Canada upsets Russia 7-3
Feb 25, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #17 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sweden were knocked out? Ah shucks.

Slovakia is hot, apparently.

Feb 25, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #19 of 31
Russkie igrali prosto ujasno - osobenno v zaschite! I Nabokov v shtani nalagil blin. (shakes head)
frown.gif

I go for Finland now.

Feb 26, 2010 at 12:40 PM Post #23 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canuck57 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here in Canada we just call it hockey, not "ice hockey!" Anyone who hasn't grown up with the game calls it ice hockey....

google hockey here and you get England Hockey

its also mainly a womans thing

"The game spread throughout the British Empire, largely due to the British Army and this is one reason why India, Pakistan and Australia are so formidable (all were British colonies). Today, field hockey is played all over the world by a variety of countries and field hockey is currently recognised as the second largest team sport in the world, after football."

Feb 26, 2010 at 2:05 PM Post #24 of 31
Seriously? Well over her we don´t have field hockey and ice hockey is definiatly the biggest sport... Okay football is larger of course but not more loved
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 26, 2010 at 3:40 PM Post #26 of 31
Many strong European hockey countries...just not as strong as Canada. : )

Feb 26, 2010 at 8:21 PM Post #27 of 31
Well Sweden is out so Canada won´t have to win that much but still Slovakia and then perhaps Finland.

I really feel sorry about Finland though. They start the game better then the US. Then Kiprusoff makes a huuuuge blunder and 1-0. Then stupid interference 2-0... Another interference 3-0... 100 % efficiency from the US team so far lol.

Feb 26, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #28 of 31
6-0 nuts
biggrin.gif

Feb 26, 2010 at 10:29 PM Post #29 of 31
I remember the time when U.S.S.R team beat the hell out off all the rest of the world, but I was always fascinate how Canadians were playing, loved those games, but also Czechs, Suomi and Sweden. The most pity thing is, the real Russian, Soviets would be more correctly, school are gone at the moment they went to US and Canada, playing for profs. The time when Valeri Kharlamov plaid were the gold age one, miss them a lot.

At the end, the strongest wins.

Feb 26, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #30 of 31
Yes C.C.C.P on big ice was real beauty... Best hockey team that ever existed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back