Can I get some help with wireless options please?
Dec 5, 2018 at 6:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

toby23

New Head-Fier
I have an Oppo PM-3 paired with an Oppo HA-2 DAC that is attached to my PC via USB and set up to use the Oratary1990 profile from HeSuVi.

For travelling, I use the 2016 QC 35's and value the ANC but I would like to get a new pair of wireless headphones as I do not enjoy listening to music on the QC 35s and find myself using them with the ipad for Netflix mainly instead.

Q. Are there any wireless headphones out there that even come close to the sound of the PM-3's with HA-2?

I have read many posts online about the B&W PX and Sony XM3 but I don't want to compromise on comfort for sake of sound and don't want issues with clamping, which I had with the Beyerdynamic DT990s.

I would appreciate any tips or feedback!

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2018 at 6:53 PM Post #2 of 8
I am an LDAC Bluetooth convert / fan

I am trying a few Sony headphones out that have it.

Atpx HD also sounds good

Those two are the standards to aim for right now IMHO. Look at wireless headphones that have one or both.

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #6 of 8
@Bern2 Thank you, I didn't know that this existed. It's perfect!
Bang for the dollar ...it's a great value. I'm using it with an Audioquest Nighthawk. Here's the link on Head-Fi.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/radsone-earstudio.867366/page-228#post-14642167

I ran into the same problems you are trying to avoid. I bought the Sony MDR-1abt...a decent hp design wise..but doesn't sound all that great...and the B&W P7 wireless, which actually sounds very good..but is not all that comfortable. (B&W P7 built extremely well).

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #7 of 8
For under £300, which wireless headphones, if any, can deliver a similarly neutral and natural experience like the PM-3? After thinking about it, the PM-3's are staying at home and I would like a reliable and naturally sounding wireless headphone for travelling.

I would love to hear especially from anyone who owns Oppo and a wireless headphone like the PX or XM3 headphones and can compare the sound. I'm also open to any other suggestions as it seems to be quite hard to find a store near to where I live to test these models.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #8 of 8
Does anyone have any comments or feedback for me? Best wireless headphone for around £300 that can deliver similarly neutral sound to the PM-3? If that's even possible?
Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back