can headphones ruin my hair (serious question)
Oct 10, 2014 at 12:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

kululu

New Head-Fier
I've notice that the headphones create sort of hollow in the hair because of the headband of the headphones (I'm using ATH-m50x) Can it cause the hairs to grown unnaturally in a different manner / direction because the headband is like "crashing" the hair ?

Oct 10, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #4 of 11
look at queen elizabeth II - she wears headscarfs (and hats) all the time - as do millions of people. in addition - people flattening their hair everyday are motorbike riders + divers + every person in a uniform. 

maybe you should look into in-ear if you are really worried 
wink.gif

ps: ask your hairstylist for advice

Oct 11, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #7 of 11
The worst effects helmets have had on hair are:

1. Lice (The mods will delete this, because politics are verboten, and it's hard to discuss history without anything political in it)

2. "Ridiculous" hairstyles that will (The mods will delete this, because politics are verboten, and it's hard to discuss history without anything political in it)

-----

All that was for helmets, which covered a lot more surface area and used in more hazardous environments where the wearer is exposed to stuff like chemicals and sharp objects like spears. The worst thing headphones can do to one's hair is to snag hair and pull some out every time they are taken off. Before anyone finds that alarming, note and observe how much hair the ladies in your houses leave on their hairbrush or the bath/shower drain. It would have to be hair taken off the same spot for a headphone to cause a visible bald spot.

Oct 12, 2014 at 4:18 AM Post #8 of 11
  I've notice that the headphones create sort of hollow in the hair because of the headband of the headphones (I'm using ATH-m50x) Can it cause the hairs to grown unnaturally in a different manner / direction because the headband is like "crashing" the hair ?

yes. your hair will fall out and you will start balding earlier. don't trust these headphone enthusiasts, they will lie through their teeth to hid this pandemic problem inherent with full-sized headphones.

source: no scientific source, but I know it's true. I can just tell. I trust my ears.

#trollololol

Oct 12, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #9 of 11
  yes. your hair will fall out and you will start balding earlier. don't trust these headphone enthusiasts, they will lie through their teeth to hid this pandemic problem inherent with full-sized headphones.

source: no scientific source, but I know it's true. I can just tell. I trust my ears.

#trollololol

Hahaha, you sir had made my day XD
thanks i needed that... :D :D :D

Oct 18, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #11 of 11
Yes, it is very dangerous <D However as all problem it can be solved, I just happened to have special audiophile shampoo and hair gel which will protect your hair from cruel effects of headband usage and also improves sonic performance. After using this combo surely soundstage timbre and realism of all my headphones dramatically improved :D

If purchased together, combo price would be $335 on discount.

Thanks

devil_face.gif
devil_face.gif
devil_face.gif
devil_face.gif
devil_face.gif
devil_face.gif
devil_face.gif
devil_face.gif
devil_face.gif
devil_face.gif
devil_face.gif