CanJam Chicago 2022 Impressions Thread (June 18-19, 2022)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 19, 2022 at 6:51 PM Post #76 of 390
Left with the Aeras. Five trips to Kerry’s room broke my will to say no.
Congratulations, now you got DNA Stellaris along with the Aeras and enjoy.

Jun 19, 2022 at 6:51 PM Post #77 of 390
Sorry. Got busy and forgot to text you regarding the Solataire P. I heard the Valkyria. I thought it was good, but not great. Much prefer both my Susvara and 1266TC. Its sound stage was small and had more of an ethereal sound thereby limited in its imaging.

Best amp was by far the Wells audio Head trip III level 2 solid state amp. When paired with the Cipher Level 2 tube dac and the commander level 3 tube Preamp and Susvara, it was the best headphone listening experience i have ever had. It was effortless in driving the Sus. I thought it was better with sus than 1266tc
No problem, I had the Solitaire P’s on the Milo/Cipher and the Headtrip III Level 2/Cipher Level 2 and thought the same thing as you. Wells Audio had the best sounding amps in the building. It would’ve been cool to compare the Susvara’s and Solitaire P’s side by side to see which you prefer. Maybe next time :)

Jun 19, 2022 at 6:55 PM Post #78 of 390
Congratulations, now you got DNA Stellaris along with the Aeras and enjoy.
Thank you. Now I wait for my X-9000s to arrive or so I pivot to 007s…

Jun 19, 2022 at 7:00 PM Post #79 of 390
Damn pretty, will keep an eye on impressions.
When are they supposed to be released?
Not sure. I was surprised to see that Andrea had them. I thought they were still in development. Once I put them on, I knew I had to have them. I was initially going to pick up the Radiante’s, but after hearing the Pulsar’s I think it’s the Spirit Torino headphone for me. There’s nothing in my collection that sounds like.

Jun 19, 2022 at 7:03 PM Post #80 of 390
Not sure. I was surprised to see that Andrea had them. I thought they were still in development. Once I put them on, I knew I had to have them. I was initially going to pick up the Radiante’s, but after hearing the Pulsar’s I think it’s the Spirit Torino headphone for me. There’s nothing in my collection that sounds like.
What amp did you listen to them out of?. I was quite unimpressed listening to them out of a Headamp GSXII which is a pretty solid piece of kit, but didn't seem to synergize well with the Pulsar

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2022 at 7:04 PM Post #81 of 390
The Valkyria was always priced way out of my League.

This Pulsar not only looks better but is also more affordable (still insane 6k... )

I am a little concerned that they went again for fixed cables, apart from that I am intrigued.
Can you describe the sound?
What's the thing that made them Stick out to you?

Jun 19, 2022 at 7:07 PM Post #82 of 390
Here‘s a couple of photos from the Wells Audio booth. Truly astonishing products. The Milo now comes with external power supply. Jeff said it was 90% of the Headtrip‘s sound, which makes the Milo a bargain for the sound quality it produces.

35B749EE-7ABC-46F3-9924-9DC54F021C76.jpeg
673E85A3-B2D2-4AB2-B100-DF3BC39362EB.jpeg

What amp did you listen to them out of?. I was quite unimpressed listening to them out of a Gilmore which is a pretty solid piece of kit, but didn't seem to synergize well with the Pulsar
Honestly, I didn’t pay attention to amp. Andrea was just setting up and handed me his phone to pick some tracks. I did not see what he had it tethered too. I liked what I heard from them at that time. The setup could‘ve very well changed after he got fully setup.

Jun 19, 2022 at 7:19 PM Post #83 of 390
Here‘s a couple of photos from the Wells Audio booth. Truly astonishing products. The Milo now comes with external power supply. Jeff said it was 90% of the Headtrip‘s sound, which makes the Milo a bargain for the sound quality it produces.

Thats it. Thats the amp that i said was the best i have ever heard.

Jun 19, 2022 at 7:23 PM Post #84 of 390
Yes, same here. I thought the black Pulsar was the better headphone compared to Valkyria. I’ve added the Pulsar to my want list :smile_phones:
The reason you liked Pulsar more was likely due to the Bricasti M3 Headamp used and not some plastic dac Spirit had paired with the Valkyrie. The Pulsar + gsxmk2 + M3 was one of the best sounding systems at the show. I’m fairly certain Pulsar can scale even more with a better dac.

Jun 19, 2022 at 7:24 PM Post #85 of 390
Thats it. Thats the amp that i said was the best i have ever heard.
I heard it before Jeff put the price tag on it. It’s $15k, but boy does sound good. Is it $15k worth of goodness in there 🤔

93D4A832-B9D4-4FF8-B31D-BBBE5B4199FD.jpeg

The reason you liked Pulsar more was likely due to the Bricasti M3 Headamp used and not some plastic dac Spirit had paired with the Valkyrie. The Pulsar + gsxmk2 + M3 was one of the best sounding systems at the show. I’m fairly certain Pulsar can scale even more with a better dac.
You may be right. Whatever dac they had paired to the Sigfrid did not do the Valkyria’s justice. The Pulsar’s sounded much better to my ears.

I already have part of the demo setup. I own the GS-X Mk2. So I’m half way there :smile_phones:

Jun 19, 2022 at 7:32 PM Post #86 of 390
This Pulsar not only looks better but is also more affordable (still insane 6k... )

I am a little concerned that they went again for fixed cables, apart from that I am intrigued.
Can you describe the sound?
What's the thing that made them Stick out to you?
It is fixed cable again but you have some customization length and termination etc. I felt like the soundstage was huge very open great imaging, best way I can describe it is it gives a live show kinda vibe to the music.

Jun 19, 2022 at 7:33 PM Post #87 of 390
I heard it before Jeff put the price tag on it. It’s $15k, but boy does sound good. Is it $15k worth of goodness in there 🤔

93D4A832-B9D4-4FF8-B31D-BBBE5B4199FD.jpeg
Yes. It is. Jeff said he a/b tests every component including resistors and capacitors

Jun 19, 2022 at 7:34 PM Post #88 of 390
You may be right. Whatever dac they had paired to the Sigfrid did not do the Valkyria’s justice. The Pulsar’s sounded much better to my ears.

I already have part of the demo setup. I own the GS-X Mk2. So I’m half way there :smile_phones:
Dave would not be a good match with Pulsar. I would go with Playback Designs or MSB or Linn with Organic dac.

Jun 19, 2022 at 7:37 PM Post #89 of 390
Jun 19, 2022 at 7:41 PM Post #90 of 390
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back