CanJam 2009 Impressions
Jun 3, 2009 at 4:40 AM Post #407 of 636
Quote:

Originally Posted by some1x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone compare Cary Xciter vs 300SEI?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
interested in this, too. the xciter looks amazing and initial reviews have been glowing.

A lot of us did a comparo between the Cary Xciter and the 300 at the NYC Spring meet, and everyone I spoke to, said they felt that the 300 was a notch above. Deeper bass extention was one of the assets on the 300SEI.

By the way, Dennis Had is the man. Last Friday, I received my Xciter DAC that I won, from the Charlotte meet
smile.gif
. I am going to hook it up directly out of my Transporter via digital coax, and then I'll try the Toslink.
It is built like a tank, and sounded superb at drubrew's table in NY. Drew sells lot's of Dennis' components.

Jun 3, 2009 at 4:58 AM Post #408 of 636
I've been trying to follow this thread, but there were a few manufacturers conspicuously absent from the meet, Denon, AKG, and AT to name a few. I would think that we represent a pretty good portion of thier business. At the very least a window into their future business.

Jun 3, 2009 at 6:20 AM Post #411 of 636
Pic of the room just before the raffle, featuring the man himself........Voltron

voltron.jpg

Here's a pic of Amb with all that beautiful equipment......

titable.jpg

And here is a closeup pic of Amb's table.....WOW!

titable2.jpg

Some impressions later.......

Jun 3, 2009 at 7:33 AM Post #413 of 636
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabeer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who's table is this with that NAD box on it?
3580307727_80b3ce8721_b.jpg

Are those modded YH1s on the table?

If so, god damn I want mine modded like that!

And I'm so going to try and make it to canjam next time round.

Jun 3, 2009 at 7:38 AM Post #414 of 636
The amb table was so cool...the amps were amazing...

and to the guy who asked the ultrasone zinos were really nice had a ridiculous of bass but i really liked them i will find it hard to find a reason to purchase them but i really want to...

Jun 3, 2009 at 7:41 AM Post #415 of 636
yes those are COlin's HP-1s with real nice stiff leather for the headband.

The NAD was a disappointment for me..damping needs to be changed...we had planned to try some damping schemes while we were there. But we got entagled in the non stop partying and never got around to it.
The Hp-1 of Colin's and my HP-2s were the most balanced of the headphones there..Colin preferred his HP-1 over my HP-2s while I preferred mine over his...albeit it by a small margin for the both of us.

Nikongod heard my SFI pickerings and thought that the mid bass was crowding the mids...and I knew this..my pickering have a bmp in the 100-220hZ range. He however was impressed with how the SFI's were able to produce the lower octaves..
biggrin.gif

Jun 3, 2009 at 8:23 AM Post #416 of 636
Quote:

Originally Posted by abellaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The amb table was so cool...the amps were amazing...

and to the guy who asked the ultrasone zinos were really nice had a ridiculous of bass but i really liked them i will find it hard to find a reason to purchase them but i really want to...

That was me asking about the Zino's, thanks. What is the likely price and release date?

Also good to hear a few things about Shure too. What's the soundstage like?

Jun 3, 2009 at 10:42 AM Post #418 of 636
Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarplayer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Diverter did:

P1013953.jpg

The Decoder is going to debut at RMAF instead.

Peace,

Lee

what's that ?? - looks amazing

Jun 3, 2009 at 11:37 AM Post #420 of 636
Quote:

Originally Posted by sachu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes those are COlin's HP-1s with real nice stiff leather for the headband.

Where did he get that headband?

And is anything done to those besides the headband?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back