Can you recommend headphones for less that $100?
Jun 15, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #18 of 22
I'd recommend a MS1 for a OPEN can. The SR60i are good too. But Bass is heavier on the SR60 which definitely excels on rock and alternative and I find that the MS1 just shines for most music genre.

For a CLOSED can, try the Denon D1001 and the JVS HA700 which I find both very nice sounding but the HA700 is quite big and might not appeal to you sister.

For bortable the PX series from sennheiser are very good in my opinion. They are foldable too. =)

Jun 15, 2009 at 7:40 AM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by brn80 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Canadian price = US price + 25-50%
Futureshop price = Canadian (internet/audio store) prices + 25%
tongue.gif
At least what I've noticed

To the OP, as you've noticed you've gotten a lot of responses. There's a myriad of choices with a few being good all-rounder.

Do you know if she will be using this for portable use? from her PC? She is more into fashion vs. looks? What kind of music does she tend to listen to?
We might be able to narrow down the recommendations a little.

Hi there, she will mostly be using them out and about with an MP3 players and I am sure she is not the slightest bit worried what they look like. Her music tastes are more rock/guitar than dance/electronic but were talking Van Morrison rather than Metallica!

Jun 15, 2009 at 8:30 AM Post #22 of 22
Rocker? No amp? $100 budget? Not-so-fashionista?

All those criteria screams "Grado!", and nothing else. Buy whatever you can afford for $100 (new or used, your personal preference), or get the cousin, Alessandro MS-1 (made by Grado) for $100 shipped worldwide.

Unless isolation is a must.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back