CanJam Chicago 2022 (June 18-19, 2022)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 15, 2022 at 6:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 356
Chicaho_22-big-banner.jpeg

It's on! We're so excited to return for the first CanJam in Chicago since 2010! CanJam Chicago 2022 will take place at the new Marriott Marquis Chicago, one of the Chicago skyline's newest landmarks. SAVE THE DATES and be sure to subscribe to thread for updates!

CanJam Chicago 2022

Marriott Marquis Chicago
2121 S Prairie Ave
Chicago, IL 60616

Saturday, June 18, 2022
10am to 6pm

Sunday, June 19, 2022
10am-5pm

Show Passes (Click here to purchase)
Weekend Pass - $40
One Day Pass - $30

If you purchased a Show Pass for the postponed 2020 show, you will not need to re-purchase. All previously purchased Show Passes will be valid for 2022.

Check out the CanJam Chicago 2022 Preview Video!

Travel
CanJam Chicago 2022 will take place at the brand new Marriott Marquis Chicago, one of the Chicago skyline's newest landmarks. Connected to McCormick Place, America's largest convention center, and just moments from many of the city's most celebrated destinations, the Marriott Marquis Chicago is perfectly suited for both business and leisure travelers. We have secured a limited number of rooms at a rate of $219/night plus tax. Click here to make your room reservations.

CanJam Volunteers
There will be volunteer staff positions at CanJam Chicago 2022 to assist at the Registration Desk. You will need to be able to commit to a 4 hour shift on either the Saturday or Sunday of the event. Volunteers will receive free weekend passes along with an event T-Shirt and food/refreshments during your shift. If you are interested, please send me a PM or email to ethan@canjam.org with your full name, email address, and T-Shirt size.

We look forward to seeing you in Chicago!

22_ Avatar300X300 (1).jpg

Attachments

• Chicaho_22 big banner.jpg
    Chicaho_22 big banner.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 15, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #2 of 356
2022 SPONSORS.jpg

Cardas Audio
Headphones.com
Headphone.guru
MusicTeck
Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity

2022 exhibitors.jpg

1MoreUSA
64 Audio
ABYSS Headphones
ambient acoustics
Aroma Audio
Atlas Cables
Audeze
Audio-Technica
Benchmark Media Systems
Bloom Audio
Burson Audio
Cardas Audio
Cayin
CEntrance
Chord Electronics
Custom Art
Dan Clark Audio
dCS
DITA
EarMen
Effect Audio
Eksonic
Eletech
Elysian Acoustic Labs
Empire Ears
Etymotic
FAudio
Ferrum Audio
FiR Audio
Headamp Audio Electronics
HiBy
Hifiman
Jerry Harvey Audio
Linear Tube Audio
Lotoo
Luxury Precision
Metal Magic Research
MusicTeck
Noble Audio
Oriolus
PWAudio
qdc
RAAL-requisite
RME
Roon Labs
Rupert Neve Designs
Sennheiser
Shanling
Softears
Soundcore
Spirit Torino
Thieaudio
Unique Melody
Vision Ears
Wells Audio
Westone
ZMFheadphones

and many more to come!

Attachments

• CanJam-Chicago-2022-ShowGuide.pdf
    8.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 15, 2022 at 6:21 PM Post #3 of 356
2022 t-shirts.jpg

2022 Chicago t-shirt_Head-Fi.jpg

To reserve your shirt, please reply in the thread (do not PM) with your Head-Fi handle, the size you want, and how many of that size you want - all separated by hyphens. If you need to order multiple sizes, please start a new line. For example, this is my "order":

third_eye-L-2
third_eye-S-1

CanJam Chicago 2022 T-Shirts are $40
and can be paid for with cash at the Registration Desk until 1pm on Sunday, June 19. All preorders not picked up by then will be released for general sale.

