Can I hook up the audio-gd fun to my computer without purchasing an aftermarket sound card?
Nov 9, 2011 at 3:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jimithing60089

New Head-Fier
Can I hook up the audio-gd fun to my computer and then just plug my headphones into that?  or do I also have to buy a nice sound card and then hook the audio-gd fun to that?

Nov 9, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #2 of 5
No need for a computer card at all in most situations that I can think of, assuming this is a Windows or Mac with USB ver. 1.1 or newer connectors.

You should be able to see the USB device in your computer's audio settings after you connect it.  Typically, you would set the volume to maximum levels on the computer, and then use the amp/dac to control how loudly you want to listen to your music or other audio. (games, videos, and other software)

For some sensitive headphones or in-ear buds, you may want to use the computer volume to adjust the sound levels to a comfortable level, but idealy you would want to keep it maxed.

Nov 9, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #4 of 5
A sound card will usually do gaming a bit better, if it supports Dolby 5 and 7... but for music, the Fun should blow just about all of them out of the water. 

Nov 9, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
So do you think an audio-gd fun would be better than buying an asus essense STX?  I am using these for lots of gaming and music listening.

I'd go with the Audio GD Fun over a sound card any day, especially if you own those HD650's in your avatar.  You can connect it via USB or you can even pair it with a digital interface to supply cleaner power. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back