CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #751 of 1,071
Since headfi-ers are music lovers, why not go see some live music? NYC is particularly known for being the hub of the world for jazz musicians. Particularly younger, yet undiscovered, great artists.

I'm sure some of us do but most have busy lifestyle and strictly work schedule to pay off all the expenses living here that's why high-end audio devices are more easy for us to approach the music. They key word here is "Time".

Jan 28, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #752 of 1,071
Time is indeed rough to manage, but a bit of live music here and there is a great recharge imo.

Jan 28, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #753 of 1,071
Since headfi-ers are music lovers, why not go see some live music? NYC is particularly known for being the hub of the world for jazz musicians. Particularly younger, yet undiscovered, great artists.

Because we would rather listen to the recording later, so we can argue about which headphones and IEMs best reproduce the soundstage of the live show. 
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 28, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #754 of 1,071

Because we would rather listen to the recording later, so we can argue about which headphones and IEMs best reproduce the soundstage of the live show. 
tongue_smile.gif

LOL touche'...

Ahhh....if I could put time in a bottle....

Oh wait...someone else wrote that line...my bad...lol

(Jim Croce)

Jan 28, 2017 at 9:58 PM Post #755 of 1,071
(been to lots of live shows that sound nowhere as good as my rigs at home, but I still love going to hear live music...)

Jan 29, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #758 of 1,071
The forecast looks like it will be at freezing or below freezing during the upcoming CanJam weekend, which means jacket shopping today at REI!

Does anyone (who lives in freezing cold temperatures) have any suggestions on a really warm jacket that's waterproof/weather resistant as well? Preferably a jacket that can be purchased at REI or is similar to a jacket that can be purchased at REI would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Jan 29, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #759 of 1,071
Oh, and if anyone has any IEM/headphone, etc. requests, I'll bring along any item that's requested (currently shown in my profile). :beerchug:

Jan 29, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #760 of 1,071
The forecast looks like it will be at freezing or below freezing during the upcoming CanJam weekend, which means jacket shopping today at REI!

Does anyone (who lives in freezing cold temperatures) have any suggestions on a really warm jacket that's waterproof/weather resistant as well? Preferably a jacket that can be purchased at REI or is similar to a jacket that can be purchased at REI would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Definitely, tough to let you know of a specific model though since I'm not sure what your stylistic preferences are or your size, but I'd check out

www.evo.com

I snowboard and it's where I get most of my gear from, they always have a sale or two (plus an outlet section).

If you'd rather pick up at the REI store in glad to help you pick one out.

Edit: as a rule if thumb, jackets that have Gore Tex insulation tend to be the most waterproof and warmest ones. Should be plenty of options there

Jan 29, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #761 of 1,071
Definitely, tough to let you know of a specific model though since I'm not sure what your stylistic preferences are or your size, but I'd check out

www.evo.com

I snowboard and it's where I get most of my gear from, they always have a sale or two (plus an outlet section).

If you'd rather pick up at the REI store in glad to help you pick one out.

More about what do you personally use that you like the most, since you have experience with being in the cold/extreme cold - then I can check out the jacket(s) at my local REI.

Thanks for the link!

Jan 29, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #762 of 1,071
More about what do you personally use that you like the most, since you have experience with being in the cold/extreme cold - then I can check out the jacket(s) at my local REI.

Thanks for the link!

Gotcha, in that case yeah I don't wear my snowboard or ski jacket in the city as they may be overkill being bulkier than usual, so maybe something like this:

https://www.rei.com/product/103389/the-north-face-thermoball-triclimate-3-in-1-jacket-mens

That way you wear all three jacket layers when it's crazy cold or can use the inner laters on their own in more moderate temps.

Jan 29, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #763 of 1,071
Gotcha, in that case yeah I don't wear my snowboard or ski jacket in the city as they may be overkill being bulkier than usual, so maybe something like this:

https://www.rei.com/product/103389/the-north-face-thermoball-triclimate-3-in-1-jacket-mens

That way you wear all three jacket layers when it's crazy cold or can use the inner laters on their own in more moderate temps.

Yeah. It's going to be pretty cold next weekend. Those going to Can Jam next weekend. Make sure to bundle up. I'm still keeping an eye on any weather anomalies. So far everything looks good.

Jan 29, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #764 of 1,071
Oh, and if anyone has any IEM/headphone, etc. requests, I'll bring along any item that's requested (currently shown in my profile).
beerchug.gif

Thanks for offering - that's quite a list! I'd love to check out the JH Laylas, if they're universal fit. 

Jan 29, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #765 of 1,071

Thanks for the link! The 3 in 1 jacket is 2 layers, not 3. You can wear the 2 layers 3 ways, hence the 3 in 1 jacket title/category/feature.

Thanks for offering - that's quite a list! I'd love to check out the JH Laylas, if they're universal fit. 

The JH Layla that I own is custom, unfortunately. It's tough to find a universal that sounds similar to the Layla, but I'll have one for you (that I think sounds a bit like the Layla) to check out that I should have in tow by the time CanJam starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back