Can you compare Audio Technica cks70 to ckm50 and ckm70
Nov 25, 2009 at 12:51 AM Post #3 of 6
I believe there is a comparison by the author of the bass ahoy thread between the two phones. I don't have time to search but if you search for posts by that author I think you will find something. If I remember correctly the 50 has less bass and is not quite as detailed but find the thread and read it for yourself as my memory might be off.

Nov 25, 2009 at 5:52 AM Post #5 of 6
right my mistake in missing the M and S on this one. Kinda like people missing A vs AD in the open and closed fullsize headphones. Please disregard my earlier post.

Nov 25, 2009 at 6:11 AM Post #6 of 6
I can't help with the cks70, but I have the ckm50 and ckm70.

ckm50 are entry/mid level phones that are easily driven, very comfortable and have nice bass. I believe they're worth the money but some Chinese IEMs like the Soundmagics might be better bang for buck.

The ckm70 are completely different beasts, they sound really bad with most DAPs I tried, colored and congested. When I first tried them I actually thought I had gotten a defect pair. Only later I discovered that they need a lot of oooomph to sound good, more than an average HPO will provide. They sound really good when amped and have great synergy with the AMP3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back