Can the Buffalo DAC compete with Hi-End DACs?
Jun 11, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #31 of 32
DoYouRight - Now that the Buffalo II is available for pre-order, and I'm nearly done building my M3 headphone amp, I'm looking for some help with integrating the Buffalo II into the project. Anyone got a pointer to where I can find out how to get the basic unit up and running into the project? I cant even tell from the Twisted Pear website what I'd need to buy in addition to the DAC they sell. The board looks bare, but I cant see what else is needed. Anyone with experience to assist?  Not sure I can wait for Tai to finish the design on his DIY DAC, though I expect it will be quite good!

Jun 13, 2010 at 6:36 AM Post #32 of 32

Quote:
DoYouRight - Now that the Buffalo II is available for pre-order, and I'm nearly done building my M3 headphone amp, I'm looking for some help with integrating the Buffalo II into the project. Anyone got a pointer to where I can find out how to get the basic unit up and running into the project? I cant even tell from the Twisted Pear website what I'd need to buy in addition to the DAC they sell. The board looks bare, but I cant see what else is needed. Anyone with experience to assist?  Not sure I can wait for Tai to finish the design on his DIY DAC, though I expect it will be quite good!

You'll need:

A buffalo module and power supply for it (placid ps)
An IVY III linestage and power supply for it (placid bipolar ps)
A reciever board (USB, s/pdif or s/pdif/toslink unit)
Two transformers (2x15v for ivy, 2x9v for buffalo) (tpa sell them too)
Wiring, connectors (iec, rca etc) and a case

Users who are viewing this thread

Back