Canjam 2015 Socal Report by Currawong
Apr 17, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #16 of 20
Quote:billybob_jcv
 Great pics!

I am proud to say that even with all the photographers snapping pictures around me, I managed to avoid being in any of the pictures that everyone has posted. Whew!
tongue.gif

Yep, missed me too...!  
atsmile.gif

Apr 17, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #17 of 20
Quote:solitary man
  Did I read correctly? A lot of modded cans where at the Schiit table and others? That is totally unfair if someone wanted to hear cans or even amps and such for what they are. I would be one who would rather hear the truth in whatever pair of headphones (or amp, etc) I'm trying with them being totally stock. (I also do not believe in modding headphones myself personally, it's a very expensive gamble doing so, but that's just me).
This means the headphones I was able to try may not have been real. That's almost enough to make me never buy another set ever. I know I'll never attend CanJam again even though it was nice meeting the fine folks at Schiit and all. It's now no longer worth it to me.

Really...????  
blink.gif

I guess you don't believe in modding cars, or, changing lensmakers for your camera i.e. Sigma or Tamron lenses on your Nikon or Canon.

Mr. Speakers would have issue with you with his mods on the T50.

How do you know that the particular headphones you tried were modded?   

I modded my HD-800 with the anaxilus mod.  
basshead.gif
  but it's easily reversible 
L3000.gif

I have aftermarket cables such as Cardas, Equinox, Moon Audio, Norse, etc.   Would you have me  throw them away even though they improve the headphones for myself?  
rolleyes.gif

The manufacturers modify the headphones themselves during a production life. The HD650 now is not the same as the original HD650.   I could go on. 
eek.gif

In the end, you have to live with your outlook, but I am asking you to reconsider, as the manufacturers are not perfect. Some headphones beg to be modded. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 17, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #18 of 20
Wow Amos.
When someone looks up "reviewer/show photographer" in the dictionary, they see a picture of "you"!

You volunteer countless hours of personal time making sure that this forum stays steadfast and true, and you offer intuitive insight to it's functions.
That dedication is commendable and much appreciated by the membership.

Thanks for this and all of your posts and amazing contributions!

Apr 17, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #19 of 20
Thanks. 
beerchug.gif

I hope next time to do some interviews with people. I want to do something different from the usual "Here's a shiny new product!" type thing and more towards "Here's this interesting guy/team we know who has designed and manufactured this particular product for these reasons with these challenges." and also "Here is regular member Joe and [how he got dragged into the hobby by his mate Jude]." and "Here is unusually interesting member Bill who pulled apart his headphones after reading what another member did and put different materials in them to see how it would change the sound." and things like that. I'd need to plan my time at events better to do that though.

Apr 19, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #20 of 20
Thanks. :beerchug:

I hope next time to do some interviews with people. I want to do something different from the usual "Here's a shiny new product!" type thing and more towards "Here's this interesting guy/team we know who has designed and manufactured this particular product for these reasons with these challenges." and also "Here is regular member Joe and [how he got dragged into the hobby by his mate Jude]." and "Here is unusually interesting member Bill who pulled apart his headphones after reading what another member did and put different materials in them to see how it would change the sound." and things like that. I'd need to plan my time at events better to do that though.

+1 this is an excellent idea. Would be a very good read but a lot of work. Nice write up on SoCal canjam 2015. Appreciate all of your work and effort in supporting U.S. headfiers :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back