CanJam Chicago 2022 (June 18-19, 2022)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 13, 2022 at 9:47 PM Post #301 of 356
Never used iems except my galaxy earbuds but would like to try at canjam. Any advice on what to bring for tips? Or can I just pick some up there?
Make sure to try some of Noble's IEMs... purely my bias... :wink:

Jun 13, 2022 at 11:02 PM Post #303 of 356
I tried their Sultan of various shells at Canjam whose sound differ noticable from each other even their inner structure is exactly the same according to the engineer.
funny as I have the Sultan in my ears as I type :wink:

I found that a cable change made a difference (and I'm not someone who is terribly perceptive about cables beyond their esthetics and ergonomics). I demo-ed the Sultan at CanJam NYC in February, and loved their resolution as well as their insane bass, but found them a touch too warm. Jim suggested I try a cable that he has in very rare supply called "Quorum" (12-core silver OCC mixed with palladium, platinum, and gold). It's rare enough they don't list it on their website, but he had it for the show. I actually heard the treble open up a touch and it made the world of differnce. An very expensive cable, I got it as part of a last min of CanJam closing deal... Any event, Jim and Fumie are super nice couple and, assuming they're back, will let anyone patiently demo to your heart's content... and yea, they have bunch of custom designs (reminiscient of ZMF craftsmanship to me), but I stuck to the stock design (which I loved)

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2022 at 12:16 AM Post #304 of 356
So, coming twice to NYC from California definitely gets me a hardcore badge! Cool :laughing:
I've done the same, and even had the pleasure of meeting Zachik in person at this year's CanJam NYC. He is better looking in person, and will be missed in the Windy City!

Jun 14, 2022 at 12:36 AM Post #305 of 356
I've done the same, and even had the pleasure of meeting Zachik in person at this year's CanJam NYC. He is better looking in person, and will be missed in the Windy City!
The pleasure was mine, my friend!
I hope to see you in SoCal in 3 short months :wink:

Jun 14, 2022 at 11:23 AM Post #306 of 356
Jun 14, 2022 at 12:36 PM Post #307 of 356
I’m interested in some high end daps and was wondering what my chances of a booth having some to audition. Wm1z, aks&p2000. Lotto touch titanium or non titanium. I would of course like to listen to the top dogs from other brands as well, but I’m really leaning to a non android dap, maybe the exception being the AK.

Jun 14, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #308 of 356
I’m interested in some high end daps and was wondering what my chances of a booth having some to audition. Wm1z, aks&p2000. Lotto touch titanium or non titanium. I would of course like to listen to the top dogs from other brands as well, but I’m really leaning to a non android dap, maybe the exception being the AK.
Between Bloom and Musicteck, you will have plenty of alternatives for DAPs. Bloom carries A&K and iBasso. Musicteck carries L&P, Cayin, Hiby, Shanling and Lotoo.

I think the only DAP not sold by either of these vendors is Sony.

Jun 14, 2022 at 1:30 PM Post #309 of 356
I'm sure you could always ask @Andrew DiMarcangelo or @MusicTeck which ones they might have on hand at CanJam Chicago.

Jun 14, 2022 at 2:05 PM Post #310 of 356
Does anyone know if any vendor is offering cable retermination service?

Jun 14, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #311 of 356
Does anyone know if Fiio will have any representation at the show? I've been wanting to get a bit more time listening to an M17 DAP.

Jun 14, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #312 of 356
Here's the current list of Show Specials for CanJam Chicago! We'll be providing a printed handout of the final list of Show Specials, at the Registration Desk. Can't wait to see everyone this weekend!

2022 show specials.jpg

1MORE10% off on all headphones during the show and available until 6/30 from the US website https://usa.1more.com
64 Audio20% off IEMs (excluding A2e and A3e)
Atlas Cables10% off Atlas products purchased at show
Benchmark Media SystemsVisit booth to register for a chance to win a DAC3B ($1699 value) digital-to-analog converter
Bloom Audio10% off Burson Audio products (not including the Soloist GT or Conductor GT)
Eksonic10% off the Aeras and 5% off the T2 if purchased at show
Empire Ears20% off sale during show
Ferrum Audio10% off Ferrum Audio products purchased at show
Jerry Harvey Audio15% off IEM Orders + Free Ear Impressions
Linear Tube Audio10% off sale during show
MusicTeck20% off Unique Melody products
Visit booth for other show discounts , including TOTL DAPs
Noble Audio20% off all IEMs
RME$300 off ADI-2 DAC FS ($999 instead of $1299)
Rupert Nevecoupon code (CANJAM10) for 10% off the RAD X RND Bundle
ZMFheadponesauteur classic - special CanJam release sale $1499.99 with possible prototype units available at a discount as well. Visit room for more details!

Jun 14, 2022 at 5:12 PM Post #313 of 356
Well, if I were to be so lucky to win the DAC3, I’m going to donate it to a most deserving Headfier - that would be fun.

Jun 14, 2022 at 6:03 PM Post #315 of 356
I'm sure you could always ask @Andrew DiMarcangelo or @MusicTeck which ones they might have on hand at CanJam Chicago.
In other words, either talk to Andrew or Andrew. If you work in this industry, you need to have at least one Andrew on your team to be considered legit. If you have two of them, you are elite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back