CanJam London 2019 (July 27-28, 2019)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 25, 2019 at 6:36 AM Post #211 of 253
My other half is from Brum, so I occasionally pop up with her to see her family. So if you ever decide to do that, find a venue, make a thread and let me know.

Done - I'm south of the city, Moseley, so plenty of nice pubs to choose from.

Jul 25, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #212 of 253
I used to live in Brixton for 22 years and now live 24 miles away in Kent and have to say as I still work in London and commute by train I often see people using good earphones/headphones. They are just outnumbered by the earpod brigade

Jul 25, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #214 of 253
I did wonder if this was a reason but I think the answer below sounds more likely.

I suspect you are probably right, I said it mainly for jest really, if we can't have a laugh about what is going on we are doomed lol...

What you mean, Beats? Argh! I've gone and said it.

Nooo... You said it... Melting... MELLLTTTINNGG... Due to the heat clearly :beerchug:

Jul 25, 2019 at 7:57 AM Post #215 of 253
Well Sennheiser have been absent for a couple of years now. There is obviously a reason for that business decision.

Done - I'm south of the city, Moseley, so plenty of nice pubs to choose from.
Sounds like something good coming out of a slightly negative discussion!:)

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #218 of 253
Dare I mention the B word? I don't mean our new illustrious leader Bumble Johnson either... :deadhorse:

*flees before political debates ensue.
I heard this is the main reason why they have postponed the Festival of Sound Show (London) to next year. Too few manufacturers willing to commit a budget to the show with the current uncertainty.

Jul 25, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #221 of 253
I thought CanJam was more Commercial Event.. But I stand corrected if not.. It'll be my first to know what its all about.
Sorry if my wording mislead you. CanJam is a VERY commercial event.

Jul 25, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #222 of 253
I'd say CanJam is both a commercial AND a fan-based event. Representatives from both are there, and indeed you couldn't have one without the other :)
Head-Fi member @moedawg140 has often come over from the USA and set up a whole desk to let people sample his vast IEM collection. Generally, lots of regular Head-Fi attendees let each other listen to their gear.

In terms of being commercial it's a great chance to go and demo a lot of gear (for the price of a ticket!) that otherwise in the UK I'd have little to no access to, as well as meeting the real personalities behind that gear.
Compared to some events I've attended (e.g. Property events), there's remarkably little 'sales' pushing, just a bunch of like-minded hobbyists (some of whom have started their own businesses) getting together and having a blast.
The occasional negative point is refreshingly rare, and I've had a great time every time I've attended!

Hope this helps for anyone attending for the first time, or still on the fence about doing so! :)

Jul 25, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #223 of 253
I'd say CanJam is both a commercial AND a fan-based event. Representatives from both are there, and indeed you couldn't have one without the other :)
Head-Fi member @moedawg140 has often come over from the USA and set up a whole desk to let people sample his vast IEM collection. Generally, lots of regular Head-Fi attendees let each other listen to their gear.

In terms of being commercial it's a great chance to go and demo a lot of gear (for the price of a ticket!) that otherwise in the UK I'd have little to no access to, as well as meeting the real personalities behind that gear.
Compared to some events I've attended (e.g. Property events), there's remarkably little 'sales' pushing, just a bunch of like-minded hobbyists (some of whom have started their own businesses) getting together and having a blast.
The occasional negative point is refreshingly rare, and I've had a great time every time I've attended!

Hope this helps for anyone attending for the first time, or still on the fence about doing so! :)
Hey @Layman1 - it was nice seeing you and the other wonderful members in and around London! With CanJam London, you’ve got the best of all worlds; fan friendly, commercial, and just all-around fun! Looking forward to attending London for a forth time hopefully next year, and possibly check out Scotland as well during the trip!

Those who are attending this year, hope you all have lots of fun!

Jul 25, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #224 of 253
Here's the current list of Show Specials.....we'll continue to update this and will provide the full list at the Registration Desk next weekend!

64 Audio

20% off all Universal and Custom fit earphones
64 Audio is giving away any universal-fit or custom in-ear monitor. Visit our booth to enter. Winner will be announced around 3pm the final day of the show. Must be present to win.
Astell+Kern
10% off
Audeze
10% off
InEar
Visit booth to enter a raffle for a special StageDiver 5 Union Jack Edition
Noble Audio
20% off all Universal IEMs, including the Khan
oBravo
oBravo Cupid - Usual Price £249 / CanJam Price £225
Qobuz
Free 1 month trial to Qobuz Studio along with one free 24-bit album download. Visit booth for more details.
Vision Ears
15% off for VE custom earphones (VE2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 6XC, 8, Elysium)
Warwick Acoustics
25% off the Sonoma Model One (for show attendees only, visit booth for more details)
Westone
20% off Universal IEMs
Visit booth to enter a raffle to win a W80
Woo Audio
10% off on Woo Audio show demo units
ZMFheadphones
Visit booth for special pricing on all models

Any info about Empire Ears?

Jul 25, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #225 of 253
Just arrived back from the DCs event at Spiritland.......maybe I’m used to low lent gigs but that was impressive! the bar was free and the canapés were plentiful. What more could you ask for? Top end headphones and classy electronics? interesting people to chat to? Check, all of the above!!........Steve Smith from DCs was welcoming as MC and his equipment was sublime. Great start to the London weekend. It bodes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back