CanJam Chicago 2022 (June 18-19, 2022)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 12, 2022 at 4:34 PM Post #211 of 356
1st time to Canjam. Do they actually sell products there?
Depends on the company but most do and generally they offer some form of a discount. They don't always have inventory on hand, but you might be able to make a purchase there at a discount and get it shipped to your home. It just depends company to company.

Jun 12, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #212 of 356
Depends on the company but most do and generally they offer some form of a discount. They don't always have inventory on hand, but you might be able to make a purchase there at a discount and get it shipped to your home. It just depends company to company.
Oh wow interesting. Finally a chance to try/compare instead of impulse buying.

Jun 12, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #213 of 356

Pretty much what @Dellwolf said. Some do. Many don't. Because many exhibitors ship their materials to the show - which includes much in the way of displays and associated gear - it can often be prohibitively expensive to also ship product inventory that may or may not sell out, and thus have to incur even more charges when it's shipped back to them after the show.

That said, here's a tip to potentially get a great discount: buy a demo! :relaxed:

If you're not OCD about getting a sealed/NIB/retail package, then you could always ask an exhibitor if they'd be willing to sell you the floor demo that they brought to the show. While it's not new, you can bet your last dollar that the demo would have been well cared for, since their reputation depended on it working flawlessly at the show. Demo discounts can often be significant, though the exact discount varies of course.

There's only one catch: obviously you'd have to pick it up at the end of the show (since they need it for their exhibit). But yeah, it's a win-win. You get the gear that you wanted for a great discount, and they don't have to waste expense packing it and shipping it back.

Jun 12, 2022 at 5:15 PM Post #214 of 356
Pretty much what @Dellwolf said. Some do. Many don't. Because many exhibitors ship their materials to the show - which includes much in the way of displays and associated gear - it can often be prohibitively expensive to also ship product inventory that may or may not sell out, and thus have to incur even more charges when it's shipped back to them after the show.

That said, here's a tip to potentially get a great discount: buy a demo! :relaxed:

If you're not OCD about getting a sealed/NIB/retail package, then you could always ask an exhibitor if they'd be willing to sell you the floor demo that they brought to the show. While it's not new, you can bet your last dollar that the demo would have been well cared for, since their reputation depended on it working flawlessly at the show. Demo discounts can often be significant, though the exact discount varies of course.

There's only one catch: obviously you'd have to pick it up at the end of the show (since they need it for their exhibit). But yeah, it's a win-win. You get the gear that you wanted for a great discount, and they don't have to waste expense packing it and shipping it back.
Here is another tip. Ask for a discount. Most vendors have show discounts that they don't offer outside of trade shows. Some very smart vendors will extend discounts to other products in their current line as unadvertised specials.

Jun 12, 2022 at 7:35 PM Post #215 of 356
ULTRA-High-End Rig, The Best Studio Monitors?, IEMs Galore, And Much More At CanJam Chicago 2022

dCS's ULTRA-high-end stack, Audeze's first purpose built pro audio monitors, ZMF surprises, Chord's new (and currently ultra-rare) Mojo, Cayin's big flagship DAP, so many new IEMs, and so much more at our first CanJam in Chicago since 2010. CanJam Chicago takes place June 18th and 19th, 2022, at the Chicago Marriott Marquis in Downtown Chicago.

CanJam Chicago 2022 Preview: ULTRA-High-End Rig, The Best Studio Monitors?, IEMs Galore, And Much More - produced by Joe Cwik and Brian Murphy​

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2022 at 9:01 PM Post #217 of 356
dCS's ULTRA-high-end stack? Is that Lina? If yes, that's the entry-level dCS gear they created for poor headphone audiophiles - the Lina line doesn't even share the same look as the rest of the dCS gear.

I doubt dCS would bring their Vivaldi stack to some headphone meet :smirk:

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2022 at 9:35 PM Post #218 of 356
ULTRA-High-End Rig, The Best Studio Monitors?, IEMs Galore, And Much More At CanJam Chicago 2022

dCS's ULTRA-high-end stack, Audeze's first purpose built pro audio monitors, ZMF surprises, Chord's new (and currently ultra-rare) Mojo, Cayin's big flagship DAP, so many new IEMs, and so much more at our first CanJam in Chicago since 2010. CanJam Chicago takes place June 18th and 19th, 2022, at the Chicago Marriott Marquis in Downtown Chicago.

