CanJam London 2024 (July 20-21, 2024)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 10, 2024 at 7:09 PM Post #106 of 376
Guys i have a question. I’ll be traveling overseas to attend CanJam London. I have few headphones and kilobuck dac amps and willing to trade them for gear i like on show. Does sellers in shows provide such opportunuties? Because i literally have no community in my country to even sell hi-fi equipment.
You may be able to trade your headphones/gear to retailers such as Hifonix who will be attending the show.

Jun 11, 2024 at 3:03 AM Post #107 of 376
I'm really hoping to be able to go again this year. If I can go then I might even go up both days this time, seeing as last year was so good, and it only comes around once a year.

A long winded question if I may?, where all advice and opinions would be appreciated.

I'm not an office bod, so consequently don't have a desktop at home or at work. I only use DAP's for headphone listening at home (quite happy now with mostly tws and phone outdoors), so I've never owned a headphone amp as I haven't really felt the need for one.

I'll be taking my ibasso dx300 up with me again, but this time I think I'm going to have a play around with the mini coaxial cable that I've never used before. What starting price point do you think I'd need to be looking at in Amps to 'better' the sound quality I'm already getting from my dx300 via the 4.4mm balanced? Also, any suggestions on makes and models?

I won't be buying an Amp, as likely this years budget will be fully used up on a set of ZMF Bokehs, if they still match up to my memory of them last year. However, it would be nice to hear some Amps, especially tube Amps, and even crazy stuff way out of my price range.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Personally you'd get more getting the dx320 or an NP audio modded amp module for your dx300

Jun 11, 2024 at 4:50 AM Post #108 of 376
Accommodation booked - I'll be there both days covering it for HiFi PiG.

Do stop me and say hello, here's my mug shot from last year (thanks to HEDD for the photo) - I'm Oscar.

369174992_307056555162850_8284903512905214323_n.jpg

Jun 11, 2024 at 5:28 AM Post #110 of 376
Personally you'd get more getting the dx320 or an NP audio modded amp module for your dx300
This is encouraging to hear as I'm convinced that I really don't need an Amp at all, and my money is much much better spent on saving for my 'end game' headphone, the Meze Elite :L3000:

I'd given some brief thought to playing with a different amp module, although again, it's really only a curiosity thing as I love my dx300 as is. I never realised NP Audio modded just amp modules as well though, so that's very interesting to hear, thanks 👍🏼

Regarding the dx320. Going up the ibasso ladder in the future is certainly an option, although if and when the time comes for an upgrade then I'm also very interested/curious in Cayin hybrid DAP's too.

Jun 13, 2024 at 9:27 PM Post #115 of 376
Weekend ticket bought. Went two years ago and really enjoyed it. I've learned so much more since then about headphone systems, so I'm really looking forward to this show!

Opening time says 10am. Is there likely to be a queue to get in? Best time to arrive?
While this is my first CanJam London it is my 15th CanJam and yes there will be a queue but it isn’t a long wait and I tend to strick up conversations while waiting with other like minded individuals and a couple have become dear friends. We all are here for the same reason.

Jun 14, 2024 at 2:41 AM Post #116 of 376
While this is my first CanJam London it is my 15th CanJam and yes there will be a queue but it isn’t a long wait and I tend to strick up conversations while waiting with other like minded individuals and a couple have become dear friends. We all are here for the same reason.
Thanks for your reply. I'll try and get there about 9.30am then. 👍

Jun 14, 2024 at 6:33 AM Post #117 of 376
Advanced train tickets booked, and I'm all in for the both days this year. I'm really excited! :gs1000smile:

Can't wait to listen to some of what I heard last year, to see if my memory of them still stacks up, but also looking forward to hearing a couple of new comers, paticularly the DCA E3 and the Meze Empyrean 2.
If I get through plenty on Saturday then I might even dip into some iem's on Sunday if I have some time left.

Jun 15, 2024 at 7:18 AM Post #118 of 376
I have gone for a weekend pass this time 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back