CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #796 of 1,071
Well your mind and ears (and likely budget) will be blown by a full-scale CanJam. They're really fun and a bit overwhelming. Be sure to look up some of us older-timers and we'll help provide some guidance if you're interested. Cheers and see you in a few days
There was still some great stuff at the meet I went to, Stax 009, which blew my mind then and kinda made everything else sound bad for the time after and the Empire Ears Olympus Lineup which I later got for review about a week after the meet up. I also got to meet Dan Clark of MrSpeakers while I was up in Pittsburgh over Christmas/Winter break visiting family and got to try my CIEMs (EE Spartan, my profile pic) on his AK 380. I look forward to meeting all of you and hope that the Sennheiser HE1 line isn't tooooo long.

Jan 29, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #797 of 1,071
To say that i'm stoked for NYC CanJam would be an understatement. Catch me and @Canyon Runner
 at the Empire Ears booth as we'll have the entire line available to audition. Dean will also be present to shoot impressions on the spot for those that desire customs. See you all soon!
Hey, Jack I'll finally get to meet you after pm'ing and texting you for like a year, wish I could have when I got my impressions done by Dean.:joy:

Jan 29, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #798 of 1,071
As CanJam's you can typically pre-register or just just show up, but the "day-of"/"at the door" pricing is incrementally higher (something like $5). Cheers and hope to see you there
Thanks for the clarification. I was just making sure I didn't have to pay anything beforehand. My calender was marked long ago. See you folks there.

Jan 30, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #799 of 1,071
We're super-excited to premier our latest creation, AEON!

AEON is a closed-back circumaural planar magnetic, all metal construction, a new driver, exceptionally comfortable, and only $799.99.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jan 30, 2017 at 1:00 AM Post #800 of 1,071

AEON is a closed-back circumaural planar magnetic, all metal construction, a new driver, exceptionally comfortable, and only $799.99.

The Aeon looks stunning. Fine Craftsmanship indeed.

Jan 30, 2017 at 5:08 AM Post #801 of 1,071

I like the design. It's sort of H.R. Giger-esque. I'll just go ahead and get this out of my system....

Jan 30, 2017 at 5:58 AM Post #802 of 1,071

I'm just wondering how long the line will be.

Jan 30, 2017 at 7:42 AM Post #803 of 1,071

One trick I learned from CanJam Singapore is: on Saturday, find the stuff you REALLY want to listen to, and go back for them on Sunday morning 
biggrin.gif
. Much more quiet, and less of a line, if any at all.

Can't wait for this one!

We solved that by setting up four listening stations...:)

Jan 30, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #804 of 1,071

NOTE:  If you can't see the embedded video above, please CLICK HERE to see the video.

Check out this sneak preview of just some of the things you can hear and see at CanJam NYC 2017, including some exclusive first reveals of exciting new products! Come join us on February 4-5, 2017 at the New York Marriott Marquis for CanJam NYC!

(We know, we know...this is a long one.)

CanJam NYC 2017 Preview and Sneak Peeks - Head-Fi TV produced by Joseph Cwik, Jude Mansilla, and Brian Murphy

I want to see an edit of this with all the normal words removed, where it's just you talking jargon, numbers and letters and confusing terms, like some malfunctioning robot.

Jan 30, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #808 of 1,071

Looks pretty sweet. 

Jan 30, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #810 of 1,071

I want to see an edit of this with all the normal words removed, where it's just you talking jargon, numbers and letters and confusing terms, like some malfunctioning robot.

Just watch the Sony section then.

I like the design. It's sort of H.R. Giger-esque. I'll just go ahead and get this out of my system....

Anthropomorphizing!  They don't have ear holes there, nub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back