CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #496 of 1,071
This will be my first CanJam and I'm curious, do most attendees walk around sporting their best portable rigs ?

Thanks very much to the organizers and the Sponsors.

Jan 10, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #497 of 1,071
This will be my first CanJam and I'm curious, do most attendees walk around sporting their best portable rigs ?

Thanks very much to the organizers and the Sponsors.

Most? In my experience, I would say no, but some carry around what they would want to compare or listen with. You can bring some headphones and/or IEMs to listen/compare, a DAP (or smartphone is fine to bring as well), but most importantly is to bring yourself, as most vendors will have a lot of gear for you to check out, even if you don't bring anything with you. For instance, If you'd like to listen to anything in my profile, let me know and I can bring it for you to listen.

Cheers

Jan 10, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #498 of 1,071
Most? In my experience, I would say no, but some carry around what they would want to compare or listen with. You can bring some headphones and/or IEMs to listen/compare, a DAP (or smartphone is fine to bring as well), but most importantly is to bring yourself, as most vendors will have a lot of gear for you to check out, even if you don't bring anything with you. For instance, If you'd like to listen to anything in my profile, let me know and I can bring it for you to listen.

Cheers

Thank you for taking the time to respond.
I understand that it's hardly the ideal environment for really listening and comparing but that's where i was leaning with my original question.

Jan 10, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #499 of 1,071
Great response Moe! Look forward to seeing you again in NYC. 

The other advice I'd have is don't be afraid to ask people questions or to introduce yourself. There a number of us older-dogs who are more than happy to help and guide people who are newer to the hobby and/or show scene. And generally this is a very friendly and open crowd. It's easy to be intimidated at your first show by the sheer volume of gear and seeing all the people who you read about on Head-Fi (Jude, Tyll, Moe, etc.), but just have fun and don't be afraid to try stuff and talk to people! 

Cheers and see you in NYC

Jan 11, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #501 of 1,071
Does anyone know if Onkyo would be there at the show? I mean they should coz they do have many good products. 

Jan 11, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #502 of 1,071
Is there a deadline to sign up online before it goes to paying at the door? I won't know if I am able to make it until a couple days before.

Also do vendors typically have their products for sale there?

Jan 11, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #503 of 1,071
  Is there a deadline to sign up online before it goes to paying at the door? I won't know if I am able to make it until a couple days before.

Also do vendors typically have their products for sale there?

There is no deadline and tickets can be purchased at the door either via cash or online via Eventbrite. Please note that tickets will increase by $5 at the door (and online on February 4). And yes, many exhibitors will be selling products at the show. We'll also be posting the full list of Show Specials and Promotions prior to CanJam NYC. 

Hope to see you there!

beerchug.gif

Jan 12, 2017 at 12:46 AM Post #508 of 1,071
This will be my first CanJam. I have the TH900, HE-6 and Utopia. Will I need to bring these or can I expect exhibitors to have these or other high end headphones to listen to?

Is there any 2-channel / non head-fi content at these?

Jan 12, 2017 at 1:41 AM Post #509 of 1,071
This will be my first CanJam. I have the TH900, HE-6 and Utopia. Will I need to bring these or can I expect exhibitors to have these or other high end headphones to listen to?

Is there any 2-channel / non head-fi content at these?

Welcome to Head-Fi!

A few vendors will have the Utopia, and a couple/few event-goers will probably have the TH900 with them. As for the HE-6...a person at CanJam London had a modified version, but they are a rare species at recent CanJams. You can bring all of your headphones, but I would advise either keeping one of the three on you (for example your favorite pair), or if you want to bring all of them, I PMed you a solution.

As for 2-channel content, usually at CanJams, no. However THX may have a pseudo/life-like awesome system to possibly marvel over.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back