CanJam London 2018 Impressions Thread (July 21-22, 2018)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 22, 2018 at 7:31 PM Post #106 of 186
My first can jam. Was quite overwhelming hearing so many of the headphones I've only read of in such a short time. (Sadly didn't have time for more than 3-4 hours on Sunday.)

Shangri La senior was amazing, jeeesh electrostatics are another planet aren't they? So was the dave. And effect audio janus cables -- really fantastic stuff, both of them. Fourte was not as good as U18. Atlas sounded surprisingly awesome.

Nice people, nice passion in the room. Nice conversations. Really beginning to feel part of this hobby now. Hope to stay longer next year.

Jul 22, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #107 of 186
Visited CanJam Saturday and have now had time to jot down some thoughts. As I only had the one day, I had to prioritise and this meant missing out on Sonoma, Abyss & Shangri-La Jr. Apologies for the long post (there is a TLDR at the end) and no photos but other attendees seem to have this covered.

Firstly, however, I would like to thank Head-Fi, all the exhibitors and their representatives for making the event what it is. Without their organisation and enthusiasm, we would not get to hear such a diverse range of equipment.

I was slightly surprised by how quiet it was on Saturday and the buzz of two years ago seemed to be missing for some reason. I don’t know whether the attendance was better on Sunday but it is important that these events are supported, otherwise the exhibitors might decide to pass, notable absences this year being Noble and Sennheiser.

The exhibitors I met were enthusiastic, very knowledgeable about their products and willing to answer questions with boundless patience!

The standout combination for me was a pre-production Meze Empyrean fed by Questyle’s Golden Stack from a MacBook Pro streaming Tidal. This I could have listened to all day and night, it sounded so musical, so right and they were incredibly comfortable, thanks to the clever dual headband which spread the weight over the top of your head. There was another pair of pre-production Empyreans fed by Chord’s Dave and again a MacBook Pro streaming Tidal, which also sounded extremely good but the Questyle/Meze combination did it for me. As they were in the Plaza Suites away from the main area, it was relatively quiet and I was able to chat to Raluca, their Global Brand Manager. She told me that they were originally planning to release the Empyrean as a limited edition, priced around £4k but, thanks to the positive response and interest they had generated, they were now hoping to scale up production for a general release at, or around, £3k later this year.

Other highlights included Focal’s stand, where I was able to listen to their Clear and Utopia headphones, the latter fed from, if I remember correctly, a Bricasti M12, itself around £15k. Definite improvement in pace, rhythm and timing but impossible to say whether this was due to the headphones, the DAC or both. Next up was Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Closed and Ether Flow Closed, this fed from a MacBook Pro streaming Tidal and Schiit Jotunheim serving as DAC/amp. I really liked the sound of these headphones and could live happily with either, finding my feet tapping along happily to the music! Shout out to the Jotunheim, which is incredible value considering it drove the £1.7k Ethers with headroom to spare.

I was pleasantly surprised by the new Audeze LCD2 Closed headphones, which had a lovely tight bass line but not overpowering, with smooth mids and highs. They partnered well with both AK70ii and Chord Hugo 2. I think they have got another winner, to my mind being more controlled than the EL8 which I found had wallowy bass at times.

Oh yes, I went to CanJam looking for a new pair of IEM’s :ksc75smile: This spell of hot weather has made wearing headphones a little uncomfortable for me, so needed a pair to use at home. The usual suspects were demo-ed; Campfire Comet, Orion & Andromeda which I found detailed with emphasis on the mids and highs, Vision Ears V8’s which I liked, tight bass but still detailed, smooth mids and highs more of a warm signature and Jerry Harvey JH13 and Roxanne. These were more my sound and, thanks to Paul from Custom IEM Co, found the perfect fit too. The bass could also be tailored, left and right channels independently and I opted for a little accentuation in the bass which gave a beautifully musical presentation. My only regret was that I couldn’t enter the Roxanne giveaway as I wouldn’t be attending on the Sunday!

I also listened to Final’s E5000 and FI-BA-SS earphones but they were too clinical for my taste. Who knew I was such a bass head!

At the AMP3 stand, I met Chris who demonstrated the prototype Cayin N8. What a beautiful beast of a DAP! Substantial and solid case, warm tube sound with an abundance of detail. It will be the perfect match for brighter earphones and headphones. There was a slight delay when selecting folders but this will be fixed in the production model when it is released in the autumn. I want one! (Edit - text deleted).

