Can Schiit Magni Modi stack power Beyerdynamic T1?
Aug 27, 2015 at 12:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kojurama

New Head-Fier
I am looking at getting new headphones with a budget of 700$ and my source is the Magni Modi stack through PC, so I was wondering if they are enough to get the full use of the T1. If not what other headphones would be good choices within that price range? I listen to Jazz, Metal, Classical, and extreme electronic stuff. I am not buying a new amp anytime soon so I am stuck with the stack as my source. Only over ear headphones.

Aug 27, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #2 of 4
Currently my preferred music headphone is the Audio Technica ATH-W1000X.
They are only 40-Ohm and very easy for the Schiit amp to drive them

Aug 27, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #3 of 4
  I am looking at getting new headphones with a budget of 700$ and my source is the Magni Modi stack through PC, so I was wondering if they are enough to get the full use of the T1. If not what other headphones would be good choices within that price range? I listen to Jazz, Metal, Classical, and extreme electronic stuff. I am not buying a new amp anytime soon so I am stuck with the stack as my source. Only over ear headphones.

Yep, Schiit Magni has plenty of power for the T1.

Happy Listening!

Aug 27, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #4 of 4

Yep, Schiit Magni has plenty of power for the T1.

Happy Listening!

^ Well there you go.  Also the T1 is particularly excellent with electronic I thought, not to mention good with every other genre.

I realize you aren't upgrading your Modi/Magni any time soon, but with the T1 I do recommend an upgrade whenever you can.  The T1 is a top of the line headphone and scales very well with high end equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back