CanJam Chicago 2022 Preview: ULTRA-High-End Rig, The Best Studio Monitors?, IEMs Galore, And Much More - produced by Joe Cwik and Brian Murphy​

Some super exciting stuff here which I can't wait to test next weekend!

But I am dearly missing 2 recently launched products that I was very much hoping
to test at CanJam - (1) Felikx Envy, (2) Enleum 23R - any chance that any of the vendors there will bring these in their setups? Pleaaaase...?? :)

(as an aside, I have had the Bricasti M3h for nearly a year and can confirm to all it's phenomenal - if you have a chance to test it, I highly recommend it!)

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2022 at 10:05 PM Post #219 of 356
dCS's ULTRA-high-end stack? Is that Lina? If yes, that's the entry-level dCS gear they created for poor headphone audiophiles - the Lina line doesn't even share the same look as the rest of the dCS gear.

I doubt dCS would bring their Vivaldi stack to some headphone meet :smirk:
dCS Lina Full System = $29,150? I will listen to it, but I can't imagine very many scenarios where I will be motivated to buy it.

Jun 12, 2022 at 10:19 PM Post #220 of 356
dCS Lina Full System = $29,150? I will listen to it, but I can't imagine very many scenarios where I will be motivated to buy it.
Rossini is what dCS actually wants you to buy and it's their "best value" product along their entire stack. I am very confused by the Lina line, TBH. I do give dCS credit for keep trying; I think it's very difficult for hi-end brands to cater to the headphone market - I mean there is only so much money you can charge to build an amp that pumps few hundred mw into a pair of transducers you strap to your head.

Jun 12, 2022 at 10:40 PM Post #221 of 356
Jun 12, 2022 at 10:48 PM Post #222 of 356

But I am dearly missing 2 recently launched that I was very much hopinh to test at CanJam - (1) Felikx Envy, (2) Enleum 23R - any chance that any of the vendors there will bring these in their setups? Pleaaaase...?? :)

(as an aside, I have had the Bricasti M3h for nearly a year and can confirm to all it's phenomenal - if you have a chance to test it, I highly recommend it!)
Enjoy the show! Can't wait to hear from you about the show!

Finally! I have been waiting for the Jude and this video for a long time! Nice made as always! Shout-out to Headfi and wish you another success!

Jun 12, 2022 at 10:54 PM Post #223 of 356
Jun 12, 2022 at 11:31 PM Post #224 of 356
Just a quick heads-up for Susvara owners...

You should definitely bring your Susvara to CanJam Chicago if you can. There is at least one amp making its debut, and possibly a second in the form of a prototype, that are both spec'd to drive Susvaras splendidly (at least on paper as I haven't heard either yet). I'll try to get more info for y'all in the CanJam Chicago preview... but I wanted to let you guys know the above ahead of time, just in case you need to buy a travel case in order to pack your Susvara in luggage. :relaxed:

I'm looking at you there @goldwerger! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Okay Warren, I just watched the Chicago show preview. Which amps are you suggesting for Susvara owners? I heard 3 possibilities.

1) dCS Lina Full System. At $29,150, I can't imagine buying it.
2) Hifiman EF400. This is very interesting to me. An R2R DAC with an integrated AMP that can drive Susvara is very interesting.
3) Centrance Ampersand. A portable amp that can drive Susvara is very interesting to me.

But I am dearly missing 2 recently launched products that I was very much hoping
to test at CanJam - (1) Felikx Envy, (2) Enleum 23R - any chance that any of the vendors there will bring these in their setups? Pleaaaase...?? :)

For me, I am missing Solitaire + P. Hopefully they have it at CanJam Socal.

Jun 12, 2022 at 11:34 PM Post #225 of 356
There is at least one amp making its debut, and possibly a second in the form of a prototype, that are both spec'd to drive Susvaras splendidly (at least on paper as I haven't heard either yet).
Okay Warren, I just watched the Chicago show preview. Which amps are you suggesting for Susvara owners? I heard 3 possibilities.
Holo Audio Bliss maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back