CanJam at RMAF 2013 Preview (And Exclusive Early Reveals!) - Head-Fi TV
Oct 5, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #151 of 361
The new Audeze headphones may indeed sound fine, but this two man hype train, bouncing off each other, making it more powerful with each bounce, is excessive. You've said your piece, move on.

This is nothing in comparison with the AKG K812 thread...  
wink_face.gif

Oct 5, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #153 of 361
The new Audeze headphones may indeed sound fine, but this two man hype train, bouncing off each other, making it more powerful with each bounce, is excessive. You've said your piece, move on.

Excessive?  What means this excessive of which you speak? 
biggrin.gif

On that note, I'm VERY curious as to whether anyone out there as heard the Roxanne besides Jude.  If so, fess up people!  I'm more curious about that than just about anything else that's been leaked.  I hope they have plenty of demo units at CanJam.

Oct 5, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #154 of 361
As this treads uncomfortably close to certain technical details I an under NDA for, I will simply say this.  Based on your criteria above, I believe that you will find the "transparency" noticeably and significantly improved.

No need for anyone to get sued. LOL
biggrin.gif
  (But I get what you're saying). This has me really excited. If the transparency is improved over the LCD-3 even by a little, then that's probably all I'll ever need for my music. I've come to really love neutral tonality and I feel like the X might just be my end game. I was honestly saving coin for the closed-Audez'e but I'm much more interested in the X now. The XC will be the 2nd can I buy I think after the X.

To be perfectly honest when Audez'e sent me that survey a few months back I asked them to produce a neutral LCD-3. Looks like I got my wish.

Oct 5, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #156 of 361
Anti-hype seems to be very popular these days. Head-fi is all about passion for me, and that passion often translates to excitement and hope that something cool is on the horizon. If the X is actually a good product, regardless of whether it is eventually judged as better than the LCD-3, all this excitement and "hype" is warranted. Not sure why people get upset over hype. There is nothing wrong with hype and excitement. Nobody is making you spend your money and you don't need to guard other people's wallets--they have brains too. It's their call. You can hold onto your money and sketicism until a thousand reviews pour in for all I care. I don't come to Head-Fi to have a cold bucket of water thrown on me with a stark objective reality check. Work and life is boring as it is. If my hobby can't get me excited or hyped it's not worth it. I actually went to bed last night smiling because of the X. What other hobby can make me do that? So what if it becomes a dissapointment in the end. Most things in life are anyway.

Oct 5, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #157 of 361
I've been coveting some JH audio IEMs ever since I heard the 16s a few years back at RMAF. This preview has just made it much MUCH harder to resist. I'll be there on Friday to check out the Roxannes and, more than likely, give in to temptation.

Oct 5, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #158 of 361
  Anti-hype seems to be very popular these days. Head-fi is all about passion for me, and that passion often translates to excitement and hope that something cool is on the horizon. If the X is actually a good product, regardless of whether it is eventually judged as better than the LCD-3, all this excitement and "hype" is warranted. Not sure why people get upset over hype. There is nothing wrong with hype and excitement. Nobody is making you spend your money and you don't need to guard other people's wallets--they have brains too. It's their call. You can hold onto your money and sketicism until a thousand reviews pour in for all I care. I don't come to Head-Fi to have a cold bucket of water thrown on me with a stark objective reality check. Work and life is boring as it is. If my hobby can't get me excited or hyped it's not worth it. I actually went to bed last night smiling because of the X. What other hobby can make me do that? So what if it becomes a dissapointment in the end. Most things in life are anyway.

AMEN brotha!!
Amen

I was merely responding to inquiries made after I shared my impressions.
If you intepreted two friends sharing their excitement over a new product hype,
well, then I guess we're constantly hyped!  We were both lucky enough to hear
it and like @warrenpchi said: We've been busting at the seems to share our excitement!

I'm also interested in discussing other things.  But man holding onto that, and being able
to finally express it here, is what we're all about right?  Sorry you interpreted our aims as a hype machine.

I'm pumped to hear the new Schiit!  Having also seen whats coming there - that's something I'm frothing 
at the ear to hear!!

Plus I'm looking forward to spending more time with Alex Cavalli's amps.  I was asked to aid a friend in
some tube-rolling on the Liquid Glass - and man is that a gorgeous piece!!

Oct 5, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #159 of 361

This is nothing in comparison with the AKG K812 thread...  
wink_face.gif

OMGNOMAX, lol. 
biggrin.gif
  Maxvla, you and nomax would NOT get along.

To be perfectly honest when Audez'e sent me that survey a few months back I asked them to produce a neutral LCD-3. Looks like I got my wish.

Yes, yes you did! 
biggrin.gif

Does anyone have any idea when the LCD-X will be ready to ship? Will it be available for Christmas?

Hmm, not sure.  I suspect that there will be more announced as we get closer to CanJam.

Anti-hype seems to be very popular these days. Head-fi is all about passion for me, and that passion often translates to excitement and hope that something cool is on the horizon. If the X is actually a good product, regardless of whether it is eventually judged as better than the LCD-3, all this excitement and "hype" is warranted. Not sure why people get upset over hype. There is nothing wrong with hype and excitement. Nobody is making you spend your money and you don't need to guard other people's wallets--they have brains too. It's their call. You can hold onto your money and skepticism until a thousand reviews pour in for all I care. I don't come to Head-Fi to have a cold bucket of water thrown on me with a stark objective reality check. Work and life is boring as it is. If my hobby can't get me excited or hyped it's not worth it. I actually went to bed last night smiling because of the X. What other hobby can make me do that? So what if it becomes a disappointment in the end. Most things in life are anyway.

The ever-continuing battle between hype and anti-hype... it's a good thing I think.  It brings The Force into balance.  I just wanted to chime in - as one of the few people that have heard it - to ward off all kinds of crazy speculation.

Oct 5, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #161 of 361
Pity hifiman is not coming out with anything new to give the new audezes a fair fight...

Oct 5, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #162 of 361
Originally Posted by mikemercer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

*snip*

I'm pumped to hear the new Schiit!  Having also seen whats coming there - that's something I'm frothing 
at the ear to hear!!

*snip*

So, imagine if you will the pairing of the new Audeze and the new Schiit...that's what I am doing!
biggrin.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Oct 5, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #163 of 361
Originally Posted by mikemercer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm frothing at the ear

eek.gif
  Better get that checked out...
biggrin.gif

Oct 5, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #164 of 361
So can I post now that I've heard the LCD-XC and LCD-X as well? (Although in prototype form, not the final production versions.)
tongue.gif

Unlike mikemercer and warrenpchi though, I was totally unimpressed by both of them. They were both just more of the Audeze house sound to me without adding anything substantial. Not much to get excited about IMO. Don't get me wrong, I think the Audeze LCD-2 and LCD-3 are good, but I don't think they're particularly great, and I thought the same of the new models too. Although it's possible the production versions sound different/better, I'm not holding my breath for anything groundbreaking personally.

Oct 5, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #165 of 361
Would anyone know if the new LCD models going to have the same crazy amp demands as the LCD3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back