Thanks to Tekzone, I got to listen to both Shure SE846 and Sennheiser IE800s despite both companies not having a presence at the show that day. My preference was for the IE800’s over the Shure, mainly because they had more meaty lows, smooth mids and perfect highs - not too sharp, not too rolled off.

So, which of all these did I prefer? The JH Roxanne for sure although it is a little out of my reach but……………………… the AKG N5005 won me over. Their representative was incredibly patient and I was able to spend quite some time listening to them, although I needed the Comply tips to get the best seal. Almost the perfect sound signature with the reference filters - and no wonder, given the R&D Harman have invested in achieving the ideal target response curve. That said, and this is being overly critical, the highs were a little too sharp for my tastes at times and I feel that the bass boost filter would just take the edge off a little.

TLDR

If you get the chance, beg, borrow or blag a listening session with any of the following: Meze Empyrean, Questyle Golden Stack, Cayin N8, Jerry Harvey Audio Roxanne, AKG N5005, Focal Clear, Mr Speakers Ether Flow Closed and Audeze LCD 2Closed. And Tidal. Your ears will thank you, although your wallet won’t! :o2smile:

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2018 at 2:12 AM Post #109 of 186
Thanks to the organisers for putting on the show in such a comfortable venue which coped with the hot weather very well. Thank you to all exhibitors who go to great trouble to bring their gear for us. In this vein a special thanks to Electromod, MrSpeakers, Headamp and Sonoma for putting such resources in to showing their products. The use of the suites provided excellent and comfortable listening opportunities. It was a good opportunity to meet up with a couple of other head-fiers too.

It was a pleasure to meet Dan Clark (MrS) and Peter from Headamp in one suite and Mike Grant of Sonoma next door. These were what I was most interested in and the visit did prove very useful indeed.

I am most attracted to electrostatic headphone systems and for me the Voce on a good amplifier is the most engaging and musically realistic. The fact that it is at something like real world pricing also helps. The arrival of quite a few alternatives in high-end headphones makes the choice more interesting so I welcome the arrival of the Sonoma which offers another high quality experience which seemed to combine some great musical results with a stylish and compact unit.

I would like to say more about these in another post after a longer period of listening.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2018 at 2:43 AM Post #110 of 186
I was pleasantly surprised by the new Audeze LCD2 Closed headphones, which had a lovely tight bass line but not overpowering, with smooth mids and highs. They partnered well with both AK70ii and Chord Hugo 2. I think they have got another winner, to my mind being more controlled than the EL8 which I found had wallowy bass at times.

Thanks to Tekzone, I got to listen to both Shure SE846 and Sennheiser IE800s despite both companies not having a presence at the show that day. My preference was for the IE800’s over the Shure, mainly because they had more meaty lows, smooth mids and perfect highs - not too sharp, not too rolled off.

Would have loved to listen to these three but missed them completely. :frowning2:

Jul 23, 2018 at 3:44 AM Post #111 of 186
This was a really good CanJam for me! I had a chance to listen to most of what I hoped to, and so much of it was really great. I'll try to give impressions on things others haven't covered so much:

Statement of personal taste: I'm on the neutrality side of things. Of the things I own, my current "reference" sound is Etymotic ER4-SR. In full-sized, my main/preferred cans are AKG 702, and AKG K550 when corrected with Sonarworks' True-Fi.

In no particular order:

Audeze Mobius

I had some listening time on both the music rig and the cinema rig. What you're hearing from all other reviewers is true: these are really super good in both settings. A few things I didn't know before I tried them:

Music with head tracking: changes the sound signature from a "yep, I'm wearing good headphones" experience to more of a speakers-in-a-room experience. Really cool! And really well-done and good-sounding. For some material I might choose one, for some the other.

Weight and comfort: they aren't particularly light, but they are completely comfortable. Nooo problem.

Noise isolation: these are closed, but they're not noise canceling nor super isolating. When the CanJam hall was pretty empty they were fine, but when I listened later at a busier time, I really did have to turn up the volume.

My opinion: Mobius is good enough for music that it deserves to be the default choice for someone starting out who wants a really good "first headphone" in this price range. It sounds very good and doesn't require amps, DACs, or dongles. Just as a headphone it delivers so much value at its price point that you can think of head tracking mode, gaming, headset, and cinema as amazing value-adds that you get for free. Awesome. But sadly not enough isolation for me to recommend them in an open-office (or coworking space) setting.

