Can we have a new function for the 'ignore list'
Mar 10, 2008 at 3:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

chesebert

18 Years An Extra-Hardcore Head-Fi'er
I have about 15 members on my ignore list; with the current function of the ignore list I am protected from their messages ONLY in their own posts, and not when others quote their messages.

Is there anyway we can enhance the ignore list so I don't have to read anything posted by those 15 members?

Mar 10, 2008 at 4:19 AM Post #2 of 42
I think that would probably be a pretty tough function to add- the webserver would have to parse everything before sending it to you to see if it had been wrapped in a
.. said:
wrapper. That would be seriously slow. That's a lot more processor intensive than how it would do it now.

Mar 10, 2008 at 4:25 AM Post #3 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think that would probably be a pretty tough function to add- the webserver would have to parse everything before sending it to you to see if it had been wrapped in a [quot[e]=..] wrapper. That would be seriously slow. That's a lot more processor intensive than how it would do it now.

but processing power is so cheap these days
wink.gif

Mar 10, 2008 at 4:29 AM Post #5 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even cheaper if you manually ignored them...
biggrin.gif

easier said than done
mad.gif

Mar 10, 2008 at 4:31 AM Post #6 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
easier said than done
mad.gif

X2

I have tried with no luck, and I have only a couple, but the only solution for those, is just the black cell!!!

Mar 10, 2008 at 5:59 AM Post #8 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's an ignore list?

x2, I did not know we even had one?

Mar 10, 2008 at 6:04 AM Post #9 of 42
yeah, there's a couple I keep meaning to put on the list.. but never seemed to get round to it..

Mar 10, 2008 at 6:16 AM Post #10 of 42
Craig, please don't put me on your ignore list. I promise I'll be nicer.
biggrin.gif

I think I've got one person on my ignore list because it was apparent in more than one thread that they were going out of their way to irritate me.

Mar 10, 2008 at 11:24 AM Post #12 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but processing power is so cheap these days
wink.gif

Fine... you pay for it then if it bothers you that much.

Mar 10, 2008 at 11:49 AM Post #13 of 42
I highly doubt that this is an easy task, both software wise and on the hardware side of things. If quotes were treated as individual posts that are shown inside anther post rather than as text in the post with a bit of information around it, it could be feasonable. That's not how it works though.
frown.gif

Mar 10, 2008 at 11:55 AM Post #14 of 42
how do you ignore someone. i did it before the crash but i cannot remember how to do it now. i think this is also a test. if either of you mates respond to me, then i know i am not on your ignore list... otherwise, it is time for me to shape up

Mar 10, 2008 at 12:02 PM Post #15 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how do you ignore someone. i did it before the crash but i cannot remember how to do it now. i think this is also a test. if either of you mates respond to me, then i know i am not on your ignore list... otherwise, it is time for me to shape up

Go to someones profile, then click the "Add XXX to ignore list".

Add shigzeo to Your Ignore list.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back