Canadian Head-Fi'ers counting
Jul 21, 2015 at 6:12 AM Post #241 of 301
  Thanks all. Anybody try the Cardas HPI-A? Its a bit more than the grado mini adapter on Amazon.ca. I'm not convinced there'd be any sound difference, just wondering mostly about durability

I've tried this and there's no improvement. Get a generic adaptor instead and save your money.

Jul 28, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #243 of 301
  cablesonsale.ca  seems to be monoprice in Canada

At least it isn't Target.....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 11, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #246 of 301

Hi there,

I just joined after reading your post as I am in the Brantford Ontario area and looking for people with the same interests as me. I am also hoping to find out if there are similar meeting up here as there are in the US of A Eh.

I am an old one at 60.

Cheers Joe

Welcome to Head-fi, sorry about your wallet!

Feb 11, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #247 of 301

Hi there,

I just joined after reading your post as I am in the Brantford Ontario area and looking for people with the same interests as me. I am also hoping to find out if there are similar meeting up here as there are in the US of A Eh.

I am an old one at 60.

Cheers Joe

Welcome!

What kind of headphones are you using?

Feb 11, 2016 at 7:45 PM Post #248 of 301
Hello fellow Canadians!

Vancouverite here, anyone have any recommendations for local dealers for headphones?

I usually purchase directly from the manufacturers and have them ship it to my mailbox in the states... but given that our dollar is tanking this method might not be feasible anymore D:

Feb 11, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #249 of 301
  Hello fellow Canadians!

Vancouverite here, anyone have any recommendations for local dealers for headphones?

I usually purchase directly from the manufacturers and have them ship it to my mailbox in the states... but given that our dollar is tanking this method might not be feasible anymore D:

I've bought a few things from headphonebar.

Feb 11, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #250 of 301
Headphone Bar is good. I used to go there fairly often, up until they moved. The new location looks nice, but it's just a bit too far out of my way. Travis is a wonderful human being. There is also HiFi Headphones Canada, up Marine Drive. I've never been there before though. There are a couple of other audio stores that stock headphones on the side, but Headphone Bar covered most of my needs.

It's a tough time for us Canucks to buy things online. I found it best to curtail any and all material desires (good luck with that).

Feb 12, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #251 of 301

Thanks for the welcome. I am turning into a collector. God help me. Started with the Audio Technica M50. Then came the Grado 225i. After that I moved to the Shure SRH940 and when I am on the go the V-Moda crossfade 100's. My newest ones are the Koss ESP950 electrostatic. That is it...........until I hear something better?

Later

Feb 12, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #252 of 301

Thanks for the welcome. I am turning into a collector. God help me. Started with the Audio Technica M50. Then came the Grado 225i. After that I moved to the Shure SRH940 and when I am on the go the V-Moda crossfade 100's. My newest ones are the Koss ESP950 electrostatic. That is it...........until I hear something better?

Later

Well that's a nice collection.  How do you like the Koss ESP950? 

Mar 21, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #254 of 301
Hello everybody!

Posting from Mississauga Ontario!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back