Canada Post is a joke
Apr 19, 2007 at 3:22 AM Post #16 of 66
Wow. Wow. You need to, you know, chill out a little here. A late package is hardly the end of the world.

Also, it's worth noting that Expedited service is not at all Canada Post's fastest shipping method - that would be XpressPost, which is incredibly speedy and has (in my experience) better tracking than regular services.

And FWIW, I've never ever had a problem with Canada Post, and I've done a lot of business with them in recent months.

Apr 19, 2007 at 3:28 AM Post #18 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry for the lack of impatience. But you gotta understand that its my only pair of headphones!

Yep, it's hard to chill out when you got no headphones.

Apr 19, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #20 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, you know that it actually has to clear US customs, so that could be your bottle neck, not Canada Post.

Obviously, Canadian customs will let anything in to this country without a second thought. That's why Red already has his package.
wink.gif

Red has his package, and probably a hefty bill from UPS for the expedited customs brokerage they do. I try to avoid shipping anything internationally with UPS because of the ridiculous brokerage fees on items of small to moderate value (ie. < $1000).

I'll echo some of the other statements here. Expedited isn't that fast, and the tracking is awful, but it's inexpensive and reliable. Also, why do you expect CP to be able to track your package outside of the country? As others have said, it's very likely that this has been passed to USPS or US customs already. You won't get any tracking data once it leaves the country, except delivery confirmation.

Personally I've never had a problem. For the price, it's great value, and at least nationally it's quite speedy and more convenient (ie. I don't have to be at my house and can pick it up a few blocks away at the post office the day it arrives).

Chill! My biggest shipping nightmare was when a friend shipped me her laptop for safekeeping and some minor repair when she left from Wyoming to stay in Kenya for a few months. The 'helpful' clerk at the UPS office she shipped from helped her declare it as being worth $2000, despite the fact that it was purchased in Canada and thus was exempt from taxes and duties, and that it was not a purchase by me. I ended up having to fork out over $300 to receive the package, over $100 of which was for UPS's brokerage fees. I managed to get the UPS portion waived, but I'm still waiting to get a refund from Canada Customs. I'd say losing $300 is a little worse than shipping taking about as long as I'd expect. Canada Post quotes 6-12 business days for Expediated USA. You're just a hair past the lower limit on that right now, so I wouldn't get too worked up. You're not even outside the expected service goals yet.

Apr 19, 2007 at 3:50 AM Post #22 of 66
simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

Apr 19, 2007 at 4:27 AM Post #25 of 66
NP
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 19, 2007 at 4:33 AM Post #26 of 66
As has been said before... you're barely over the lower limit for the delivery standards. If you're so impatient, next time spring for XpressPost, which is ridicu-fast and has great tracking.
tongue.gif

Apr 19, 2007 at 4:39 AM Post #27 of 66
I once bought a cable over ebay and he shipped it via Canadian Post airmail. The cable took nearly 3 months to get from Canada to Singapore which probably slower than other surface mails.

Apr 19, 2007 at 5:02 AM Post #28 of 66
This is why you should not use expedited parcel for international shipments. The last one I used took 3 weeks. Use Xpresspost for 3-4 day delivery to the US (faster going from Canada to US via Xpresspost than US to Canada via Global Express).

Apr 19, 2007 at 5:11 AM Post #29 of 66
Nothing than good experience with Canada post, I won a Grado SR-60 here from GlendaleViper and he sent the headphone on Tuesday and I received them on Thursday. That's a pretty long distance covert if you ask me from Toronto to my home in Holland.

Apr 19, 2007 at 8:41 AM Post #30 of 66
Canada Post and USPS are 100x better than the devil-spawn that is UPS. I know better than to ever get something shipped with them, but I recently ordered a $175 item and accidentally got it shipped with UPS. The charge when it came to my door (in addition to the $15 shipping cost) was $65. UPS needs to burn in hell.

And like someone else said, the tracking ceases to show up on the site once it's past the border, including when going from US to CAN. You have to enter that tracking number in the other site's tracking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back