Canadian Head-Fi'ers counting
Jun 27, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #228 of 301

So.........how's the project coming along?

Was about to show you. We finished 2 ear cups yesterday. The problem is we're waiting for the shoemaker to make the headband leather sleeve so right now we have no headband lol...

But still, here are some pics of what we've done. Hope you guys like it. I'll send a prototype to @Armaegis soon so he can test it.

Only to test the difference, I put 2 different drivers in each cup with to different build. The open-back cup sports a PX-100 II and the closed-back got a PortaPro driver.

We still have plenty of tests to make but for the assembly, it works pretty damm good. Some adjustments will have to be doen but nothing crazy. The Brainwavz HM5 ear pads fit perfectly and we also have kennerton leather pads but unfortunately we cannot find them at the moment because we just relocalised and they must be lost in a box somewhere haha. 

Also, the white foam we used in this prototype is only temporary as we had nothing else under the hand to use in the cups.

I'll be out for all night but if you guys ave any question regarding our project, don't hesitate to ask, I'll answer after the job.

Cheers!

Have you tried Grado drivers in your cups?

You might be interested in these Denon drivers. 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/764732/grado-black-walnut-cups-optional-drivers

Jun 28, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #229 of 301
I haven't tried any other drivers than the ones I named already. I will have to test with different drivers for sure but I've been really busy lately and haven't go the chance to work more on this project. Also, I'm still waiting on 2 pieces that need to be built again because I didn't design them right the first time. Once everything is done, I'll send them to a couple people for them to test them out and give me their opinion on them. Can't wait to get there.

Jun 28, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #232 of 301

It seems there are more Grado modders out there than any others, can you fit a Grado headband on these. 

I don't think so, I designed my own headband. I didn't care being able to fit another headband.

Do you plan on selling it as a package, with everything you need except drivers and cable?

Jul 20, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #234 of 301
Anybody know of a good place online (here in Canada preferabl) that I can get a 3.5mm connector? Everywhere I've found has hideous shipping rates, or has to come from China

My Grado mini adapter is crapping out, and I'm thinking about just saying to heck with it and just re-terminating my 125s.

Jul 20, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #235 of 301
  Anybody know of a good place online (here in Canada preferabl) that I can get a 3.5mm connector? Everywhere I've found has hideous shipping rates, or has to come from China

My Grado mini adapter is crapping out, and I'm thinking about just saying to heck with it and just re-terminating my 125s.

Take Five Audio.
DigiKey
Canada Computers

Shipping is by CanPost.

Jul 20, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #236 of 301

primecables.com

Jul 20, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #239 of 301
They're not in Canada, but BlueJeans Cables makes very good ICs, from Mogami and Canare.
I'm a bit wary of the connector quality with $3 cables....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back