Periodic Audio

I just love the Periodic offerings. I own the Mg and Be, and they're in very regular rotation. At the show I got to listen to the Ti, which is a lot of fun, and the new, not yet available C, about which more in a second.

But here's the thing: my preferred sound signature is a nice flat close-to-reference curve, as exemplified by my love for Etymotics. (Most of them; I actually don't like the reference-ish but bass-lifted ER-4P or ER4-XR. That's how much of a reference-head I am.) And Periodic makes kinda bassy earphones. But I love them! As much oomph as they have down low, they still have fantastic clarity and nothing missing all through the spectrum.

So Periodic makes kinda bassy earphones that even an Ety-head can love. And they are super affordable, especially the $100 Mg which is the one I most often turn to anyway. This makes Periodic Mg the earphone I always recommend to coworkers and friends who want an upgrade from whatever cheap thing they have, and to whom a few hundred bucks is too much. You absolutely can't go wrong with it. It has the fun, and it has the clarity, and it doesn't cost a lot, and it has a 5-year warranty which includes cable problems. Awesome. (And even awesomer if you go to Periodic's site and buy a "Blemished" version at a reduced price. My Mg and Be are both Blemished, and it took reading glasses and a really strong light before I could even find anything that might have been the blemish. Your blemish may vary, of course.)

Back to the new unit, Periodic Audio C for Carbon. Dan encouraged me to listen to it before he told me anything about it, and I did. Friends, this earphone is like sinking into a big soft leather armchair that is so soft and comfortable that all the tension leaves your body and you just don't want to move. Layers and layers of smooth clean bass, again without sacrificing mids or any clarity up top, but the bass really dominates.

So what is it? For this earphone's diaphragm, Dan has grown a layer of industrial diamond on a light substrate. It's incredibly rigid, so it approaches ideal pistonic motion with less of the flexing you see in other materials. But this diaphragm has more mass than in Periodic's other drivers, and it resonates longer — the driver doesn't come to a stop as quickly when the signal stops. So you get a little bit of extra sustain on those low, long-excursion bass notes, and it's a little like being in a big room whose acoustics make all the low notes extra luscious.

Bassy and smooth, the C is so very, very much not my regular preferred sound — yet I kept coming back for more. I'm going to wind up buying one of these.

Meze Rai Penta

This is really good! I wasn't really getting an ideal fit, but I was really impressed. To me, there was just nothing missing or wrong-sounding in the presentation, and for my tastes that's pretty rare until you get up into silly money and/or numbers of drivers. What surprised me was how differently it was tuned from the Classic, which doesn't have the treble extension I like. Rai Penta does, and is good everywhere else too.

HifiMan Sundara

This is just superb. Sounds fantastic, top to bottom. Everything in its place, nothing is too prominent or too strident, and nothing is too rolled off. I loved it. They've absolutely nailed comfort. Looks great too. Yes, you can pay more and get more, but everything I heard from these made me feel I didn't need more. What a headphone.

I would have liked to compare the new Ananda, but it was always busy.

Stealth Sonics

These are people to watch! I agree with all the good things @Skywatcher said earlier, so I won't bother to repeat them. (But it's very clear that they are very serious about doing the science quite meticulously, and the sonic results are impressive.)

I'll add that I was particularly interested in their customs, and what they had to say about them: they are all built to a second-bend impression, which a) lets them bypass some resonances between the first and second bends, and b) lets them customise the tuning to the individual's own anatomy since they know pretty well what the chamber size will be between that second bend and the eardrum. I really wanted to take advantage of the show special and order some customs then and there. But even though Stealth's prices are very very reasonable compared to many of the high-end customs these days, I'm just not making those expenditures right now. But I'll be thinking about it between now and CanJam next year.

Schiit Lyr 3 with Multibit DAC

Sooo sweet sounding, and very very clean and clear. If I were starting a new desktop system from scratch on a $1300 budget, I'd choose Sundara + Lyr 3 Multibit and boom, all done.

Shanling M0

A surprisingly good micro-DAP at the size and at the price. I found it very satisfactory with the various IEMs I had in my pockets. That said, it's certainly not at the level of their M3s which is about 3x the size and still small enough for my purposes.

