can I get a single amp that I can use with IEM's and HD650's?
Jun 24, 2008 at 3:23 AM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, putting an impedance adapter on the output will definitely change the sound of the headphone as it creates a voltage divider and will since headphones don't have a flat frequency response, it will change how they sound...

...As for OP's situation, If you like the HD650, you're likely to hate bright IEMs; not much you can do about that. I would simply recommend using an amp that will be able to properly drive your HD650 (not an easy task, I might say; just because it's loud doesn't mean it sounds good), and switching IEMs or amping them with something else.

and in this case, adding an impedance adapter might actually increase bass response and smooth the highs, which seem to be the OP's major complaints.

for the $10 it would cost to make the cable, it's a pretty low-risk investment, and should at least be considered before throwing more money at yet another amp, imho.

also, i'm not sure if switching $1150 custom fit IEMs is going to be an option for the OP.

Jun 24, 2008 at 6:48 PM Post #17 of 18
A newcomer to the home Headphone amp offerings, the KICAS Caliente - offered by Purity Audio (a pair of Head-Fiers), is excellent with my HD650 and my SE530's (low impedance, high sensitivity IEMs). This amp brings out the best from both of these fairly different phones.

Jun 24, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #18 of 18
I am listening to the HD-600's, RS-1's, K-701's as well as Ety Er-4's through a Singlepower Extreme. I haven't seen a better amp under $1000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back