CanJam Chicago 2023 (June 24-25, 2023)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 12, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #166 of 270
Jun 12, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #172 of 270
If you are attending CanJam Chicago 2023 and would like a profile badge (or needs any other CanJam profile badges), please send me a PM by clicking here and I can get you set up.

In an effort to not clutter the thread up with requests, any in-thread profile badge requests will be removed from the thread.

Jun 12, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #173 of 270
Hoping someone has the Shangri-La Sr at the show. I ordered a pair unheard, but thinking they won't be in my hands in the next two weeks. :wink: That said, I'd love to hear more electrostatic amps.
I heard it 2 different times. I thought it was okay the first time and I loved it more than the HE 1 when it was paired with the Head Amp Grand Cayman. Definitely worth a listen. Would love to hear it paired with the Eksonic T2.

Jun 12, 2023 at 6:23 PM Post #174 of 270
I heard it 2 different times. I thought it was okay the first time and I loved it more than the HE 1 when it was paired with the Head Amp Grand Cayman. Definitely worth a listen. Would love to hear it paired with the Eksonic T2.

Completely agree, with all...

Jun 13, 2023 at 12:03 AM Post #175 of 270
Jun 15, 2023 at 3:50 PM Post #176 of 270
@third_eye , I'll be booking my room this weekend for the show but had a question: I clicked on the link you provided in the very first post in this thread but it defaulted to a 4-night stay starting on Thursday for some reason. I don't need that as I'm staying Friday through Monday, but there was no way from that link I could see to adjust. Obviously easy enough for me to call the Hyatt when I actually go to book but since this was a promotional rate and all, wanted to check here for any intel I may be missing before I reach out to Hyatt. Thanks in advance!

Jun 15, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #177 of 270
@third_eye , I'll be booking my room this weekend for the show but had a question: I clicked on the link you provided in the very first post in this thread but it defaulted to a 4-night stay starting on Thursday for some reason. I don't need that as I'm staying Friday through Monday, but there was no way from that link I could see to adjust. Obviously easy enough for me to call the Hyatt when I actually go to book but since this was a promotional rate and all, wanted to check here for any intel I may be missing before I reach out to Hyatt. Thanks in advance!
You just change the dates. Expedia has the same price as those special rates just fyi at least when I booked a few weeks ago.
Screenshot_20230615-160441.png
Screenshot_20230615-160459.png

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #178 of 270
You just change the dates. Expedia has the same price as those special rates just fyi at least when I booked a few weeks ago.Screenshot_20230615-160441.pngScreenshot_20230615-160459.png
Ah, must've been due to me trying to do it on mobile for some reason. Appreciate the assist, brother. See you in Chi-Town!

Jun 15, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #179 of 270
Here's the Seminar schedule for CanJam Chicago. Can't wait to see everyone next weekend!

2023Chicago_header_seminars.jpg

Saturday, June 24

2:00pm-3:00pm Pro Audio vs Audiophilia — Two Worlds Collide

Pro audio and audiophile playback systems can often sound distinctly different, with seemingly fundamental clashes in their goals. While professionals typically insist on flat frequency response and detail, audiophiles tend to favor immersiveness and emotionality. And yet, these two worlds must collide to bring about the enjoyment that we all prize - but where? Join Chris Berens (Audeze Artist Relations) for some fascinating insights on the differences between pro audio and audiophile priorities, preferences, and products — and how we strangely end up hearing the same thing.
Speaker: Chris Berens, Artist Relations, Audeze

4:00pm-5:00pm Evolution of Hearing Simulation, And an Examination of Frequency Response Targets and How We Use Them

An examination of how the most popular hearing simulation standard (commonly referred to as “711”) was first developed well over 40 years ago — and how important advancements made in the decades since must inevitably lead to the adoption of emergent standards. Following this, an insightful discussion of frequency response targets, how they are used in the industry by reviewers, and some important considerations therein. Are we missing the target?
Speaker: Jude Mansilla, Head-Fi.org

Sunday, June 25

1:00pm-2:00pm Solid-State Fidelity - An Introduction to Piezo-MEMS µSpeakers for Personal Audio Devices

This talk will introduce a new transduction mechanism, all-silicon Piezo-MEMS µSpeakers that are set to disrupt century-old coil/magnet driver architectures. This solid-state µSpeaker architecture implements both actuation and diaphragm in silicon using semiconductor MEMS fabrication, resulting in unmatched part-to-part frequency response and phase consistency. This innovative transduction mechanism eliminates the spring and suspension recovery time (latency) of inductive coil motors. The lack of stored energy in the µSpeaker structure, results in an incredibly low group delay and provides signal-accurate response.
Speaker: Michael Ricci, Sr. Director Electroacoustic Engineering from xMEMS Labs, Inc.

2:00pm-3:00pm
Measuring Audio Quality – More Than Frequency Response

MDAQS (Multi-Dimensional Audio Quality Score) is a novel method for instrumental evaluation of audio quality that uses 3 key criteria for perceived audio playback quality: Timbre, Distortion, Immersiveness. This seminar will look at the auditory test design, method development, and share example results from commercially available devices to show how it applies to the world of headphones.
Jacob Soendergaard, HEAD Acoustics

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #180 of 270
Here's the Seminar schedule for CanJam Chicago. Can't wait to see everyone next weekend!

2023Chicago_header_seminars.jpg

Saturday, June 24

1:00pm-2:00pm Solid-State Fidelity - An Introduction to Piezo-MEMS µSpeakers for Personal Audio Devices

This talk will introduce a new transduction mechanism, all-silicon Piezo-MEMS µSpeakers that are set to disrupt century-old coil/magnet driver architectures. This solid-state µSpeaker architecture implements both actuation and diaphragm in silicon using semiconductor MEMS fabrication, resulting in unmatched part-to-part frequency response and phase consistency. This innovative transduction mechanism eliminates the spring and suspension recovery time (latency) of inductive coil motors. The lack of stored energy in the µSpeaker structure, results in an incredibly low group delay and provides signal-accurate response.
Speaker: Michael Ricci, Sr. Director Electroacoustic Engineering from xMEMS Labs, Inc.

Pro audio and audiophile playback systems can often sound distinctly different, with seemingly fundamental clashes in their goals. While professionals typically insist on flat frequency response and detail, audiophiles tend to favor immersiveness and emotionality. And yet, these two worlds must collide to bring about the enjoyment that we all prize - but where? Join Chris Berens (Audeze Artist Relations) for some fascinating insights on the differences between pro audio and audiophile priorities, preferences, and products — and how we strangely end up hearing the same thing.
Speaker: Chris Berens, Artist Relations, Audeze

4:00pm-5:00pm Evolution of Hearing Simulation, And an Examination of Frequency Response Targets and How We Use Them

An examination of how the most popular hearing simulation standard (commonly referred to as “711”) was first developed well over 40 years ago — and how important advancements made in the decades since must inevitably lead to the adoption of emergent standards. Following this, an insightful discussion of frequency response targets, how they are used in the industry by reviewers, and some important considerations therein. Are we missing the target?
Speaker: Jude Mansilla, Head-Fi.org

Sunday, June 25

MDAQS (Multi-Dimensional Audio Quality Score) is a novel method for instrumental evaluation of audio quality that uses 3 key criteria for perceived audio playback quality: Timbre, Distortion, Immersiveness. This seminar will look at the auditory test design, method development, and share example results from commercially available devices to show how it applies to the world of headphones.
Jacob Soendergaard, HEAD Acoustics
Love how you guys keep changing up the seminar topics to keep things interesting for us veteran CanJammers, while also serving newbs. Not an easy thing to manage successfully, I suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back