Can I replace my headphone jack
Nov 24, 2013 at 5:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Halonoonan

Head-Fier
I have a pair of Denon d1100 headphones that do not have interchangeable cables. The jack (part that goes into my iphone) got bent. The music plays fine out of the left ear but to get it to play out of the right ear I have to twist and push etc into the iPhone to find the sweet spot.
Is there anyway to replace this jack?

Nov 24, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #2 of 4
I have a pair of Denon d1100 headphones that do not have interchangeable cables. The jack (part that goes into my iphone) got bent. The music plays fine out of the left ear but to get it to play out of the right ear I have to twist and push etc into the iPhone to find the sweet spot.

well there are 2 options. 

1. you can try to get a piece of cloth or something to grasp the jack with, and start slightly bending it back in place, and this may correct the situation.

2. there are a couple ppl on here who might be interested in replacing the jack for you, unless you are steady with a soldering iron and have all the needed tools. ted's headfood is someone who comes to mind.

Nov 25, 2013 at 2:04 AM Post #3 of 4

Yes you can replace the 1/8" 3.5mm stereo mini-jack plug on your Denon AH-D1100 headphones.
Mostly need to have a soldering iron and I'm sure you can find solder locally, plus a sharp knife.
Here is a Canare F-12 1/8" stereo plug.
http://www.performanceaudio.com/item/canare-f-12/441/

Somewhere on the internet there are direction for soldering this plug

Nov 29, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #4 of 4
A bent mini plug is not always toast, you can grab that sucker with pliers and bend the tip back into submission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back