All T-Shirt pre-orders will be both picked up and paid for at the show, although we must have your reservation now in order to guarantee your shirts. The deadline for T-Shirt pre-orders for CanJam Chicago 2022 is Friday, June 3, 2022. We will have a few extras T-Shirts in various sizes on hand as well. CanJam Chicago 2022 volunteers do not need to order their own T-shirts as we will be providing them directly.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2022 at 6:22 PM Post #4 of 356
Seminars_CH.jpeg

Welcome to the CanJam Chicago 2022 Seminar schedule!

As we wrap up our 101 series of instructional seminars, with new topics coming soon, we've selected a host of new instructors ready to offer some fresh perspectives.

The ever-exuberant Makiah Shenay of HeadAmp will be heading up Headphones 101, and amp designer extraordinaire Jeff Wells of Wells Audio will be leading us through Amplification 101. In addition, CanJam Chicago 2022 is proud to present Hearing Health 101 - a brand new seminar hosted by Andrew Bellavia from Knowles - focusing on the most important part of our hobby, our hearing. And for the first time ever, we have a Digital Audio 201 seminar, headed up by Rob Watts of Chord, for those who want to take their understanding of DACs to the next level.

As always, seating is first-come first-served. So set your calendar alarms now, lest you get lost in an audition and miss some invaluable insights!

Saturday, June 18th, 2022

Hearing Health 101
11:00a - 12:00p

The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that over 50% of people aged 12–35 years listen to music over their personal audio devices at volumes that pose a risk to their hearing. But it doesn’t have to be so. Thanks to modern audio tech, it is possible to have your cake and eat it too. Join Andrew Bellavia of industry-leader Knowles, as he shares strategies for listening to music in a safe way without sacrificing enjoyment or quality. He will also describe how protecting your hearing in other situations can increase the time available for safely listening to music, and how to improve perceived music quality if you already have some hearing loss.

Instructor: Andrew Bellavia, Director of Market Development, Knowles’ Hearing Health Tech Division

Headphones 101
12:00p - 1:00p

Simple in theory, headphones can be extraordinarily complicated electroacoustic devices. Join us for a clear overview of various driver designs (dynamic, planar magnetic, electrostatic, ribbons, etc.). Learn about basic acoustics, frequency response, impedance, sensitivity, and more. Most importantly, discover how to choose the headphone that best suits your needs.

Instructor: Makiah Shenay, HeadAmp Electronics

Amplification 101
2:00p - 3:00p

What amp will best drive your headphone(s) of choice? Should you opt for tubes or solid state? Learn the basics of amplification including gain, topology, and classification. Understand how power output, voltage, current, output impedance, damping factor, and distortion will factor into your decisions - and what an amplifier's specifications can and cannot tell you about its performance.

Instructor: Jeff Wells, Founder & Lead Engineer/Designer, Wells Audio

Digital Audio 101
3:00p - 4:00p

Join us for a clear and concise introduction to digital audio, as well as the DACs (Digital-to-Analog Converters) needed to enjoy it. Learn about some of the most popular DAC topologies in use today (Delta-sigma, R-2R, etc.), clocks, filters, jitter, ringing, whether DAC chips really do have a house sound - and much more - so that you can evaluate which DAC might be best for you.

Instructor: Michael Goodman, Founder & Lead Engineer/Designer, CEntrance

Digital Audio 201
4:00p - 5:00p

Ready to take a deeper dive into high-fidelity digital audio? Join us for an invaluable hour of insight into how digital interpolation filters work, and the seminar will cover: understanding the importance of interpolation filtering and transients; and realizing just how much time domain performance can dictate fidelity and realism. If you didn't understand any of that, and you are currently pursuing an endgame rig, then this is one seminar you won't want to miss.

