CanJam 2009 Impressions
May 31, 2009 at 8:10 AM Post #151 of 636
Thanks, I wonder what that will set me back. Can someone get some more imfo on the woo dac please

May 31, 2009 at 8:12 AM Post #152 of 636
I am so glad I love my rig now, nothing I have seen makes me itch for new equipment. Maybe the HF2, but if that is all then I figure I am doing well.
rolleyes.gif

May 31, 2009 at 8:44 AM Post #156 of 636
If you would've told me last night that there wouldn't be a single decent review of the HF-2's after the first day of CanJam, I would've said "you're crazy, that's impossible".

Well, guess what?
rolleyes.gif
confused.gif

May 31, 2009 at 10:15 AM Post #160 of 636
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am so glad I love my rig now, nothing I have seen makes me itch for new equipment. Maybe the HF2, but if that is all then I figure I am doing well.
rolleyes.gif

You are Sennheiser fanboy (tbh I'm too) and there isn't slightest itch to get the HD800 !? I have to stay put for a while, cause my wallet needs rest and repair, but if I had funds i would buy it in a heartbeat.

May 31, 2009 at 10:27 AM Post #161 of 636
I was amazed today. First of all the ellusive HD800 is no longer ellusive.. They were laying around like apples fallen from the tree today. I'm a Senn fan and I gave them a listen. Very, very nice. Do a fantastic job of putting the sound outside of your head. I think I expected more POW!! for the money, but I did like them.

Overall, there was almost too much to see and do. I almost preferred the littler meet that was held at the Hilton earlier this year. That wasnt quite so overwhelming and a lot more relaxed. Maybe mid-sized meets are the way to go. Quite honestly a lot of dealers seemed tense, with all their expensive equipment being out on display.

Best part of the day for me was Steve Hoffman. Wow, I haven't heard a really good stereo in a long time and his talk -- illuminated with rare tracks -- almost brought tears to my eyes. That set up was great. Talk about putting music outside your head. I swore frank Sinatra and Ray Charles were in the room with me. Steve is just a very funny, laid back guy with fantastic stories to tell and great music to bring it all to life. I was, however, disappointed that the Von Schweiker speakers didn't make it to the show. I really wanted to hear those, although the PSB were impressive to say the least. (Though, I thought they choked a bit on some of the male vocals....*ahem*....)

May 31, 2009 at 10:32 AM Post #162 of 636
May 31, 2009 at 10:57 AM Post #163 of 636
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabeer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who's table is this with that NAD box on it?
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3631/3580307727_80b3ce8721_b.jpg/IMG][/i]
[/td] [/tr] [/table]

my guess is thats cetoole´s nad and hp-1. that amp also looks suspiciously like sachus CTH amp.
i also spot what looks like the pickebling SFI, but i cant remember who owned that [img]http://www.head-fi.org/forums/images/smilies/tongue_smile.gif

May 31, 2009 at 11:00 AM Post #164 of 636
Quote:

Originally Posted by bjarnetv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my guess is thats cetoole´s nad and hp-1. that amp also looks suspiciously like sachus CTH amp.
i also spot what looks like the pickebling SFI, but i cant remember who owned that
tongue_smile.gif

Pikerbling was Sachu's i think. Hmm so they had their own table...how strange!. Dammit now when are those guys gonna post the Audeze Planar Magnetic photo's!!!!!

May 31, 2009 at 11:13 AM Post #165 of 636
Ok, let's get going with the 'stat impressions. Enough with these silly dynamic setups. How is the Woo WES? Is it noticeably more powerful than the GES? And have release date and pricing been determined? Get on it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back