Can This Guy Be For Real? (Ebay Tube Seller)
Jan 10, 2006 at 3:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

TheGhostWhoWalks

500+ Head-Fier
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZaswartzel4xouQQhtZ-1

That's a hell of a deal for those tubes if he's for real. I'd especially love those RCA Black glasses. Hell, I'd buy them all if I could confirm he was for reall. I'm almost tempted to just buy them and, well, if it's a scam, I can probably get my money back from paypal...

Jan 10, 2006 at 5:15 PM Post #2 of 16
you cant go wrong at that price, even if they are fake, oh well, right?
but now you've notified all your major competitors - your fellow tuberollers on head-fi. let the games begin!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 10, 2006 at 5:22 PM Post #4 of 16
haha! mine just boggles the eyes because i slaved away at hotlinking a lot of my gear for reference!
tongue.gif

Jan 10, 2006 at 5:51 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGhostWhoWalks
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZaswartzel4xouQQhtZ-1

That's a hell of a deal for those tubes if he's for real. I'd especially love those RCA Black glasses. Hell, I'd buy them all if I could confirm he was for reall. I'm almost tempted to just buy them and, well, if it's a scam, I can probably get my money back from paypal...

Those tubes will go for much more than the current cost. You will see these low initial bids explode once the time begins to run down.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 10, 2006 at 6:05 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover
Those tubes will go for much more than the current cost. You will see these low initial bids explode once the time begins to run down.
very_evil_smiley.gif

You got that right. Nobody wants to run the price up with an early bidding war. Tube affectionado's bidding in EBAY are wise not to do this. All the run up in bids happen in the last 15 min. left.
tongue.gif

Jan 10, 2006 at 7:06 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey01
You got that right. Nobody wants to run the price up with an early bidding war. Tube affectionado's bidding in EBAY are wise not to do this. All the run up in bids happen in the last 15 min. left.
tongue.gif

Quote:

very_evil_smiley.gif

I guess that's the problem. Oh well. Just wanted to make sure the guy was legit. This would be my first purchase from an eBay tube guy. I figured I might give it a go as there are a lot of good deals on there. I sell alot more than I buy on eBay anyway.

Jan 10, 2006 at 7:59 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

very_evil_smiley.gif

Precisely.

Why wouldn't he be/look legit to you? 139 feedback score with 100% positive. Looks fine to me.

Jan 10, 2006 at 9:03 PM Post #10 of 16
Note eBay membership since 1997. This is not a fly-by-night. He's been on eBay for over eight years with perfect feedback. That quad of Syl's is seriously tempting
tongue.gif

Jan 10, 2006 at 11:47 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
can you condense your signature a little, TheGhostWhoWalks? it makes Jahn's look unobtrusive
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, unobtrusive. With a post as inane as this one is I wouldn't be quite so quick in the future to be accusing others of being dumb. You know what they say: People who live in glass houses...

Jan 11, 2006 at 12:38 AM Post #12 of 16
I don't see anything wrong with the auction, he is just setting a low starting price, but like Earl said, they will top out much higher then they are now. I would jump on the wagon, if I were you!
tongue.gif

Jan 11, 2006 at 12:47 AM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by KZEE
Yes, unobtrusive. With a post as inane as this one is I wouldn't be quite so quick in the future to be accusing others of being dumb. You know what they say: People who live in glass houses...

you clearly didn't see the signature before he changed it.

Jan 11, 2006 at 1:24 AM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey01
tongue.gif

My experiences on EBay are more like a basketball game. The run up happens in the last 15 seconds!
eek.gif
Seriously, it is best not to play your hand too early. Wait until the clock runs down and know your limit.

Jan 11, 2006 at 2:35 AM Post #15 of 16
Like everyone else said that seller looks legit to me and the tube pictures are consistant with the pictures I've seen of each variety. You might want to find out if they've been screened for noise, the early 6SN7s are notorious for being microphonic and noisy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back