CanJam at RMAF 2013 Preview (And Exclusive Early Reveals!) - Head-Fi TV
Oct 4, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #16 of 361
The LCD3 still siting on the highest price compare with these 2... $1945 vs 1799 and 1699. Can't wait to see what's their differences.

I have the LCD3 with silver widow cable, which I think it's the best headphone in the world for this price range. From their price I assume they all have very similar sound quality, more like different sound signature...

Oct 4, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #17 of 361
LCD-X
eek.gif

Finally a neutral Audez'e!

Oct 4, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #22 of 361
KILLER VIDEO Jude!

Keep kickin' some serious A__ brotha!
Will get this up in the RMAF social media stream ASAP!!

Being a bigtime fan and Audeze evangelist (thought my love for my LCD3 - reviewed HERE at PFO & The Daily Swarm)
I must admit that I haven't drooled for another pair of cans like I have since hearing the new LCD-X & LCD-XC!!!!

I simply can't WAIT to get the new LCD-X cookin' w/ my E.A.R HP4 & MYTEK Stereo-192 DSD DAC!  

I have a feeling, though I've only heard the new LCD and closed-backs w/ the Woo WA7 and Lehmann BCL (sounded terrific w/ both) that the pairing
of the LCD-X w/ my E.A.R may get me close to what I used to experience daily at Hp's place at The Absolute Sound

Just PUMPED!!
Hearing it was such a TEASE!!

Oct 4, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #24 of 361
Wow, this is quite a cornucopia of updates Jude! 
eek.gif
  And at 40 minutes final cut, I can only imagine how much work went into the prep and filming of it!  Excellent video man, and easily the most thrilling this year (with the possible exception of the Alpha Dog announcement). 
smile.gif

beerchug.gif

Okay, so now that it's been announced, I don't have to be so freakin' tight lipped about it. 
biggrin.gif
  Listen up you guys, the LCD-X is no mere revision to the LCD-2 and LCD-3.  There is a reason why it is named with a letter instead of being given the moniker of LCD-4.  Based on my audition, even at pre-production voicing, it is nothing less than a generational breakthrough in terms of sonic performance.

If you've been on the fence about going to CanJam 2013, just make your last-minute plans already.  That's probably going to be your first chance to hear (and order) the LCD-X.  How good is the LCD-X?  I would put this in my list of the top 5 best production headphones in the world (including stats).  Actually, correction, I would put the LCD-X in my list of top 5 best headphones in the world period... the other four being the Orpheus, SR-007 (which continues to be my personal favorite when paired with the right amp), SR-009 and Abyss.

And within it's price range, the LCD-X is easily the most revealing, accurate, transparent and (oddly enough because of its neutral voicing) emotive headphone out there.  If you care about headphone fidelity, you should experience this. Because this thing essentially takes the bar, and shoves it up everyone else's ass.

I've also been field testing a new LCD cable, which will soon be announced as well.  And while I have not heard this new cable in conjunction with the LCD-X, I feel safe in assuming that it will become the definitive LCD-X cable for me and many others... simply based upon what it has done for the LCD-3 (over a Cardas Clear cable mind you).

Oh, and that thing that Jude said about how Schiit might have some other surprises as well?  That is going to be incredibly - actually, I can't talk about that just yet. 
frown.gif
  But seriously, go to CanJam, just go.

Oct 4, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #25 of 361
Oh, and that thing that Jude said about how Schiit might have some other surprises as well?  That is going to be incredibly - actually, I can't talk about that just yet.  
frown.gif

Oh, schiit 
blink.gif
 I was just about to suit up my main listening station at home with some Bifrost/Lyr action, but if there's awesomesauce 'round the corner at CanJam...

Must...not...pull...trigger... /waits

Oct 4, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #26 of 361
wow LCD-X looks really nice, looks like i might need to start saving up for one....

Oct 4, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #28 of 361

frown.gif

Oh, schiit 
blink.gif
 I was just about to suit up my main listening station at home with some Bifrost/Lyr action, but if there's awesomesauce 'round the corner at CanJam...

Must...not...pull...trigger... /waits

I really wish I could say more about dat Schiit, but for now dat Schiit's gotta stay under wraps.  Just one more week...

wow LCD-X looks really nice, looks like i might need to start saving up for one....

The performance is phenomenal.  If you've ever thought to yourself... "I wish I could take the best parts of the LCD-2 and LCD-3 and do a mash-up, leaving out any flaws" - well then that thought is manifested in the LCD-X.

if it's better than LCD-3 at a cheaper price *shot* I bought my LCD-3 a month ago.

Well, the LCD-X will in no way make the LCD-3 sound worse. 
biggrin.gif
  And the LCD-3 is still a very, very, very enjoyable headphone.

But if I had to choose I would take the LCD-X in a heartbeat... just IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back