AKG

I tried the n5005, their new IEM with Harman Reference tuning. I found it really lovely sounding, and it's clear the Harman curve and I get along very well. I had trouble getting a really good fit though.

I also tried the n60nc wireless, which is by no means new but which I hadn't paid attention to before, and I think it's worth summarising a little bit:
  • Noise cancelling: much better than expected. Many headphones claim noise canceling but do the job only just enough to tick that checkbox. The n60nc is much better, reducing the by then very substantial CanJam crowd background to a very manageable murmur. It doesn't match the supernatural quiet of the Sony 1000X, but it was really very good, and I think similar to the canceling of the Sony H900N. Disclaimer: happily CanJam was not subject to any road traffic, piledrivers or other construction sounds, or located inside an aeroplane or a carriage on the London Underground, so unhappily I was not able to test the n60nc in these situations. But its success with ambient conversational noise is enough to make it a very good candidate as an office headphone.
  • Sound: it absolutely shares the AKG sound and tuning that I like in the K702 and K550. Compared to Sony's bluetooth noise cancellers, I think the n60nc is a huge step up in sound quality. For me a bonus is that it's supported by SonarWorks True-Fi, so I expect to be able to improve its sound a little more beyond its already very satisfactory level.
  • Form factor and comfort: it's a reasonably compact on-ear, with nice soft pads. Comfort was just fine, and it didn't require unpleasant pressure to stay on or cancel noise. Folds up to not take up much backpack/purse/briefcase space. The smaller earcups help it be a lot more "neckable" when not in use than larger units are.
The n60nc wireless ticked a lot of boxes for me, and I'm buying one.

Shure KSE 1200

My experience reflected everything you've heard elsewhere: these are fantastic. And they have the detail retrieval to give me that "I'm hearing things in this track that I've never heard before" experience which I don't have that much any more. Completely amazing when you consider how many other ToTL IEMs cost much more.

It's a pity Shure didn't have a higher-end source at the booth to show these off. I listened off my M3s (which is quite good, but it's not high-end), and I would have liked to hear what it could do with something more upscale.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2018 at 5:30 AM Post #112 of 186
CanJam although necessarily commercial in it's business model, is the result of Headfi's success and standing in the portable audio community, an industry now worth billions. The forum has a strong showing in the UK and London has allowed us to meet up with the likes of @Cagin and of course not forgetting @jude @joe and @third_eye
Coming back year after year gives us all an opportunity to reacquaint with old friends and make some new ones. Personally that is all I look for from any meet whether it's a CanJam or a mini meet. Anything else beyond that is a bonus.
This year seemed busier than previous ones for numbers of attendees. People were still coming in at 4pm and happy to pay for 2 hours of browsing. The exhibitors that were here were too many to see in 2 days as it was. Sennheiser not being a part of this is probably only a temporary thing. They will miss marketing opportunities through this and marketing leads to sales. The success of these commercial events is that they benefit CanJam to be able to do more shows and the sponsors and exhibitors will get the word out about their products far beyond what they could sell on the day.
It was great fun helping out on the desk and meeting all the attendees that turned up during my stint. I met my previous editor @sonickarma for the first time and Sanj turned out to be a charming guy. All editors, @glassmonkey and @dill3000 were present too. @Cagin turned up sporting a seriously faded looking CanJam London 2015 t shirt and spotted mine in pristine condition. He quickly realised there was more to the UK than just warm pints of bitter ; we must have magical properties in our water!
It was a shame to have so little time with my good friend @Turrican2 and the absence of @pedalhead and @smial1966 but they were there in spirit.[/USER]

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2018 at 5:41 AM Post #114 of 186
Did anyone catch when the Fiio BTR3 is being released?
We were told that both M3K and BTR3 will be available some time in August.

Jul 23, 2018 at 6:24 AM Post #115 of 186
Thanks for the confirmation. I wholeheartedly agree with you that the casework finishes should match the rest of the lineup, especially considering the M-Scaler has to be used in conjunction.

@Mojo ideas John, can you confirm if the casework finishes on the TT2 and M-Scaler are indeed different? I appreciate the information as I will be purchasing both when they are available.

I just checked my Hugo TT2 and Hugo M Scaler and the finish is the same.

Just to confirm - TT2 and Hugo M Scaler was production PCB's and production code. The metalwork on the Hugo M Scaler was pre-production though as the grammar needs correcting!

