Canadian Head-Fi'ers counting
Jun 7, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #212 of 301
  So.........how's the project coming along?

Was about to show you. We finished 2 ear cups yesterday. The problem is we're waiting for the shoemaker to make the headband leather sleeve so right now we have no headband lol...

But still, here are some pics of what we've done. Hope you guys like it. I'll send a prototype to @Armaegis soon so he can test it.

Only to test the difference, I put 2 different drivers in each cup with to different build. The open-back cup sports a PX-100 II and the closed-back got a PortaPro driver.

We still have plenty of tests to make but for the assembly, it works pretty damm good. Some adjustments will have to be doen but nothing crazy. The Brainwavz HM5 ear pads fit perfectly and we also have kennerton leather pads but unfortunately we cannot find them at the moment because we just relocalised and they must be lost in a box somewhere haha. 

Also, the white foam we used in this prototype is only temporary as we had nothing else under the hand to use in the cups.

I'll be out for all night but if you guys ave any question regarding our project, don't hesitate to ask, I'll answer after the job.

Cheers!

Jun 7, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #213 of 301

So.........how's the project coming along?

Was about to show you. We finished 2 ear cups yesterday. The problem is we're waiting for the shoemaker to make the headband leather sleeve so right now we have no headband lol...

But still, here are some pics of what we've done. Hope you guys like it. I'll send a prototype to @Armaegis soon so he can test it.

Only to test the difference, I put 2 different drivers in each cup with to different build. The open-back cup sports a PX-100 II and the closed-back got a PortaPro driver.

We still have plenty of tests to make but for the assembly, it works pretty damm good. Some adjustments will have to be doen but nothing crazy. The Brainwavz HM5 ear pads fit perfectly and we also have kennerton leather pads but unfortunately we cannot find them at the moment because we just relocalised and they must be lost in a box somewhere haha. 

Also, the white foam we used in this prototype is only temporary as we had nothing else under the hand to use in the cups.

I'll be out for all night but if you guys ave any question regarding our project, don't hesitate to ask, I'll answer after the job.

Cheers!

Those look very nice. 

I like the way you designed the enclosure for the driver, what sizes of driver can it fit?

You're going to need leather ear pads for the Koss drivers.

Jun 7, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #215 of 301
I do have leather ear pads, the Kennerton ones, but like I said, lost them in a box for the moment haha!

Right now we only made baffles that can receive 40mm drivers but we plan on extending the type of baffles. You only see one type of baffle on that picture too but there's another kind that goes 5mm further from the ear that isn't on the picture. Haven't tested that one yet.

Jun 7, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #216 of 301
  I do have leather ear pads, the Kennerton ones, but like I said, lost them in a box for the moment haha!

Right now we only made baffles that can receive 40mm drivers but we plan on extending the type of baffles. You only see one type of baffle on that picture too but there's another kind that goes 5mm further from the ear that isn't on the picture. Haven't tested that one yet.

Have you listened to the PX100 in those cups?

Jun 7, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #218 of 301

Here's a couple of pics of some cups I made for someone this week.

Black walnut and Macassar Ebony.

Awesome cups, do you make them on a wood tower (don't know if the translation from french is correct)?

I think you mean lathe...but no I just cut the basic shape with hole saw's and then use electric sanders to make whatever design I want.

Jun 7, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #222 of 301
Yes I did. Not for long enough though. The way it's assembled right now it doesn't fit my taste. Sounds very warm (almost muffled in my opinion). Out of 4 people listening to them, they were the most popular though. Everybody loved the result but me. I'll tune it differently this week and try to make it right to me. 

Jun 7, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #223 of 301
  Yes I did. Not for long enough though. The way it's assembled right now it doesn't fit my taste. Sounds very warm (almost muffled in my opinion). Out of 4 people listening to them, they were the most popular though. Everybody loved the result but me. I'll tune it differently this week and try to make it right to me. 

I believe it's the earpads you're using, do you have any Grado L -Cush. It might sound better closed with those pads made out of memory foam and valor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back