CanJam NYC 2019 (February 16-17, 2019)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 12, 2019 at 12:31 AM Post #721 of 884
If memory serves me those are the ones that just toasted his ears with I believe screeching treble.
That's Edition 10. I used to own one. I gave up on its burning in process after 500 hours. It was so painful to listen.
I doubt anyone has Edition 10 now including Ultrasone themselves.

Feb 12, 2019 at 3:46 AM Post #722 of 884
This is who I am interested in seeing, time allowed...

64 Audio* YES

ABYSS Headphones* YES

Advanced-no

Astell&Kern* YES

Audeze* YES

Audio 46* YES

Audio Plus Services (focal) no

Audio-Technica Maybe

AudioValve RETAILER NO

Auris Audio AMPS NO

Benchmark Media Systems NO

Beyerdynamic* YES

Campfire Audio* YES

Caprice Audio no

Cardas Audio no

Cayin Audio no

Chord Electronics* HUGO 2 YES

Dekoni Audio no

Earsonics* YES

EarStudio no

Effect Audio no

Empire Ears* YES

Focal* YES

Final no

FiiO maybe

Grado YES

Headamp Audio Electronics retailer NO

Hifiman* YES

iFi Audio (amps and dacs) NO

InEar -- ?

Innuos no

Jerry Harvey Audio* YES

Jomo Audio YES!

Lotoo YES, player

Labkable YES. CABLES

Meze Audio YES EMPYREAN Headphone

MrSpeakers YES Headphones

MusicTeck RETAILER NO

Mytek YES, DACS and AMPS

NAD NO

Nimbus NO

Noble Audio* YES

OBravo* YESSS! (RA)

Project-Audio Systems NO

PSB NO

Qdc MAYBE if time...

Redscape Audio NO

RHA* YES CL2

Rupert Neve Designs NO

Schiit Audio* YES

SendyAudio* YES IEM

Sennheiser* YES

Soekris NO DACS AMPS

Sonarworks NO

Sony* YES!!!

SPL YES (CURIOUS)

STAX* YES

Swan Song Audio MAYBE AMPS

The Source AV NO RETAILER

Ultrasone* YES

Unique Melody* YES

Violectric NO

Westone* YES

Woo Audio * YES

ZMF Headphones* YES

Just a friendly reminder that MusicTeck will have demo unit of new AAW line, including the Canary which is another Estats/BA/DD hybrid, if you are interested in Jomo and Noble’s new 3 way hybrids, you should check them out too!
Also Final's D8000 is really worth checking if you haven't heard them yet and are very interested in the Empyrean and Audeze models which are in similar price range :)

Feb 12, 2019 at 7:17 AM Post #723 of 884
Just a friendly reminder that MusicTeck will have demo unit of new AAW line, including the Canary which is another Estats/BA/DD hybrid, if you are interested in Jomo and Noble’s new 3 way hybrids, you should check them out too!
Also Final's D8000 is really worth checking if you haven't heard them yet and are very interested in the Empyrean and Audeze models which are in similar price range :)

Yep, Musicteck confirmed they will be spread across 3 tables with audio gear they sell, including the latest Unique Melody, Lotoo, and other stuff. Audio46 also sharing a table with some brands they carry in their Manhattan store.

Feb 12, 2019 at 8:05 AM Post #724 of 884
Very excited to attend. I will be going on a bunch of 10 hour flights in May and want to audition over ear noise cancelling comfy phones. Any suggestions, really hope to try Sony and a few others, all of your genius suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks

Feb 12, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #726 of 884
Benchmark will have Grado headphones at our booth to listen to.
Other headphones at our booth
Audeze
Audio-Technica
Focal
HifiMan
Mr Speakers
Sennheiser...
Nice! I'll be sure to stop by.

Feb 12, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #727 of 884
Look forward to seeing everyone this weekend! We'll have a few pair of the new Diana Phi ready to play along with the AB-1266 Phi CC. Also check out the Woo Audio room for some gorgeous tube sound.

abyss_diana_phi.jpg

ABYSS Headphones We engineer, machine, and build our headphones from scratch in New York, USA. Stay updated on ABYSS Headphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AbyssHeadphones https://twitter.com/AbyssHeadphones https://www.instagram.com/abyssheadphones/ https://abyss-headphones.com/ info@Abyss-Headphones.com
Feb 12, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #728 of 884
Great info! Thanks.

Feb 12, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #730 of 884
Feb 12, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #731 of 884
Wow, forecast went up some ten degrees since a few days ago. Good. But hope it isn't a drenched either.

I find (local NYC) channel 7, which is Accuweather is still better than channel 4, NBC. I've had a couple weekends ruined years past following NBC forecasting which was way off. Regardless, no forecasting is very dependable over 3 days out.
All they do is regurgitate the National Weather Service reports, lol...

Feb 12, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #732 of 884
Very excited to attend. I will be going on a bunch of 10 hour flights in May and want to audition over ear noise cancelling comfy phones. Any suggestions, really hope to try Sony and a few others, all of your genius suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks
Last year JBL had this thousand dollar ANC on steroids headphone on display that really impressed me.

Edit: not seeing their name under the exhibitor list tho. Wonder if they will be there under a different name. I'd check the PSB booth too. Not for these JBLs I mention, but for their offering. I really liked it last year.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #733 of 884
My brain has this you have to feel 100% ready type of thing. I keep adding things so then I practice packing with the new things, I don't have OCD or anything, I think. :thinking: Just tried something new, some candy in my backpack, some in my roller carry on, now I am done, for now.
Don't forget sneakers in case you have to run from something...

Feb 12, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #734 of 884

Headphone.guru
HIFIMAN
Hi-Fi+
qobuz

64 Audio
ABYSS Headphones
Advanced
Astell&Kern
Audeze
Audio 46
Audio Plus Services
Audio-Technica
AudioValve
Auris Audio
Benchmark Media Systems
Beyerdynamic
Campfire Audio
Caprice Audio
Cardas Audio
Cayin Audio
Chord Electronics
Dekoni Audio
Earsonics
EarStudio
Effect Audio
Empire Ears
Focal
Final
FiiO
Grado
Headamp Audio Electronics
Hifiman
iFi Audio
InEar
Innuos
Jerry Harvey Audio
Jomo Audio
Lotoo
Labkable
Meze Audio
MrSpeakers
MusicTeck
Mytek
NAD
Nimbus
Noble Audio
oBravo
Project-Audio Systems
PSB
qdc
Redscape Audio
RHA
Rupert Neve Designs
Schiit Audio
SendyAudio
Sennheiser
Soekris
Sonarworks
Sony
SPL
STAX
Swan Song Audio
Ultrasone
Unique Melody
Violectric
Westone
Woo Audio
ZMF Headphones

with many more to come!
Surprised Shure isn't on the list...

Feb 12, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #735 of 884
Ugh, where is Sony at ?

Maybe they were bad so Ethan is making them stand outside.

Sony is in C6-C7. They did not make the Show Guide print cutoff. We'll be providing a handout at the Registration Desk with all of the Booth updates, Show Specials, and Seminars schedule.

Only a few days to go!!!

:L3000::L3000::L3000::L3000:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back