CanJam NYC 2020 (February 15-16, 2020)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 6, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #181 of 596
Thanks for the add! Our China-based team is looking forward to their first time in the Big Apple --- so the US/international team is trying to make this as enjoyable as possible for them.

But the last time I was in New York was three years ago, so while I still remember a bit, it's not fresh in my mind --- if anyone has any good recommendations on food and drink, we're all ears! (Have also been reading the recommendations already put forth on here as well...) We're starting simple, with stuff like Joe's Pizza and Shake Shack.

Wanna keep it really simple? Try the chicken sandwich (classic or spicy, with or without pickles) from Popeye’s. I’m not going to get into the whole chicken sandwich war (it’s actually a thing), but for $3.99 you have nothing to lose. (I’m also a big fan of their chicken; my relatives from Australia love it since they have nothing like it in their country).

Jan 6, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #182 of 596
Thanks for the add! Our China-based team is looking forward to their first time in the Big Apple --- so the US/international team is trying to make this as enjoyable as possible for them.

But the last time I was in New York was three years ago, so while I still remember a bit, it's not fresh in my mind --- if anyone has any good recommendations on food and drink, we're all ears! (Have also been reading the recommendations already put forth on here as well...) We're starting simple, with stuff like Joe's Pizza and Shake Shack.
Shake shack is pretty good. I ate at one in NJ.

Jan 6, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #184 of 596
If you get a chance try a slice if Junior's cheese cake. They also have nice food.

Mr. Pete-------------->
aging hippie

Just a note, Junior's is across the street from the New York Marriott Marquis, where CanJam NYC is happening.

ALSO: If you're going to CanJam NYC 2020 and would like a NYC 2020 badge on your profile, please PM me!

Jan 6, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #185 of 596
A favorite of mine that's within a couple (east-west, AKA long) blocks of the Marriott Marquis is Bareburger. It's a sit-down burger joint that offers lots of interesting options and combinations. They used to have things like elk, wild boar and lamb, but have since replaced those with Beyond and Impossible burgers. What's left for the meat eaters is grass-fed beef and bison. Not cheap, but not bad by NYC standards regarding price.

On the other end of the spectrum, I also love a Japanese curry spot called Go Go Curry. Different from Indian curry, Japanese curry is typically thicker, a bit sweeter and less spicy. Slather that on some rice and a pork/chicken cutlet... :stew::ok_hand: That's about 8 short blocks south of the Marriott Marquis, and it's a relatively inexpensive, quick lunch option that'll stick with you. :smile:

Jan 6, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #187 of 596
All set for my first CanJam :L3000: I went to an ”official Head-Fi meet” in San Francisco in 2017 that was like a mini CanJam, so I know what to expect, but I’m still stoked. First time to visit NY and my wife is coming with (her first time as well). We’re doing it big with a Broadway show and reservations at Per Se, Eleven Madison Park and Le Bernardin. Foodie heaven! Would appreciate any recommendations on cheap eats since we’ll be spending a small fortune on those 3 meals. Also any feedback on what tourist attractions are worth it and what are traps. Thanks!
Check out Becco (Lidia Bastianich), 355 West 46th Street. Most entrees are less than $30 and bottles of wine are $35. It's a hell of a lot less then her other restaurants, Felidia and Del Posto.

Jan 6, 2020 at 7:29 PM Post #189 of 596
We're pleased to announce DUNU as a Show Sponsor of CanJam NYC 2020!

The DUNU team at CanJam SoCal was extremely helpful and friendly...looking forward to listening to more of their gear at CanJam NYC

Just a note, Junior's is across the street from the New York Marriott Marquis, where CanJam NYC is happening.

Awesome food and so convenient to pop over for a snack while resting one's ears!

The Counter is just a short walk if anyone is looking for great burgers. We had a group go together last year and it was a great evening, even though they didn't have root beer.

Looking forward to eating at The Counter as well. Just in case it's too busy, there's a Five Guys a couple of blocks away from the Marriott as well - but The Counter is my first choice on this trip.

Are you going to New York?

@Watagump The candy junkies want to know. :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #190 of 596
I'm about to sell my only wired headphones (Westone IEMs). Should I hold off on selling and bring them to this event to use them to hear different DACs etc? Or is that not so much what will be there? TBH I'm most hoping to hear super high end stuff that can bring you to tears, but it would be nice to educate myself on different equipment.

Jan 6, 2020 at 9:49 PM Post #191 of 596
I'm about to sell my only wired headphones (Westone IEMs). Should I hold off on selling and bring them to this event to use them to hear different DACs etc? Or is that not so much what will be there? TBH I'm most hoping to hear super high end stuff that can bring you to tears, but it would be nice to educate myself on different equipment.

There will be something there for every budget. It may help (it can't hurt) to bring your own IEMs, something that you are familar with, as a baseline if you wanted to compare with other IEMs.

Jan 8, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #192 of 596
Im looking forward to CanJam NYC! We will have a selection of headphones at the Benchmark booth where we will have a server running Roon with Tidal and Qobuz streaming all your favorite music.

We currently have the following headphones for our booth at CanJam NYC;

Focal Utopia, Stellia, Clear and Elegia,

HiFiMAN Susvara and HE1000se

Audeze LCD-4Z, LCD-XC and LCD-2 Closed back

Grado PS2000e

Sennheiser HD650

NYC is going to be a great show!

Jan 8, 2020 at 12:51 PM Post #193 of 596
Im looking forward to CanJam NYC! We will have a selection of headphones at the Benchmark booth where we will have a server running Roon with Tidal and Qobuz streaming all your favorite music.

Grado PS2000e

Sennheiser HD650

C U there

Jan 8, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #194 of 596

Grado PS2000e

Sennheiser HD650

Nice! Pizza party again? Lol

Jan 8, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #195 of 596

Grado PS2000e

Sennheiser HD650

Will be stopping by!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back