Jul 23, 2018 at 6:41 AM Post #116 of 186
I would like to read more Meze Empyrean impressions from you guys/gals who attended the show, please. This is highly on my radar when it releases.

The Empyrean's were in my top 3 contenders for a potential upgrade to my HEK V2's (which I'm still very happy with, but I'm just looking... because I can).
The other 2 were the Final D8000 (which wowed me on a previous occasion) and Abyss Diana (because I loved her bigger brother's Abyss Phi sound).

I had already discounted the Susvara (too cynically overpriced and too inefficient) and Abyss Phi (great sound, but too ugly, too heavy, too fiddly to adjust).
At the end of my brief Sunday visit, the order of preference was: 1. Empyrean, 2. D8000, with Diana dropped off the radar.

I won't comment much on SQ, as I felt I was listening more to the vagaries of the low-rent laptop sources (and the background noise) than I was to the headphone qualities, so I'll stick to some practicalities:

Diana felt all wrong on my head. Sounded good and looked good, but comfort was totally unacceptable. Apparently, the current design works well with some head shapes and not others. My head was obviously in the other category. I hear that Abyss are working on a deeper pad design which should help, but I've kinda lost interest.

The D8000's didn't sound as good as when I last heard them, but I'll put that down to the source and environment. Still too heavy for my tastes, but comfort was adequate. Good build quality, but looked like any typical headphone, rather than a flagship. Compared to the other two (and my HEK V2's), the D8000 had FR tilt in favour of the bass and a drop in the upper mids/lower treble, more like an Audeze house sound. From my previous session, I know that this is partly due to the stock cable, so MAYBE an aftermarket silver cable would be a good match. This is still a contender based on my previous session and also very easy to drive, but on today's experience, I preferred the next one.....

The Empyrean got off to a good start by ticking lots of boxes and by not scoring any silly own goals:

1. It was light and comfortable (I didn't get the actual weight)
2. It looked smart and well built.
3. It was efficient (100dB quoted)
4. It seemed relatively neutral, within the previously stated caveats
5. The cable entry was angled away from the shoulders (thank you, I hate the desgns that force the cable straight down into my shoulders)
6. The pads were deeper than most, so no chance of my ears brushing against the driver.
7. I appeciate Meze trying to keep the price down - refreshing to see after some unforgiveable (IMO) price hikes from some rivals.

There were 2 pad options: leather or cloth. Very neat and easy to swap with the magnetic snap-on mechanism.
The pad opening was ear shaped and width and height just about fitting around my ears without obvious touching, but with little room to spare. I wonder if the soundstage would have increased had the opening been a touch wider? As it was the soundstage seemed fine - not obviously too big or small compared to its rivals.

The colour looked black to me (but it could have been a dark grey). This will be the colour of the first production batch. It looked fine, but also made it look iike lots of other headphones. I was glad to hear that Meze intend to do a future batch in that copper finish, which I feel will give it a more unique look. When I get time, I'll add some more in the Empyrean thread.

I briefly listened to the Susvara while I was there. It certainly looked better than my HEK's, and SQ was good, but What it scored an own goal by having shallower ear pads than my HEK, which meant that my (fractionally larger) right ear was touching the driver. Nooooooo.....

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2018 at 7:09 AM Post #117 of 186
Listened to a few things on the Saturday but I must say, if you're into open headphones a show is not the place to hear them properly.
Only a few small comments:

HiFiMan Ananda
- definitely cannot be driven by an iPhone. Volume much too low and I don't listen at high volumes at all. Mark from Customer Services was great though, very helpful.
OneMore on-ear headphones - Bit of a mid suckout, hollow sounding like the NightHawks I thought. Unimpressed I'm afraid.
Adv-Sound M5-1D IEMs were really very impressive for the price. Went back again after listening to the Andromedas and they still impressive. Very engaging and musical. Easy to drive and comfortable. Nice job guys.
Focal - did anyone manage to get a smile out of the guy there? Bit of a misery I thought but YMMV

Obviously take all of this with a pinch of salt, just my opinions. Enjoyed the show though, great to have access to all the different models and experts there.

