CANCELLED:October 22nd Cincinnati meet
Oct 15, 2005 at 11:36 PM Post #46 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
Say my car cant exactly fit in a parking garage (unless its about 10ft)... what other parking options do I have?

there is parking all over clifton. the best thing would probably be to park behind deaconess hospital, which is very close to CCM and about where i live. the address there is 311 Straight street, cincinnati oh 45219.

Oct 16, 2005 at 1:12 AM Post #47 of 75
Quote:

Say my car cant exactly fit in a parking garage (unless its about 10ft)... what other parking options do I have?

What do you drive?
confused.gif

Oct 19, 2005 at 2:11 PM Post #49 of 75
Quote:

Lifted Jeep
icon10.gif

Well put it back. It's not nice to steal.
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
I think the Zana D has come around well enough that I might not have to send it back for a feed tube change. It's sounding good. I will see what you guys think. Based on a mathmatical layout and the research as to what to expect out of certain tube combinations, I have predetermined expectations as to what the amp should sound like. Then after recieving the amp I work it to get it to it's optimum, or I goofed up and radical changes have to be made. If the 6AN4's, as a feed tube, or one of it's substitutes, won't bring carma than I will change the feed tube to a 6SL7 and try again. An output tube and supporting electrical pieces only have a few feed tubes that will marry well with it. There are always exceptions to most of the rules such as my useing a 6AF4 tube for a try. Yes the Westinghouse 6AF4 crome top is a 6AN4 substitute, however with this amp, it should really have some bias change as well as resistor changes. But (the exception to the rule possibly here) it is sounding good without any changes to it's supporting electronics. Is it "OPTIMAL" in playing it's part? Well you will have input in deciding this.
confused.gif
rolleyes.gif
eek.gif
cool.gif

Oct 19, 2005 at 3:53 PM Post #51 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by tkam
LOL, oh and it looks like my modded Phillips will arrive in time for the meet
smily_headphones1.gif

You still havent gotten that yet!?!?! ...what, are they walking it out to you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey01
Well put it back. It's not nice to steal :

Haven't a clue what you are talking about
very_evil_smiley.gif
rolleyes.gif

Oct 19, 2005 at 4:41 PM Post #53 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by acs236
10 feet?! how much is it lifted?

Its only about 4" but it has the spare tire on the roof and a CB antenna... the spare took up half of my trunk so it had to go some place
icon10.gif

Oct 19, 2005 at 4:56 PM Post #54 of 75
Brain fart! Sorry.
icon10.gif

Oct 19, 2005 at 4:58 PM Post #55 of 75
Quote:

Its only about 4" but it has the spare tire on the roof and a CB antenna... the spare took up half of my trunk so it had to go some place
icon10.gif

Can we plug a headphone into it? I bet that spare tire has good bass slam. Bring it to the meet. We will make it a HeadFi/Offroad meet...... In the olden days, when I was growing up, if you "lifted" something from the store, it ment you stole it. So that is where i got......Oh nevermind.
rolleyes.gif
confused.gif
cool.gif

Oct 19, 2005 at 5:11 PM Post #56 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey01
Can we plug a headphone into it? I bet that spare tire has good bass slam. Bring it to the meet. We will make it a HeadFi/Offroad meet...... In the olden days, when I was growing up, if you "lifted" something from the store, it ment you stole it. So that is where i got......Oh nevermind.
rolleyes.gif
confused.gif
cool.gif

haha oh i know
icon10.gif
... back in the days when you can get a burger and fries for $.15
icon10.gif
....and I still insist that I stole nothing
icon10.gif

The tire is a bit dark, heavy and muddy sounding... not very refined, its quite rough around the edges but over all its performance is commendable
icon10.gif

Oct 19, 2005 at 11:34 PM Post #57 of 75
Any one in the Columbus area need a ride down?
smily_headphones1.gif

Hey Mikey....can you use 6sl7's in the ZANA? I have some military 6su7gty black glass tung sols if you can. Let me know and I will bring some. Do you use the sylvania 6AN4?

Oct 20, 2005 at 2:51 AM Post #58 of 75
PM'd you SACD. It came stock with some China/Russian???? 6an4's. However I would like to try some Sylvania/KenRad ect, ect 6AN4's, 6DZ4's ect.
cool.gif

Oct 20, 2005 at 3:40 PM Post #59 of 75
looks like i won't have the GCHA afterall, at least not in time for the meet. we should still have plenty of stuff to listen to, however.
wink.gif
does anyone have any questions on how to get to the meet location?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back