Can one of you audiophiles help me replace my Bose Triports?
Feb 3, 2006 at 6:14 PM Post #16 of 24
the coolest thing about wearing MDRV6 in public... is the recognition. Kids see them on MTV and VH1 and they automatically think youre a recording musician, or at the very least serious about sound. I got more than a couple inquiries on the street back when I owned those cans. Usually kids wanting to listen and compare them to their stock buds.

Compared to now... where everyone laughs at me in my MS2s & KSC75.

Garrett

Feb 3, 2006 at 6:15 PM Post #17 of 24
The Sennheiser HD-25-1's The workhorse of all headphones imo.

Feb 3, 2006 at 6:32 PM Post #18 of 24
You guys are great, thanks for the responses.

But to the poster that said Ebay them, nah, I wont do that, they are already frankenstein'd out, Crazy glue all over the place, Of course you didn't think I would come in here and not say my triports were broken, did you?

I will take all of these into consideration, and if there are more, keep em coming.

Let me tell you, I have some Ultrasone Proline 650's on sale right now on this site, these things are huge, anything smaller than these would be fine, even if they're bigger than the triports. (Just not too bigger, I have to talk to chicks you know?)

I can't believe Grado doesn't have cans like what Im looking for, Im from Brooklyn myself, Do you know how fukking loud it gets here? I would have loved to support the home team, but Grado doesn't have anything towards my needs, or do they?

Feb 3, 2006 at 6:38 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dollaboy
I can't believe Grado doesn't have cans like what Im looking for, Im from Brooklyn myself, Do you know how fukking loud it gets here? I would have loved to support the home team, but Grado doesn't have anything towards my needs, or do they?

Grado has a street style headphone coming up very soon - but I can't speak for being any good, but one would expect it to meet a decent standard for whatever price range is comes out at.

The Sennheiser HD25-1's are fantastic for isolation. As far as chicks go - if they ever go clubbing, the HD25-1's are very popular DJ headphones, and I know DJ's tend to score will with chicks, so hey they might think you're a DJ and you might get lucky
wink.gif
. Another good aspect of the HD25-1's is that they can take a huge beating and generally get treated like scum and still not develope any annoying rattle or cracks etc.

Feb 3, 2006 at 6:39 PM Post #20 of 24
I've been looking towards the Senn HD 25-1 the past week or so, but I though I would poke my head in this thread to see whats going on and what happens... I leave with an order for Sony MDR-D66SL Eggo's with AudioCubes
rolleyes.gif

Something took control of me after seeing the Eggo, I don't know why though :unsure:

Feb 3, 2006 at 6:50 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dork Knight
I've been looking towards the Senn HD 25-1 the past week or so, but I though I would poke my head in this thread to see whats going on and what happens... I leave with an order for Sony MDR-D66SL Eggo's with AudioCubes
rolleyes.gif

Something took control of me after seeing the Eggo, I don't know why though :unsure:

OH ****, I was thinking the same thing. I looked at these things and just fell in love with them , is the sound great? I like the egg shape, it reminds me of the Triports, that way, I know for a fact my ears will be covered, but they look sorta flimsy, But so cool....

Im very depressed right now.

Are there any other "Egg" headphones that will blow me away? Or do the round ES7 Cover everything?

Feb 3, 2006 at 7:02 PM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dollaboy
Can someone help me out?

Ipod.

Bose Triport.

Don't want Bose Triport anymore.

Likes Bose Triport sound, style, and size. ( I don't want to walk the streets with dinner plates on my head)

Closed, Isolated.

Non-amp listening, Sreet and laptop.

Nothing new here, but I was amazed at how the AKG A26P's perform as good as or perhaps even better than the Triports, and you can get them for $39.

I also agree that a logical step up from these would be the Sony MDR-V6's. Great sound, low price, and they fold up for travel.

And finally, if price is no object, the Senn HD-25-1's have a terrific reputation and are portable (I haven't used them, but I would like to sample them sometime).

Feb 4, 2006 at 11:31 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by DougGreenberg
And finally, if price is no object, the Senn HD-25-1's have a terrific reputation and are portable (I haven't used them, but I would like to sample them sometime).

Whilst I love the HD-25 1's to bits and will always recommend them, they are not the best closed headphone around if money is no object - that being said no portable can (under your requirements) that is closed can compete imo. Grado's are great sure, but I don't feel that they're suited for portability when walking around etc - you'll end up turning your music up too loud because they're open.

HD-25 1's have great isolation, are almost indistructable, every part is replacable, good bass (something which I feel quite a few IEM's lack), and they're something you can walk around with and be bothered by too many people staring and laughing at you
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back