Jul 23, 2018 at 7:10 AM Post #118 of 186
Another CanJam London - was great to meet up with old friends and make new ones. Many thanks to: Judo, Ethan, Joe and all the other that put effort in organizing this event again.
Was a wonderful show as always and I always want more. Very impressive with the speed rate of evolution of some products from various companies. I will not write too much but I will mention what I really consider worth it's asking price based on the sound/build quality/comfort.
- The most impressive headphone of the show for me it was Meze Empyrean, from the Romanian company Meze Audio. Yes I am originally from Romania just like them and I am proud of their product but I am not writing this just for the sake of it. Very impressive creation for a relatively small young company.
These headphones have everything I always wanted in a pair of headphones: amazing comfort, light, great build quality with premium materials such as carbon fibre for the headband, and LEATHER ear pads that are very easy to replace as they are held in place with magnets, also velour ones will be bundled in the package. And a whole new original design. When I tried them with Dave directly I was immediately impressed by the sound : a bit warm, smooth , with deep bass when called for and great clarity, and wide soundstage. Happy that they found a way to drop the price from 4000 to 3000 for the production model. When I think about the Meze Empyrean the only similar headphone that comes to mind is the Focal Utopia, but Meze is about 15% better in everything i will say from my listening session.
-I was really impressed with the Stax 009S driven by Blue Hawaii electrostatic amplifier. Few things has changed since the 009. Better bass slam, comfort is better now, and design wise i prefer the gold accents of the new one. I will say that the 009S is 3-5% then 009 at everything and that's a lot in this audio field.
-MrSpeakers Voce is a fantastic headphone, that is very comfortable, light, and does everything very good, very impressed as this is Dan's first electrostatic headphone, but 009S was still better for me overall.You can hear the difference between the two only if you have them both and try side by side, if you have only Voce then that's nr1. Is not a big gap between the two.
-No doubt that Hugo TT2 is incredible and very capable of driving any headphone, but when paired with the M Scaler things change dramatically , in few words= is very good. Both Hugo TT2+ M Scaler for less then the price of Dave? Yes please.
-I had to try the Hifiman R2R2000 portable music player as i am a big fan of the Tera Player. The player is very powerful for it's size, and it sounds natural, smooth and organic and was able to drive the HE1000 quite well. The firmware was poor, many things were missing from the menu and the interface is basic. If they can improve everything near perfection and sort out the cheap feeling volume wheel and drop the price down , many may want to choose this as an alternative to the Tera Player if they are after this type of sound signature.
-The prize for the best value feature packed headphone must got to: Audeze Mobius. Fantastic, in one word especially if you like watching movies like me. Music in 5.1 is OK, but movies in 5.1 and 7.1 are very impressive. This headphone sounds open for a closed headphone. When i was watching Sherlock Holmes 2011 in 5.1 when they run in the forest and are being shot at, the explosions, bullets hitting the trees, was very immersive, and for a second it didn't give me the impression that i was listening to headphones. It sounded just in a great cinema, or like me being between two big high quality speakers. If you didn't pre order one, do so. I bought a pair on spon at an extra special discount for the show. The hype is real and i think they will sell millions once people will realise how good this is for watching movies. I didn't try games as they didn't have the facilities. But LDAC Bluetooth function works really well when paired with a music player of mobile phone compatible. Been told they expect them in UK in the first or second week of August.
Thank you for taking your time to read my basic impressions of CanJam London 2018.

Jul 23, 2018 at 7:14 AM Post #119 of 186
The Emperean's were in my top 3 contenders for a potential upgrade to my HEK V2's (which I'm still very happy with, but I'm just looking... because I can).
The other 2 were the Final D8000 (which wowed me on a previous occasion) and Abyss Diana (because I loved her bigger brother's Abyss Phi sound).

I had already discounted the Susvara (too cynically overpriced and too inefficient) and Abyss Phi (great sound, but too ugly, too heavy, too fiddly to adjust).
At the end of my brief Sunday visit, the order of preference was: 1. Empyrean, 2. D8000, with Diana dropped off the radar.

I won't comment much on SQ, as I felt I was listening more to the vagaries of the low-rent laptop sources (and the background noise) than I was to the headphone qualities, so I'll stick to some practicalities:

Diana felt all wrong on my head. Sounded good and looked good, but comfort was totally unacceptable. Apparently, the current design works well with some head shapes and not others. My head was obviuosly in the other category. I hear that Abyss are working on a deeper pad design which should help, but I've kinda lost interest.

Same feelings like you with Diana. It sounds good, is fast but comfort was not good at all for me. I could feel them on my head all the time. Hopefully they will add quality padding in the headband and redesign the ear pads with thicker ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back