can someone tell me about the shure e2c?
Jul 16, 2005 at 3:02 PM Post #2 of 9
A bit more muddier than Etys ER6is, which provides a clear, detailed soud that a lot of people here prefer. E2Cs are a bit cheaper, though. If you come from the likes of stock buds of EX71s, you will sense a huge imporvement in terms of sound, provided that you get a good seal.

Jul 16, 2005 at 3:04 PM Post #3 of 9
All I can tell you is that they work pretty damned good out of my friend's Ipod unamped. The isolation is incredible, and the quality of the music really shines through those canalphones.

The only disadvantage that I noticed for myself, is how uncomfortable they are in my ears at the least, even though you can change the sleeves of the phones to your liking. (Having 3 different sizes for 2 different "models") For most normal people they aren't being uncomfy though.

They really are nice. EDIT: And they're cheap! Which is another reason why they're nice.
tongue.gif

Jul 16, 2005 at 3:18 PM Post #4 of 9
I got mine for $55 shipped, and at that price point, they are an absolute steal. They were uncomfortable, however, at least for me, until I got the Ultra Soft sleeves. They are great and I wish I had some left over from the group buy to give to people, but I don't. Things worked out pretty much cent to cent and sleeve to sleeve.

The E2c's benefit greatly from an amp. Much moreso than my Grados. It really is a night and day difference, but they aren't going to sound bad unamped, either. I use them unamped myself because I don't have anything to carry around my amp and MZ-S1 in.

Jul 16, 2005 at 3:19 PM Post #5 of 9
I have had both the e2c and ER6i. The ER6i are clearer sounding. Both get stomped by the $15 KSC75, but if isolation is what you need then the e2c's or er6i's is the way to go.

Jul 16, 2005 at 6:10 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter
A bit more muddier than Etys ER6is, which provides a clear, detailed soud that a lot of people here prefer. E2Cs are a bit cheaper, though. If you come from the likes of stock buds of EX71s, you will sense a huge imporvement in terms of sound, provided that you get a good seal.

Since when are EX71's stock buds?

Jul 16, 2005 at 6:32 PM Post #7 of 9
I dont think the e2c is uncomfortable, I use the small sleeves, I hardly notice these things in my ears. The e2c is really bassy, but sounds like one-note bass to me, and the sound isnt clear; huge improvement with PA2V2 though.

Jul 16, 2005 at 6:43 PM Post #8 of 9
Highs are rolled off above ~10khz
Mids are balanced well with bass.
Sub bass doesnt extend very deep (compared to full size cans)
Slightly conjested across the spectrum (not unlike the KSC75)
LOW impedence... 16 ohms. make sure your amp can handle the impedence load, cleanly.
NEEDs thorough burn in ~100 Hours
Sleeve fit is crutial to sound.
Wax guard screens need replacement after ~3-4 months.
Questionable build materials. My right side phone split apart and the cable strain releif at the "Y" is starting to crack... theyre 6 months old.
Flat sounding... compressed soundstage, lack dynamics overall.
Koss KSC75 is better in every way, unless you need isolation.
Sound completely different amped... treble opens up, bass impact added, clarity increases across the spectrum. IMHO you havent really heard the e2c till you listen out of a high current amp circuit.

Jul 17, 2005 at 2:27 PM Post #9 of 9
I like my E2c's and am glad I got them as they are pretty good at what they do. They sound good out of my iPod, but out of the Sony they pickup a background hiss. They seemed to be fine out of my brother's iRiver ihp120, though I didn't have much time listening to it. As for the ear pieces, the foamies were the best choice for me until the ultra-flex came out, then they took priority. To me they can't get much more comfortable, and not much more isolating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back