Apr 4, 2009 at 5:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

GZ95

New Head-Fier
Can you suggest the portable amp for my westone ES3X

Now I'm choose between P-51 Mustang and iQube

or if you have more choice plz tell me.

Thank

Apr 5, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #2 of 5
well my first recommendation would be a lisa III, but that may be out of your budget or it might be too large for you. out of those 2 I would say iqube. pico would be a good match too FWIR. I recently sold mine. now I havent heard the ES3X yet; getting mine in 3-4 weeks. but I have westone 3 and custom tips. now they apparently are quite different, but closer than any other universal I would imagine. I think by the sounds of it, the more transparent/less coloured amps will sound the best with the ES3X. the soundstage and extension of iQUBE should really make them sing. if you can justify it though I really dont see another choice other than lisa III for ultimate SQ. another one to consider is the ibasso D10, which is turning out to be a real surprize package. not only is the DAC section very flexible (USB, optical, COAX) but the amp section is really very, very good. IMO it beats the pico with dac and predator. plus you can customize the sound to youre liking by rolling the op-amps. and if you want the best sounding portable rig going (IMHO) combine it with an iriver H120-H140 and use it via optical. then you bypass the inferior sounding dac in your dap can also be used as DAC only with your favourite amp (in my case Lisa III) to provide SQ that is IMO totally competitive with home equipment that costs more. I have comopared it to my RME fireface audio interface (about $1500USD worth of ADC/DAC ) and the dac competes very well. add that to your ES3X and you have the current pinnacle in sound quality on the move.

bty the way

welcome to head-fi!! i'd apologize for your wallet, but seems i'm too late :p I assume youve been lurking for a while and first time poster yes??

Apr 5, 2009 at 5:06 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well my first recommendation would be a lisa III, but that may be out of your budget or it might be too large for you. out of those 2 I would say iqube. pico would be a good match too FWIR. I recently sold mine. now I havent heard the ES3X yet; getting mine in 3-4 weeks. but I have westone 3 and custom tips. now they apparently are quite different, but closer than any other universal I would imagine. I think by the sounds of it, the more transparent/less coloured amps will sound the best with the ES3X. the soundstage and extension of iQUBE should really make them sing. if you can justify it though I really dont see another choice other than lisa III for ultimate SQ. another one to consider is the ibasso D10, which is turning out to be a real surprize package. not only is the DAC section very flexible (USB, optical, COAX) but the amp section is really very, very good. IMO it beats the pico with dac and predator. plus you can customize the sound to youre liking by rolling the op-amps. and if you want the best sounding portable rig going (IMHO) combine it with an iriver H120-H140 and use it via optical. then you bypass the inferior sounding dac in your dap can also be used as DAC only with your favourite amp (in my case Lisa III) to provide SQ that is IMO totally competitive with home equipment that costs more. I have comopared it to my RME fireface audio interface (about $1500USD worth of ADC/DAC ) and the dac competes very well. add that to your ES3X and you have the current pinnacle in sound quality on the move.

bty the way

welcome to head-fi!! i'd apologize for your wallet, but seems i'm too late :p I assume youve been lurking for a while and first time poster yes??

Thank For your answer

Apr 6, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #4 of 5
I have both the iQube and iBasso D10. They both sound excellent with my IEMs, and I look forward to auditioning them with my ES3Xs when they arrive. I fully expect both to sound superb!

If you have budget constraints, it would not surprise me if the iBasso T-4 performs very well also.

That said, many have reported that the ES3X sounds quite good directly from the DAP without external amplification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back