CanJam 2010 HiFiMAN New Product
May 25, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #31 of 113
Aww...not a budget ortho? My heart stopped when I saw HE-3...

May 26, 2010 at 3:37 AM Post #32 of 113
I am curious about the RE-Zero. Description and specs suggests better synergy with portable players, compared to the RE0. I however find the need to use an adapter from balanced to conventional 3.5mm jack cumbersome. I mean iPod Nano (or equivalents) users may want minimum cable hassle.

May 27, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #34 of 113
Could we get a description on the sound signature on the RE-ZERO? If it truly is the re0 with more bass then I must have them especially since they're limited to 1000 units.

May 27, 2010 at 7:07 PM Post #35 of 113
Comparing to RE0, RE-Zero has better detail, nicer mid and high, and lower impedance. On some source with little output, RE0 can not get enough bass, but RE-Zero is much easier to get more bass in such situation. But over all, if both RE0 and RE-Zero are sufficiently driven, RE-ZERO do not have more bass.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
May 27, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #37 of 113
Hey thanks for the quick update Nankai.  I was hoping it was goin to be a bit more bass but it does sound like you improved on everything the re0 was highly regarded for in the first place.  I wonder how they sound.

Being a limited run, are the RE-Zero's something you're only going to sell at CanJam? or are you going to have a set amount of them for pre-order / for sale via online?  Myself and others are all curious on whether or not to have someone go to CanJam to buy them for us or if we can just order them online.  After buying the original RE0 I can firmly say that I definitely want to get my hands on a limited edition one.

May 29, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #42 of 113
UH OH... Time to start saving again. 

Any pics on the HE-4's any time soon! The anticipation is making me giddy like a schoolgirl 
biggrin.gif

May 30, 2010 at 4:15 AM Post #43 of 113
Dammit Fang...

I saw the HE-6s and thought to myself "Ahhh, too much out of my spending realm for now" and then you have to go and add 30% off for previous HE customers and that drops it right into my price range.

The limited time promotion is a bit worrisome, but the sooner you get these boys on the market and onto people's ears, the better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back