CanJam London 2019 (July 27-28, 2019)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 27, 2019 at 4:21 AM Post #241 of 253
I was walking through CanJam London 2019 during setup day (Friday), and came upon this:

Warwick Acoustics is exhibiting their new APERIO, which is their new flagship electrostatic headphone system. Warwick wanted to exhibit in the main CanJam exhibit hall, yet keep ambient noise to a minimum, to help showcase the resolving ability of their new APERIO system. To do this, Warwick Acoustics brought an acoustic isolation pod to CanJam London (built by a company called Framery) that has solid walls and a roof made of a sandwich of sheet metal, birch plywood, recycled acoustic foam and acoustic felt. The glass windows are made of a thick sound-control laminated glass. This listening pod also has an active ventilation system that keeps the air inside fresh and cool.

They were still setting up, so I haven't yet had a chance to listen to the APERIO. I did, however, get to go inside Warwick's acoustic isolation pod, and I was very impressed with the level of acoustic isolation it provides. I was watching people outside the pod in the lounge area talking, but not hearing them. I asked a couple of the guys to yell from the outside, and the pod did an excellent job, the yells smothered to muted, faint utterances inside. I can't wait to hear what it's like in there when the show's in full swing later this morning. Here are some other photos:

I'm glad my first audition of the Warwick Acoustics APERIO will be in the confines of that pod, as I'm excited to hear what it's capable of. I know Warwick Acoustics put a lot of effort into the APERIO, including the use of extensive audio test and measurement through the system's development. For more information on the new APERIO, click here for the APERIO page on Warwick Acoustic's website.

Any chance of having that pod installed where I work? Would probably end up cheaper than headphones in the end :p

Jul 27, 2019 at 5:24 AM Post #244 of 253
CanJam London 2019 is open! Impressions thread here:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/canjam-london-2019-impressions-thread.911785/

IMG_20190727_095921.jpg

Jul 27, 2019 at 5:50 AM Post #246 of 253
Leaving Southend for Waterloo now, after 5k Parkrun in rain :)

Jul 27, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #250 of 253
The seminar titled "The Move to Mass Premium: In Numbers" is starting at 1 p.m.

New products from the likes of professional and traditional audio brands to tech titans are all entering the premium headphones market which almost doubled in size at 90% in 2018 to be a $7bn category. The future potential for this category remains just as bright with new competition driving innovation in lossless audio, new form factors, wireless features, external amplifiers, sensors, voice control and other smart features. In this presentation Futuresource, a key strategic partner for the most recognised brands within audio, will dissect the Premium Headphones market in numbers, and explore its potential moving forward.

If you've wondered what the size of our market is like, and what the future holds, this is a seminar you do not want to miss. This kind of information and data is not easy to find, so this is a rare glimpse into market data for our space we don't normally see.

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #251 of 253
The seminar titled "DAC Design - Part 1: Interpolation Filters" is starting at 2:30 p.m.

Chord Electronics Lead Designer, Rob Watts, talks about interpolation filters, which are at the heart of all DACs, and why they are crucial subjectively. Rob will also explain what a tap is, and discusses the importance of transients from a perception point of view.

We talk a lot about taps on the forums, and many of us are in pursuit of as many taps as we can get. But what are taps? This is just one of the many topics Rob will cover in the first part of his two-part DAC Design seminars.

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #252 of 253
The seminar titled "Targets & Measurements" is starting at 4 p.m.

Join legendary headphone designer Axel Grell as he looks to ask questions and make proposals for answers regarding perceived sound and measured data. What is the target for the sound of a headphone? What influences the perceived sound? How can sound be measured? What does a universal target curve look like? These and other questions will formulate the basis for conclusions on how data might be put together in the future to get a more clear idea of how a headphone might sound.

Axel Grell is the man behind so many headphones this community holds dear, including the HD600 and HD650, the HD800, and HD800S, and many more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back