Can you trust Audeze?
Jan 18, 2012 at 10:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

MetalElvis

100+ Head-Fier
Thinking about getting the LCD-3, but I have read so much about people returning their LCD-3s with various problems, the main problem being the veiled mids issue.

Now I´m thinking that Audeze will just refurbish these problematic phones and send them as new to new customers. That is fraud!

If I buy them, I want a fresh new ones, not refurbished! So can I trust that Audeze won´t do this?

Jan 18, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #2 of 17
Quote:
Now I´m thinking that Audeze will just refurbish these problematic phones and send them as new to new customers. That is fraud!

If I buy them, I want a fresh new ones, not refurbished! So can I trust that Audeze won´t do this?

You're over thinking things a bit much and coming up with some irrational assumptions.  Do you really think Audeze would jeopardize their reputation and status as a company by doing something like that?  Besides, I see nothing wrong with reusing the wooden cups and fitting them with a new pair of drivers and earpads and selling them as new.

Also, you want "fresh" new ones?  Are we talking about headphones here or a loaf of bread?

Jan 19, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #3 of 17

Quote:
Thinking about getting the LCD-3, but I have read so much about people returning their LCD-3s with various problems, the main problem being the veiled mids issue.

Although quality control is lacking, the service of the company and its dealership is impeccable.  I exchanged 2 pairs of LCD-3 due to faulty drivers, no questions asked at all.  They gladly brought me a new headphone to my home every time.  What else can I ask for?  Kudos to their service. 

Jan 19, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #4 of 17

Quote:

Although quality control is lacking, the service of the company and its dealership is impeccable.  I exchanged 2 pairs of LCD-3 due to faulty drivers, no questions asked at all.  They gladly brought me a new headphone to my home every time.  What else can I ask for?  Kudos to their service. 

Quote:
Quote:

You're over thinking things a bit much and coming up with some irrational assumptions.  Do you really think Audeze would jeopardize their reputation and status as a company by doing something like that?  Besides, I see nothing wrong with reusing the wooden cups and fitting them with a new pair of drivers and earpads and selling them as new.

Also, you want "fresh" new ones?  Are we talking about headphones here or a loaf of bread?

I completely concur.  I had a few minor issues with my LCD-2r1 (cables and box), and Audeze was EXEMPLARY with their service, very quick to respond and replace (without even asking for the original items returned).  Of all headphone dealers I would most highly recommend Audeze.  Hats off to a company that puts the consumer first!

Jan 19, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #5 of 17

Quote:
Quote:

Well that is easy said! If I was paying $2000.00 it better be completely brand new. That is just the point this is not a loft of bread but some serious money and reusing any part of it would be "fraud".

Jan 21, 2012 at 2:54 AM Post #6 of 17
Not sure why people are throwing around the word "fraud" nor do i understand the logic that the returned headphones should be dropped in the trash. I also dont see where any customer or audeze signed a contract stating that this was part of the deal. In all honesty i'd actually prefer a fully repaired and completely scrutinized headphone over another grab bag, so to speak. A product warranty is there for a reason, often citing repair or replacement at the manufacturers discretion, and i'd expect the headphone industry to function no differently.

Jan 21, 2012 at 8:12 AM Post #7 of 17
One particular Warren Zevon album comes to mind......

Jan 21, 2012 at 8:17 AM Post #8 of 17
If they sell a refurbished unit as new, then that is indeed fraud. However i do not see any evidence of this having happened, so i dont see why anyone is saying that this is so.
They can replace a faulty unit with a refurbished one, which is within their rights, but not resell it as being brand new.

Jan 21, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #9 of 17

Quote:
Well that is easy said! If I was paying $2000.00 it better be completely brand new. That is just the point this is not a loft of bread but some serious money and reusing any part of it would be "fraud".

Metal Elvis was talking about a return of a faulty unit.
So I assume that if you were to purchase a brand new car for $30 000 or more and upon delivery found that one of the headlights was out that you would demand a brand new vehicle - get serious.

Jan 21, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #10 of 17

Quote:
Metal Elvis was talking about a return of a faulty unit.
So I assume that if you were to purchase a brand new car for $30 000 or more and upon delivery found that one of the headlights was out that you would demand a brand new vehicle - get serious.

Please properly read Metal Elvis statement as quoted:

"Now I´m thinking that Audeze will just refurbish these problematic phones and send them as new to new customers. That is fraud!"

His concern is not about a faulty unit returned; but assumes Audeze just will redo the return and sell them as new to someone else. Totally different consideration from your scenario.

I agree however if I were to have Audieze repair my original phones and than return the same to me fixed, but definitely not to take my phones and refurbish them and have a new customer cheap out of his/her hard earned money as a new phone.

Jan 21, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #11 of 17
Maybe they need couple of German guys to do the production control, however their salary probably increase already the high price, hmm, dilemma, to do or not to do
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 21, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #12 of 17

Quote:
Please properly read Metal Elvis statement as quoted:

"Now I´m thinking that Audeze will just refurbish these problematic phones and send them as new to new customers. That is fraud!"

His concern is not about a faulty unit returned; but assumes Audeze just will redo the return and sell them as new to someone else. Totally different consideration from your scenario.

I agree however if I were to have Audieze repair my original phones and than return the same to me fixed, but definitely not to take my phones and refurbish them and have a new customer cheap out of his/her hard earned money as a new phone.

My apologies.

Jan 22, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #13 of 17
There are two types of support a vendor can provide its customers. The first is reactive support where customer issues are addressed as they arise. Solely relying on reactive support methods does not pay long-term dividends in sharply contested markets. Online media and search engine optimizations have multiplied the effect that negative product reviews or opinions have upon a brand.

The second is proactive, where user feedback is listened to and adjustments are made to production and quality control protocols to help counter the need for lots of reactive support. Bottom line is no matter how good your reactive support is, damage from negative reviews or customer experience will damage market share percentages over time. Once you move up to $2K for a pair of phones, quality assurance is a big deal.  

Jan 22, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #14 of 17

Quote:
There are two types of support a vendor can provide its customers. The first is reactive support where customer issues are addressed as they arise. Solely relying on reactive support methods does not pay long-term dividends in sharply contested markets. Online media and search engine optimizations have multiplied the effect that negative product reviews or opinions have upon a brand.

The second is proactive, where user feedback is listened to and adjustments are made to production and quality control protocols to help counter the need for lots of reactive support. Bottom line is no matter how good your reactive support is, damage from negative reviews or customer experience will damage market share percentages over time. Once you move up to $2K for a pair of phones, quality assurance is a big deal.  

Agreed!

Jan 22, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #15 of 17

Quote:

Well you could ask for $2000 headphones to work for 15-20 years without any significant problems...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back