Can one of you audiophiles help me replace my Bose Triports?
Feb 3, 2006 at 8:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Dollaboy

Banned
Can someone help me out?

Ipod.

Bose Triport.

Don't want Bose Triport anymore.

Likes Bose Triport sound, style, and size. ( I don't want to walk the streets with dinner plates on my head)

Closed, Isolated.

Non-amp listening, Sreet and laptop.

No Price limit, and I do not want In ear headphones, they are ver uncomfortable, and it feels like the music is being drilled into your brain, manchurian candidate style.

Feb 3, 2006 at 8:33 AM Post #2 of 24
Maybe the Senn 280 Pro fit your need (tho maybe they will look like dinner plates), great isolation, great sound, not too expensive. It would be a very pleasent upgrade from your bose.

Feb 3, 2006 at 9:15 AM Post #5 of 24
If you like the Triport sound, style, and size... why not stick with them? Admittedly, I don't think they're worth more than $40, but if you like them, why not?

The Sennheiser 280 Pro, Sony MDR-V6 (NOT V600), and Sony D66 Eggo are all very good suggestions. The Eggos are very stylish and sound great, but they won't give you the ear-rattling bass that Triports can give you. On the other hand, they'll have substantially better sound quality overall. The HD280 Pro... I don't know if it will be all that great unamped from an iPod. The bass will be pretty light. It's a very detailed, analytical sounding headphone that sounds great for the money, but it needs a bassy source. The V6 might be the best option right out of the iPod, but it looks like, well, the 1980's studio headphone that it is. Very big minus in terms of style points.

I'd throw in the Sennheiser HD25 (not HD25SP) as a very good portable DJ phone that sounds good and is easy to drive. I've never heard it, mind you, but it has a good reputation.

Feb 3, 2006 at 12:24 PM Post #7 of 24
I'm glad your coming to your senses, and losing the triports! Look into the AKG models, and some Sennheisers, as they will trounce the triports!
eek.gif

The Koss KSC-75 will also do fine, and you will hear what a cheap set of ear clips can do to an overpriced, highly overrated one!
tongue.gif

Feb 3, 2006 at 1:01 PM Post #8 of 24
I know these won't work, but I can't actually think of a pair that hasn't already been mentioned. The ADH-W1000 will definitely do the job, if not a little too bling a flashy.

Feb 3, 2006 at 1:44 PM Post #10 of 24
Feb 3, 2006 at 3:49 PM Post #11 of 24
Don't forget that you can probably ebay your triports to somebody that doesn't know better for a good amount of money making you able to afford a little more expensive cans than you might want to spend.

Feb 3, 2006 at 5:17 PM Post #14 of 24
I also recommend the Senn 25-1. Replaced the original cable with one from the HD 580 and they sound great, very Gradoish. They're my #1 portable can and are excellent straight from an iPod headphone out, no amp needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back