Can I bypass the amp in the E7 without an E9?
Mar 11, 2012 at 7:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

levinhatz

100+ Head-Fier
Hi folks, I can't seem to find the answer to this on any of the forms:

I've heard that when you hook up the Fiio E7 dac/amp to the Fiio E9 amp, it'll bypass the E7's amp so there's no double amping going on. I've got an E7 and I'm looking to get a desktop amp with significantly more power. Is getting an E9 the only option if I want to use the E7 as a separate dac? I'd really like to get something else, just want to know if that means I need to ditch the E7 and get a new dac too.

By the way I'm using new Grado sr325is phones and an iMac, with mostly lossless music.

Thanks!

Mar 11, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #3 of 6
Indeed, Amazon agrees with your response.

Good on Fiio to sell something that lets you combine their product with others from different companies rather than forcing you to use theirs. I really like the E7 as a dac but the amp is pretty weak.

By the way, this is my fourth post on this great forum and I have yet to receive an apology about my wallet.... :wink:

Mar 15, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #4 of 6
So for the E7 and E9 pairing you don't need a line-out for the E7 to bypass the amp? I'm confused cause I've never dealt with a FiiO product before.

Mar 15, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
So for the E7 and E9 pairing you don't need a line-out for the E7 to bypass the amp? I'm confused cause I've never dealt with a FiiO product before.

Just plug the E7 onto the E9 and let them work their magic. You don't need to worry about anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back