Canadians: Do you wear shoes in the house?
Jan 16, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #33 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
3. Rest of the world: this may be an interesting study on Canadians who have a difficult time defining themselves.

I didn't think Canadians had a difficult time defining themselves, it's news to me. We are a country born of immigration, as a Canadian since i was born (1983) different cultures in Canada have different rules as far as wearing shoes indoors it's hard to pin down when it is acceptable or not, so as a Canadian by default i take off my shoes as to avoid offending someone.

Canadians are accustomed to following the customs of others in their homes, i have always been this way as has every single Canadian i know.

Jan 19, 2010 at 11:57 PM Post #34 of 39
I never wear my shoes in the house

Snow and mud on the carpet is not ideal.

Jan 20, 2010 at 2:54 AM Post #35 of 39
I wear slippers all the time, but thats because my apartment is all hardwood. In Canada, you're wearing boots a few months of the year, do you want to be wearing those around the house?

Jan 20, 2010 at 2:55 PM Post #39 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by g4ry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I normally take them off. But on rare occasions I will wear shoes inside, depending on how much booze, puke, blood, etc is on the floor from the night before.

You must live in a frat house.

(addendum: I've lived in a frat house, so I'm not joking in the least about any of those three things)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back