Can Sonata HD Pro drive...?
Aug 18, 2021 at 5:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

abouttorain7

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm a newbie and I'd like to know if Sonata HD Pro can totally drive these IEMs:

Etymotic ER2SE
Impedance : 15 ohms
Sensitivity : 96 dB/mW

Tin Hifi T2 Plus
Sensitivity : 104 ± 3dB @1 kHzV 0.126V dB/mW
Impedance : 32 ohms

Note: I'd like to listen to classical music.

THANKS! :relaxed:

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2021 at 5:42 AM Post #2 of 3
Hi, I'm a newbie and I'd like to know if Sonata HD Pro can totally drive these IEMs:

Etymotic ER2SE
Impedance : 15 ohms
Sensitivity : 96 dB/mW

Tin Hifi T2 Plus
Sensitivity : 104 ± 3dB @1 kHzV 0.126V dB/mW
Impedance : 32 ohms

THANKS! :relaxed:

I haven't tried the ER2SE, but the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro can surely drive the Tin T2 Plus well.

The stock Tempotec Sonata HD Pro auto adjusts the output based on the connected IEM's impedance. There's a way to trick the HD Pro to output at max 2V all the time, by connecting a 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm adapter to it, then connecting the IEM onto the adapter.

Some of the more adventerous folks (myself included) went to flash a BHD firmware from Tempotec's website on it. This makes it almost doubly as loud, and it can drive more things with this firmware (do at own risk though).

Aug 18, 2021 at 5:50 AM Post #3 of 3
I haven't tried the ER2SE, but the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro can surely drive the Tin T2 Plus well.

The stock Tempotec Sonata HD Pro auto adjusts the output based on the connected IEM's impedance. There's a way to trick the HD Pro to output at max 2V all the time, by connecting a 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm adapter to it, then connecting the IEM onto the adapter.

Some of the more adventerous folks (myself included) went to flash a BHD firmware from Tempotec's website on it. This makes it almost doubly as loud, and it can drive more things with this firmware (do at own risk though).
I see... Thank you very much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back