CanJam NYC 2022 (February 26-27, 2022)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 23, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #481 of 619
I have a few questions that may help me understand how things work before the show this weekend. Mostly on what is the proper etiquette.
1. Are there usually long lines for certain items?
2. Is there a time period that you should allow yourself per item?
3. Do you just sit down at different booths and plug your phone/dap into the item to demo or do they have everything set up with their source/ music to demo?
4. Are all items just display at the booths or do you present and ask to demo specific items that they carry?

Sorry if these are dumb questions but I like to be prepared to decrease my anxiety. Thanks

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #482 of 619
1. Sometimes. But never prohibitive.
2. Not really. Once you get a seat at the table tho, you should relax and just do what you have to do.
3. Both.
4. They should have stuff out. If you don't see what you want just ask.

Feb 23, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #483 of 619
Will be my first time attending! Couple questions

Is ear fatigue (not sure what to call it) a thing? Another one of my hobbies is fragrances, and you can get anosmic when sampling a bunch in one setting

I bought 2 tickets, any way to refund one?

Feb 23, 2022 at 1:48 PM Post #484 of 619
Near Times Square, Joe's on Broadway, Upside Pizza (598 8th Ave) and Nizza on 9th Avenue are good. Pizza Suprema at 32d and 8th, an easy walk, got "discovered" and added a lot of idiotic overpriced foodie options, but its basic cheese and tomato slice -- just ask for the regular or cheese, it's not displayed -- is the bomb, and sausage, eggplant or mushroom are also great choices. Meanwhile Bleecker Street Pizza down in Greenwich Village is wonderful. Skip the long lines at the Instagram-hyped Prince Street Pizza. Nolita Pizza (2 locations) is also wow.
Lombardo down on Bleeker was the first pizza 🍕 in NYC, something like 1905. The old man taught several others the way.
Still superb by the judgement of this Italian Brooklynite but that is not geographically convenient and they are usually quite busy. Good to know regardless. Their specialty is just great pizza, no pineapple, no guacamole, nothing but REAL pizza.

Feb 23, 2022 at 1:48 PM Post #485 of 619

Is ear fatigue (not sure what to call it) a thing? Another one of my hobbies is fragrances, and you can get anosmic when sampling a bunch in one setting

Listening fatigue is a thing, at least for me. After awhile it all starts sounding the same, that's why I always say to be judicious in what you listen to, and pace yourself.

Feb 23, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #486 of 619

Listening fatigue is a thing, at least for me. After awhile it all starts sounding the same, that's why I always say to be judicious in what you listen to, and pace yourself.
Bring some Beats earbuds with you. Use it a palette cleanser in between listening sessions to remind your ears why you're at CanJam.

Feb 23, 2022 at 3:54 PM Post #487 of 619
Bloom is gearing up for a great time this weekend! In addition to a collection of killer new gear (highlighted by Head-Fi in their preview video!), we're bringing something else very very special...

The HiFiMAN EF1000.

That's right, the legendary and eye-wateringly pricey hybrid tube amp designed specifically to deliver 20w of pure Class A power to perfectly drive Susvara. Come listen to a collection of the world's best headphones connected to quite possibly the world's best headphone amp.

Pack an extra pair of boxer briefs.

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1181.jpg

Bloom Audio Headphones and Personal Audio with Pitch Perfect Service. Stay updated on Bloom Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/BloomAudioStore https://twitter.com/BloomAudioStore https://www.instagram.com/BloomAudioStore https://bloomaudio.com hello@bloomaudio.com
Feb 23, 2022 at 4:00 PM Post #488 of 619
Bloom is gearing up for a great time this weekend! In addition to a collection of killer new gear (highlighted by Head-Fi in their preview video!), we're bringing something else very very special...

The HiFiMAN EF1000.

That's right, the legendary and eye-wateringly pricey hybrid tube amp designed specifically to deliver 20w of pure Class A power to perfectly drive Susvara. Come listen to a collection of the world's best headphones connected to quite possibly the world's best headphone amp.

Pack an extra pair of boxer briefs.

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1181.jpg
Great. I am going to bring my own Susvara to listen to it. Looks like you are pairing it with the Chord Hugo TT2 and M Scaler which I also own.

Lombardo down on Bleeker was the first pizza 🍕 in NYC, something like 1905. The old man taught several others the way.
Still superb by the judgement of this Italian Brooklynite but that is not geographically convenient and they are usually quite busy. Good to know regardless. Their specialty is just great pizza, no pineapple, no guacamole, nothing but REAL pizza.
Went there once. It was fun and decent pizza.

Lugers is a bit overrated and they do not take credit cards. You can try Del Friscos for a great steak in Manhattan. There are many other places as well.
Yeah, I know all of that. My favorite steak house is actually in Boca Raton where I used to live. New York Prime.

Like I said, it's on the list of what we do when we go there. So, it's a tradition now. Their wedge salad is the best I have ever had with delightful pork belly. And the Schlag on top of the Apple Strudel in one of my favorite desserts. I love taking the subway to Brooklyn and walking to Peter Luger's.

Feb 23, 2022 at 5:01 PM Post #491 of 619
@HiFiHawaii808, I just gotta say, it's been a pleasure to watch your evolution as a CanJam addict so far! :relaxed: And I mean that, not as an indictment obviously, but as someone who's been on that path (as you can see by my badges).

Feb 23, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #493 of 619
Feb 23, 2022 at 6:21 PM Post #494 of 619
CanJam Sg is gonna rock his world, such a wonderfully different experience! :relaxed:
So tempted... :angry:
Been to Singapore once, on a business trip, approx. 8-9 years ago. Such an amazing place! Would love going again (for CanJam this time)!!!

Feb 23, 2022 at 6:39 PM Post #495 of 619
So tempted... :angry:
Been to Singapore once, on a business trip, approx. 8-9 years ago. Such an amazing place! Would love going again (for CanJam this time)!!!

It's singularly unique, amongst all the CanJams. Singaporeans' passion for the show, dedication to the hobby, and welcoming hospitality are second-to-none. Plus, there's a selection of portable gear that you won't easily find in the West.

And the food... :yum:

The entire experience is hard to put into words, but I love it there! :heart_eyes: I think anybody that wants to count themselves as being a true veteran CanJammer should experience it at least once!

CJSG22_Highlight_ItsBackLah.png

And Sony was just added as an exhibitor! 🥳

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back