CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 4, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #1,036 of 1,071
The Andromeda was so much better than I expected. Incredible detail and soundstage. Definitely getting a pair when B-stock becomes available. Was also pleasantly surprised by the Empire Ear Spartan IV. Was very similar/comparable to the Andromeda with a more intimate soundstage.

Feb 4, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #1,038 of 1,071
Feb 4, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #1,039 of 1,071
In the show environment with the lcd4c I hear very little difference between the v281 and v280.

Feb 4, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #1,041 of 1,071
The Andromeda was so much better than I expected. Incredible detail and soundstage. Definitely getting a pair when B-stock becomes available. Was also pleasantly surprised by the Empire Ear Spartan IV. Was very similar/comparable to the Andromeda with a more intimate soundstage.

I agree, the andromedas are very impressive, but I fell in love with the vegas. Omg! My favorite item there.

Feb 4, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #1,043 of 1,071
I love the Utopia as well. My 2 favorites Z1R/Utopia. Love them.

Any comparisons between Sony Z1R and Mr. Speakers new Aeon?
Z1R is almost 3x the price.... 
blink.gif

Feb 4, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #1,046 of 1,071
Thanks to the Head-Fi Global Team for putting CanJam NYC on!

This will be epic!

For those that would like to have some extra fun during CanJam NYC:

SPiN New York is a happening place where people can eat scrumptious food, play ping pong, and have a good time with friends!

SPiN New York is located at 48 East 23rd Street, New York, NY 10010, about 1.6 miles away from the CanJam NYC location, even closer than Bounce (Ping Pong establishment) was to CanJam London!

Here's a few festive pics of the facility (check this post for the pics):

http://www.head-fi.org/t/820039/canjam-nyc-2017-february-4-5-2017/15#post_12859358

Just like the last ping pong showdown, we can meet up starting at 7:30pm. I'll be paying for a table (each for an hour is $49). If there are a lot of people that arrive we can split the cost for another table.

Looking forward to seeing those that can make it, there!

Feb 4, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #1,047 of 1,071
  I tried them next and actually didn't like them that much. They lacked the clarity and soundstage IMO, but still fun to listen to. It comes down totally to taste I think.

I thought the detail was beautiful.  Wasn't dry or suffering the analytical or metallic tone BA's can have, though don't get me wrong I love BA's.

The andromedas definitely wow at first, but the vega warms up, though quickly I dare say.  They were so cohesive (a hallmark trait) with the one driver used, and normally Dynamics don't have enough detail to play with the BA's at that level, but I think the vega really did.  And that combo of cohesion and detail with excellent tuning and overall balance really made for a memorable musicality that surprised the he!! out of me.  Wasn't expecting a single driver to come through so ....dynamically lol.

Don't get me wrong, I want to own both of them for their own unique reasons, but vega was a big surprise this canjam and happy to put it on my wishlist.

Plus I don't like putting sharp edges into my ear like they make me with the andromeda. lol

Feb 4, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #1,048 of 1,071

Andromeda was nice but the jupiter and then the dorado stood out for me.

Feb 4, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #1,049 of 1,071

I thought the detail was beautiful.  Wasn't dry or suffering the analytical or metallic tone BA's can have, though don't get me wrong I love BA's.

The andromedas definitely wow at first, but the vega warms up, though quickly I dare say.  They were so cohesive (a hallmark trait) with the one driver used, and normally Dynamics don't have enough detail to play with the BA's at that level, but I think the vega really did.  And that combo of cohesion and detail with excellent tuning and overall balance really made for a memorable musicality that surprised the he!! out of me.  Wasn't expecting a single driver to come through so ....dynamically lol.

Don't get me wrong, I want to own both of them for their own unique reasons, but vega was a big surprise this canjam and happy to put it on my wishlist.

Plus I don't like putting sharp edges into my ear like they make me with the andromeda. lol

Agree 100%. Ask the very helpful guys from campfire to give you their broken in Vega for audition and then you can do a proper comparison to the andro. The broken in Vega is very resolving yet has a musicality that puts it in a different league after the low end settles. I got one then and there. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back