drivers, didn’t try dynamics but I’d imagine the same applies. Not the best for the price, but definitely unique.
Thanks. Thick and lively is interesting. Yes, current output amps really only suit planars with some exceptions on dynamics (HD800s and TH900 for example).

Feb 27, 2023 at 2:38 PM Post #523 of 961
Because in the end the transducer has the last word
I kind of agree, the bottleneck in audio today are the mechanical devices, the transducers, and until someone figures out an exciting new way to move air and vice versa, which has never been tried before I'm afraid progress will realistically thinking be always very incremental, a bit more lighter, a bit more flexible, a bit more this, a bit more that but in the end, still the same old design that was invented decades ago. Just too think about it, Some of the absolute favourite studio microphones are still some German microphones which were released just a few years after WW2, that's how you know there has been hardly any progress. not as much as in the marketing side of it at least, why make any real progress when you can sell almost the exact same thing twice, only more expensive this time.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2023 at 2:42 PM Post #524 of 961
I don't post detailed impressions based on show listening, but I loved what I heard from the DCA Corina, their new electrostatic headphone. When I got into electrostatics, the ethereal sound was part of the appeal, but I've come to prefer headphones that have more body in the upper midrange. Corina fits that to a T. It is on my buy list.

Feb 27, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #525 of 961
So some interesting news, we were supposed to fly out tonight at 6, so naturally, until then I have been working on our Show Report.

Looks like our flight is canceled, and we are rebooked for tomorrow morning. So that means we've got another night here in NY! We've got a hotel room ofc, but I thought it might be cool to see if anyone local is down to hang out! I always enjoy working CanJam and showcasing our systems for you guys but, It would be cool to hear and enjoy some of the local systems here in town too haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back