Instructor: Rob Watts, Digital Design Consultant, Chord Electronics

Sunday, June 19th, 2022

Special Presentation: Chord Electronics’ Mojo 2
11:00a - 12:00p

Seven years after the debut of its predecessor, Chord’s long-awaited Mojo 2 portable DAC/amp is finally here. Come join Rob Watts of Chord Electronics for a fascinating recounting of its development over the years, and a comprehensive overview of the Mojo 2’s groundbreaking features, including: UHD DSP (a fully transparent and lossless digital tone control); enhanced menu options featuring an additional control sphere for crossfeed/mute/lock settings; intelligent FPGA-based battery management and charging; and of course more taps.

Special Guest: Rob Watts, Digital Design Consultant, Chord Electronics

Special Presentation: The Role of Treble Extension In Improving Performance of In-Ear Monitors
12:00p - 1:00p

While earlier listening studies concentrated on the spectrum below 10 kHz, a significant portion of recorded music occurs as high as 20 kHz. Knowles, a leading manufacturer of balanced armature drivers and microphones for in-ear monitors (IEMs), TWS earphones, and hearing devices, conducted a new study on preferred response curves with a focus on treble performance. Cristina Downey, acoustic engineer by day and sound engineer by night, will share what was learned about the significance of treble response on listener preference. Then Jerry Harvey, well-known pioneer in the development of IEMs, will reveal how he raised treble performance to the next level in the new Sharona, the first ever to employ Knowles’ new balanced armature Supertweeter.

Special Guests: Cristina Downey, Acoustic Engineer, Knowles Corporation; Jerry Harvey, Founder and Sound Engineer, JH Audio

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 15, 2022 at 6:22 PM Post #5 of 356
2022 show specials.jpg

1MORE10% off on all headphones during the show and available until 6/30 from the US website https://usa.1more.com
64 Audio20% off IEMs (excluding A2e and A3e)
Atlas Cables10% off Atlas products purchased at show
Benchmark Media SystemsVisit booth to register for a chance to win a DAC3B ($1699 value) digital-to-analog converter
Bloom Audio10% off Burson Audio products (not including the Soloist GT or Conductor GT)
Eksonic10% off the Aeras and 5% off the T2 if purchased at show
Empire Ears20% off sale during show
Ferrum Audio10% off Ferrum Audio products purchased at show
Jerry Harvey Audio15% off IEM Orders + Free Ear Impressions
Linear Tube Audio10% off sale during show
MusicTeck20% off Unique Melody products
Visit booth for other show discounts , including TOTL DAPs
Noble Audio20% off all IEMs
RME$300 off ADI-2 DAC FS ($999 instead of $1299)
Rupert Nevecoupon code (CANJAM10) for 10% off the RAD X RND Bundle
ZMFheadponesauteur classic - special CanJam release sale $1499.99 with possible prototype units available at a discount as well. Visit room for more details!

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2022 at 7:48 PM Post #6 of 356
Nice! :relaxed: Marriott Marquis Chicago... haven't been there since Celebration in 2019.

Mar 15, 2022 at 9:28 PM Post #7 of 356
Guess it's time to start looking up plane tickets.

Mar 15, 2022 at 9:53 PM Post #8 of 356
Looks like I'll be going to my first CanJam!

Mar 15, 2022 at 10:46 PM Post #9 of 356
The first CanJam that I can drive to I’m definitely in.

Mar 15, 2022 at 10:50 PM Post #10 of 356
Hey @zach915m we’ve missed you are you going to make it to CanJam Chicago?

Mar 15, 2022 at 11:22 PM Post #11 of 356
Welcome to the Chi!!!

Mar 15, 2022 at 11:48 PM Post #12 of 356
Guess it's time to start looking up plane tickets.

Yup! And I can already tell you, there's going to be new stuff at CanJam Chicago that wasn't at CanJam NYC. I just can't tell you what that new stuff is... yet. :D

Looks like I'll be going to my first CanJam!

You're gonna love it! :relaxed:

The first CanJam that I can drive to I’m definitely in.

Whoa, that's still a fairly long drive right? :O

Mar 16, 2022 at 9:09 AM Post #13 of 356
Finally, count me in. This will be my first Canjam and I can‘t wait to partake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back