Can you put xb 700/500/1000 ear pads on an " Audio Technica ATH-Pro 700 mk2" ?
Jan 30, 2013 at 1:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

cumonureds

New Head-Fier
i am thinking of getting the ATH 700 mk2s becuase of all the awesome reviews it has got... i am a basshead and have never bought any over ear headphones of somesort... i only ever use ipod buds... the only over ear experience i have ever had are my sister's studio beats.... i love techno music, minimal, tech house and deep house music...anything with loads of bass!! i love clubbing and getting thrown away by the waves of bass!!! this is why i think it is time to get some decent headphones!! i think the Audio Technica 700 mk2 are the ones!! 

my only worry is the fact that they aren't that compfortable and i have found out that you can use the ATH M50 pads to get it more cumfy!!! i actually LOVE the massive pads on the xb series, so i was wondering if it was possible to change the stock ATH 700 mk2 pads with the xb 700s for example!!!

would that change the sound in any way??

thanx!!

Jan 30, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #2 of 3
If you're basshead and  you can listen to those beats, and you love XB pads, WHY DON'T YOU SIMPLY BUY AN XB500/XB700? 
biggrin.gif

These are made to guys like you.

Jan 31, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #3 of 3
true... very true... but the Audio Technica are much better headphones in general!! the sound quality and bass as i have been told are something special, so that is why i am leaning towards them... the xb series seem to have the most comfortable pads, and they just look cool!!! so this is why i am asking... can you put the xb pads on an ATH-Pro 700 mk2??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back