CanJam London 2022 Impressions Thread (July 30-31, 2022)
Jul 30, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #46 of 348
I'll add it to my squig link on Monday but here's the frequency response for the Campfire Audio Trifecta:

Trifecta.jpg

I haven't heard the Supermoon yet but this is definitely the best Campfire Audio IEM I've ever listened to.

Jul 30, 2022 at 5:45 PM Post #47 of 348
This was my first CanJam and such a fun day! I've been in the hobby about a year and this was a great opportunity to listen to some high end gear for the first time.
LCD-X + Hugo2 was a highlight because it's a combo that is within budget.

Really enjoyed Stellia, U12t and LCD-5, while Susvara from the Lina stack gave the most "natural" sound from anything I heard.
For some reason, Utopia didn't do it for me although I have Clear and enjoy it very much.

I got the chance to listen to the LCD-5 from two different stacks: Burson Conductor + Holo Audio May and Chord TT2 + M Scaler.
The Burson / May set up was distinctly better to my ears, more open and natural if that makes sense.

All in all a really cool experience, many thanks to everyone who helped bring it together.

Mods, I would love a badge if you're still giving them away!

Jul 30, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #49 of 348
ayy issa me

I gotta point out a dark horse which not as many people paid attention to as I expected- the inear prophile8! I tried a few various iems and am still remembering this one vivdly, it gave me my first 'wow' moment in a while, and completely destroyed my negative presumptions about ba bass (the bass on the thieaudio v16 was unbelievable too even though it was ba, I'm yet to demo 64 audio's sets yet though)

The only sets I weren't so impressed by were the fir audio offering (gold kinetic driver model)
Similar thoughts to you I believe as I also found the PP8 to be among the better IEMs. If you are yet to try 64 Audio, I strongly recommend the U12T and U18T. Following a few previous demos of various IEMs I went to this show with the U12T being my personal benchmark, and thankfully managed to start my day off refreshing my memory with it first before trying everything else.

If you liked the PP8, I would like to put forward the following models as worthy competition (to my ears):

64 Audio - U12T & U18T
Vision Ears - VE8 & EXT
ThieAudio - Monarch ii & V16
LETSHUOER - EJ07 & EJ09
FIR - KR5
Symphonium - Helios

I did not manage to complete the circuit, despite being there for the full day, so I will use my weekend ticket and return tomorrow.

What switch settings did you prefer on the PP8?

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2022 at 6:31 PM Post #50 of 348
Wow, my first ever Canjam and what an experience it was!

Fell in love with the Kublai Khan. Those bone conducting drivers are superb.
To be honest, the Kublai Khan were not my cup of tea. I didn't like the highs. The Sultan came closer to my taste.
Big surprise for me so far was the LETSHUOER EJ07M
Same for me! But also the S12. Damn impressive for that price. Loved the tuning on everything that I heard from Letshuoer. Also very kind representative.
Listened to those amazing Spirit Torinos - just beautiful.
The guys of Spirit Torino were also amazing. One of them even let me listen to a binaural recording of him with his own choir. After that he told us about the meaning of what they were singing. Their gear also sound amazing. Truly special experience.
lcd-x and lcd-xc (better than lcd-5 imho)
I got the chance to listen to the LCD-5 from two different stacks: Burson Conductor + Holo Audio May and Chord TT2 + M Scaler.
Also loved the LCD-X. Somehow today was the first day I got to listen to them. Tempted to add them to my collection.

I liked the LCD-5 the best on the Cayin tube amp that Hifonix had, but also on the Burson Conductor 3X GT. Gave the LCD-5 just some much needed warmth, at least for my liking. Also I liked the new MM500 more than the LCD-5.

My personal highlight of the show was the Jomo Audio GT600. Such a balanced sound, nice low end, but also so much air and sparkly non fatuiging top end. The only IEM I would consider for an IEM-upgrade.

Edit: special shoutout to Vision Ears. Liked their stuff and their guy was really friendly too!

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2022 at 6:48 PM Post #51 of 348
I spent some time at the xMEMS stand, which is a technology display for their transducers, not end-products. I was expecting weak bass and muddy imaging, but was instead surprised by the clean sound not unlike Etymotics. Definitely a company to follow.

Must… resist… the… lure… of the… specials on the Focal Utopia.

Update: I failed to resist.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2022 at 6:49 PM Post #52 of 348
I’m bringing the Sennheisers tomorrow...
Sorry to derail but what case are you using for your HD800S? Even though mine are permanently at home for Dolby Atmos duties I would like to stop using the original box to store them in... 😅

Jul 30, 2022 at 7:08 PM Post #55 of 348
To be honest, the Kublai Khan were not my cup of tea. I didn't like the highs. The Sultan came closer to my taste.

My personal highlight of the show was the Jomo Audio GT600. Such a balanced sound, nice low end, but also so much air and sparkly non fatuiging top end. The only IEM I would consider for an IEM-upgrade.
I’m the same as you with the Kublai Khan. I much preferred the Sultan as it gels more with my preferences.

I was the complete opposite though with the GT600. This was my least favourite of every IEM that I tried today. I just wasn’t a fan of how it presented its sound.

Jul 30, 2022 at 7:15 PM Post #56 of 348
I’m the same as you with the Kublai Khan. I much preferred the Sultan as it gels more with my preferences.

I was the complete opposite though with the GT600. This was my least favourite of every IEM that I tried today. I just wasn’t a fan of how it presented its sound.
Heh, funny how that works. Lucky for us, there is plenty of choice out there!

Jul 30, 2022 at 7:21 PM Post #57 of 348
Heh, funny how that works. Lucky for us, there is plenty of choice out there!
Exactly! We all hear things differently and have preferences that stem from all sorts of reference points. We are lucky in this hobby that there is so much choice and variation to keep us all happy!

Jul 30, 2022 at 8:36 PM Post #60 of 348
I don’t know why but I didn’t expect the Supermoon to be quite as good as it was. It grew on me the more I listened to it though. I loved the bass on that thing. It was a demo universal and I found that I had to hold the IEMs close into my ears to get the best sound. I presume though that a custom fit would take care of that issue. I found that it needed a really good seal to get the best sound out of these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back